Would America Be Better Off If More Christian Coalition Right Wing Conswervatives Were Elected?

HawgGoneIt

12 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

That was cute...the thousands of screaming snow flake libtards photos out there because they didn't get their way tantrums..so precocious

:D We were warned. We just were told all manner of shit that the mark would be. Once you finally see it, you will shit bricks.

Screenshot_20200219-203837_Twitter.thumb.jpg.ff55e9a0347c44c3d5e3917332b96f57.jpg

xD

It's really sad to see for me, because I love people in general. Watching folks try to reconcile their religious beliefs with supporting all the hate and shit is hard to stomach though. 

Hence I can only breeze through here occasionally. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

:D We were warned. We just were told all manner of shit that the mark would be. Once you finally see it, you will shit bricks.

Screenshot_20200219-203837_Twitter.thumb.jpg.ff55e9a0347c44c3d5e3917332b96f57.jpg

xD

It's really sad to see for me, because I love people in general. Watching folks try to reconcile their religious beliefs with supporting all the hate and shit is hard to stomach though. 

Hence I can only breeze through here occasionally. ;)

what is so hard to understand? 

BOTH sides always 'try' to claim to be the righteous....

And both are always riddled with flaws.

Generally better when you can view politics for what it really is...

...and not try to confuse/intertwine politics with secular doctrine.

So why are you so guilty of what you are ranting about?

🙄

PS: That's a nice 'Hollywood rehash' of the ole big O Satan story you got going there....

hope you don't have to pay any royalties...😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Troll said:

what is so hard to understand? 

BOTH sides always 'try' to claim to be the righteous....

And both are always riddled with flaws.

Generally better when you can view politics for what it really is...

...and not try to confuse/intertwine politics with secular doctrine.

So why are you so guilty of what you are ranting about?

🙄

PS: That's a nice 'Hollywood rehash' of the ole big O Satan story you got going there....

hope you don't have to pay any royalties...😆

I'm not trying to intertwine. 

You must not be following along. The original survey I posted was from a Christian Lawmakers Organization. 

I'd love nothing more than if they wanna preach, to move their fake asses to churches and out of government. There is no way to reconcile the two, so everyone should stop pretending that's their goal. Especially the clowns that started that survey then blamed the result on the devil. 

I definitely view politics as what it is. Shit. 

When I have to deal with people around me pretending to be Christians while acting like anything but, especially as it pertains to politics, then, you get this "act." 

If you want to build a wall, build one between the government and the church. That wall will actually accomplish some good stuff, like helping Christians to be good stewards to their organizations and helping government to be secular as it should be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm not trying to intertwine. 

You must not be following along.

Was responding to your meme postings....

Not to worry tho, I know the answer to the guilt query is that you are just being facetious...

Good premise, and i don't disagree....

But I dunno...maybe a little more emphasis on the delivery might help? 😝

7 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

We as a people have let our government is years now get completely out of hand and we did nothing

We as a people do not revolt.

We do not overthrow local state national governments 

If I was a founding father looking down on us they have to be completely disappointed.  

Stability indicates success, not failure. 

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think you are wrong in your first paragraph and totally on point the rest of the way. 

You may not want to pass laws based on your religion, but, the group of Christian Congress folk that started that twitter survey definitely do. They stepped out and thought they'd get overwhelming and resounding yes votes, but, turns out the stepped in it and it's 94% hell nah. 

They quickly blamed it on satanists. I know why they did so. Because they can't be wrong. Beyond reproach I think is the term. At least they thought so. They may need some rethinking. 

They don't know what they're doing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

At least they're not torturing and executing those who don't believe like they do. Progress. 

This is true. Maybe I'd do better and have less vessels popping out on my forehead if I viewed it from that angle. 

I joke about the vessels popping. I hate that (not necessarily on the internet, but irl) I find myself losing respect for people that I always viewed as "good" Christians. So, forgive me if I occasionally act out about it. When some people try to testify or whatever these days, I find myself rolling my eyes. Pretty sad really. 

Maybe I'm just sensitive. Just a sensitive libtard dumbocrat. xD 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BTW BB

Nice quote 👍....but more in keeping with the thread content....

Shouldn't you have upgraded it?

🤔

Here, allow me...

28 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Right. You can't tolerate someone unless you think KNOW they're wrong in important ways. 

FIFY...😝

(the original IS better when not being facetious tho)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is true. Maybe I'd do better and have less vessels popping out on my forehead if I viewed it from that angle. 

I joke about the vessels popping. I hate that (not necessarily on the internet, but irl) I find myself losing respect for people that I always viewed as "good" Christians. So, forgive me if I occasionally act out about it. When some people try to testify or whatever these days, I find myself rolling my eyes. Pretty sad really. 

