Market

THS2011

38 minutes ago, THS2011 said:

About to be a really bad day. Just read something about circuit breakers being used? 

It is bad, no doubt.  But the fundamentals of the economy are good, so have to believe it will bounce back.  But it is going to be ugly for a while, and will take some time to recover.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

It is bad, no doubt.  But the fundamentals of the economy are good, so have to believe it will bounce back.  But it is going to be ugly for a while, and will take some time to recover.

Exactly.  I pulled out and am sitting on the sidelines and will reenter once the economy recovers.  Many economists are saying 2d half of this year.  

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

But the fundamentals of the economy are good,

That's the same thing John McCain said before the last bear market/recession.

And you're also the guy who said that the corona virus was all a media hypejob.

So I'm sure that there's nothing to worry about.

2 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Do you really feel comfortable with Trump as President right now?  He played golf yesterday while there was an important meeting about the coronavirus at the Ehite House.

Oh dear God..He played a round of golf on a Sunday morning! He should give back his presidential salary! Oh wait He doesn't receive one.

Barry was on the 15th hole while hundreds of millions were being dropped off on an Iranian tarmac...but he's Angel...gotcha!

Carry on.

16 minutes ago, The Guru said:

That's the same thing John McCain said before the last bear market/recession.

And you're also the guy who said that the corona virus was all a media hypejob.

So I'm sure that there's nothing to worry about.

McCain was an idiot.  The banking system collapsed.  This is a virus.  Does not mean there are not going to be effects, but is not 2008.

And people are dealing with it.  Still living their lives.  Going to bars, restaurants, sporting events, church etc.  For the most part, people are not chicken littles.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bormio said:

And people are dealing with it.  Still living their lives.  Going to bars, restaurants, sporting events, church etc.  For the most part, people are not chicken littles.

I think your take on this is my favorite.

"People are breathing. Doing laundry! They're dealing with it, OK?!"

So as long as people are "dealing with it" then it's a media-created hype-job.

🤡

6 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I think your take on this is my favorite.

"People are breathing. Doing laundry! They're dealing with it, OK?!"

So as long as people are "dealing with it" then it's a media-created hype-job.

🤡

You are going to be disappointed unless 2 million die here, eh?

No, @Bormio the person who obviously wants people to die is your fellow stock market whore, Rick Santelli, who said that we should just give corona virus to everybody in America so we can get it over with and resume normal trading.

The idea that a person of your track record would pretend to care about people dying of this virus is laughable on it's face.

Right now there are no reported coronavirus cases in Louisiana, but they are coming!

Hopefully by that time I'll be as educated as an average Joe can be on the subject/virus. 

Pretending everything is cool and contained per kellyanne conway is a fool's play. Every time that woman surfaces something's not right

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Why can't people carry on with their lives, but pay attention....gather as much information as possible...and try to separate facts from bullshit.

Evidently that's a tough chore for people in very rural South Carolina.

The media in large part is not providing information - they are trying to stoke panic.  And bashing Trump.  Watched MSNBC briefly this morning - it was not informational.  It was an anti-Trump rant.  Nothing wrong with taking precautions and going about your lives.  The problem is there is simply not that much outside of personal protection measures to be done.

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

The media in large part is not providing information - they are trying to stoke panic.  And bashing Trump.  Watched MSNBC briefly this morning - it was not informational.  It was an anti-Trump rant.  Nothing wrong with taking precautions and going about your lives.  The problem is there is simply not that much outside of personal protection measures to be done.

Imagine being so far up someone's ass that your primary concern is protecting their political future rather than a potentially serous virus.

Also, why should people take precautions if it's just a media-driven hype-job?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

What exactly are you providing on here?

It's always funny when propagandists complain about real news organizations being biased.

"You, CNN, have to abide by a strict standard of my choosing whilst I eschew those said standards in an attempt to prop up Trump's agenda!"

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Imagine being so far up someone's ass that your primary concern is protecting their political future rather than a potentially serous virus.

Also, why should people take precautions if it's just a media-driven hype-job?

Imagine hating a President so much you are rooting for a pandemic with a million deaths or more.

People should take precautions for the flu, too. #asshole

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Guru said:

It's always funny when propagandists complain about real news organizations being biased.

"You, CNN, have to abide by a strict standard of my choosing whilst I eschew those said standards in an attempt to prop up Trump's agenda!"

We all know that if this was under a president Obama, these same guys and Trump himself would all be beside themselves, probably far worse than anybody today is about this virus. 

The news would be reporting in roughly the same manner, except, I suspect it would be being handled differently with real data being released in virtually real time from the government, who likely would have appointed some scientist/doctor to spearhead the operation not a lawyer and a vp. 

These guys get their panties in a twist when the media actually does it's job and holds politicians accountable as long as it's not "their guy" and piss and moan they aren't holding politiicians accountable enough if it's not "their guy." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1