Maybe I'm just sensitive. Just a sensitive libtard dumbocrat. xD 

I have a lot of Christians friends (what a surprise, I know) who are not Trump fans. My pastor, for example, takes your line in church: Jesus would be on the left on a lot of these issues. (It gets to be too much for me sometimes, if I'm honest.) 

And I think the hypocrisy of the self-styled religious is a major theme in the Bible. In the gospels, Jesus isn't exasperated with the prostitutes and the tax collectors, but with the religious hypocrites. And John's first epistle is essentially a guideline for distinguishing true Christians from fake ones, whom he calls liars; and it isn't about dogma or professed beliefs; it's about charity. 

So if you're sick of the fake Christians, you're in good company, at least by my lights. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

So if you're sick of the fake Christians, you're in good company, at least by my lights. 

I know you requested movies...but this is supposed to be a very good book...

image.png.d91fb3d7d2e4c8a9094ebe8697f75d07.png

The 17th century dude who invented binary code (and basically computers)

supposedly he devoted a lot of analytical skill to deciphering God and Christianity...

Let me know if it is any good,

...as I don't generally read books 😲🙄 .

BTW: Gutenberg also appears to have a link to his other  'Pensees' work...(the other one I've heard of)

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/18269/18269-h/18269-h.htm

Even if historical writing style, can be a bit harder on the read.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

We as a people have let our government is years now get completely out of hand and we did nothing

We as a people do not revolt.

We do not overthrow local state national governments 

If I was a founding father looking down on us they have to be completely disappointed.  

Before or after banging that booty?

BGW

• Haha 1

It’s the same when Pelosi quotes scripture and says she is a Catholic but champions killing live babies that are about to be born and in some cases already born. Most politicians are so corrupt and there is so much stuff behind the scenes that it’s almost impossible to be a politician and not be a hypocrite in regards to faith. And that is for all sides. 

And why isn’t suicide ok? It’s my right to choose damn it! I know there are people on this site that have advocated for me to commit suicide but I won’t do it so stop asking!!!! But the point is the same. Why is abortion ok, but not suicide? Same with prostitution, drugs etc. Aren’t those all rights to choose? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

1-800-273-8255 .... really not a laughing matter, here’s the lifeline number for anybody that needs it. 

As neglectful we as a nation is in regards to our mental health. Call, talk to someone, that goes for anyone here.

BGW

Solid post right there.   Should be a finalist for 'solid post of the year' award.  

👊

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Solid post right there.   Should be a finalist for 'solid post of the year' award.  

👊

No it’s not. It’s sarcasm because he has been encouraging me to kill myself for some time now. And they weren’t jokes because anger was behind all of them. It is because we disagree with political beliefs and general outlooks on life. 

Apparently not agreeing with his outlook causes so much anger that he encourages people to kill themselves. 

I disagree with a lot of people and think democratic politicians have terrible outlooks on life and the way they govern but I would never wish harm on them. Quit or get fired, yeah. But not physical violence. That’s the biggest problem in society now. Violence is the answer for disagreement 

12 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

No it’s not. It’s sarcasm because he has been encouraging me to kill myself for some time now. And they weren’t jokes because anger was behind all of them. It is because we disagree with political beliefs and general outlooks on life. 

Apparently not agreeing with his outlook causes so much anger that he encourages people to kill themselves. 

I disagree with a lot of people and think democratic politicians have terrible outlooks on life and the way they govern but I would never wish harm on them. Quit or get fired, yeah. But not physical violence. That’s the biggest problem in society now. Violence is the answer for disagreement 

You’re grasping for straws... because you’re in full meltdown, still. 

Listen to your Leader that you admire so much, get over it... you lost and furthering this is still losing. 

Good luck, with the blogging campaign. 

BGW

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2020 at 9:12 AM, Troll said:

I know you requested movies...but this is supposed to be a very good book...

image.png.d91fb3d7d2e4c8a9094ebe8697f75d07.png

The 17th century dude who invented binary code (and basically computers)

supposedly he devoted a lot of analytical skill to deciphering God and Christianity...

Let me know if it is any good,

...as I don't generally read books 😲🙄 .

BTW: Gutenberg also appears to have a link to his other  'Pensees' work...(the other one I've heard of)

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/18269/18269-h/18269-h.htm

Even if historical writing style, can be a bit harder on the read.

It's probably the same work. I think the book above is just the Pensees organized by themes, together with a few letters Pascal wrote.

There's a tradition of mathematicians developing arguments for the existence and nature of God, a traditions which continues to this day. 

Descartes discovered analytical geometry and wrote the Meditations. 

Leibniz discovered calculus independently of Newton and wrote the Theodicy.

Godel published his two incompleteness theorems and developed an otological argument for the existence of God.

Alexander Pruss is alive and well. He's in his 40s. He got his first PhD in mathematics and his second one in philosophy. He publishes widely in both fields and has written quite a bit on God and Christianity.

You might add some of it to the reading list.  

• Like 1