Market

THS2011

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Is waiting for a bottom not prudent? How low might they go? 

Are you buying certain stocks? Medical manufaturer type stocks? That type stuff?

Waiting for a bottom is better and history has shown we aren’t there yet, not even close.  

in the ‘08 recession it took one year for prices to hit bottom and then another 7 to recover. There was a similar decline period in 2000 as well.  

I don’t expect to see a recovery until a vaccine is created.  Consumer confidence will be too low for one to happen before then 

This is at least what I’m betting.... I’m buying in the summer or fall 

29 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Waiting for a bottom is better and history has shown we aren’t there yet, not even close.  

in the ‘08 recession it took one year for prices to hit bottom and then another 7 to recover. There was a similar decline period in 2000 as well.  

I don’t expect to see a recovery until a vaccine is created.  Consumer confidence will be too low for one to happen before then 

This is at least what I’m betting.... I’m buying in the summer or fall 

Gotta watch what Russia and OPEC are doing with oil prices as well. 

There is a lot going on right now. Definitely gonna have a lot of new money sidelined. 

Them that are already invested are better to hang on for the ride. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There is a lot going on right now. Definitely gonna have a lot of new money sidelined. 

Remember there is a lot of young people who for some stupid reason dont invest in the market and the bitch about why they dont have wealth. I saw an article and it's right. If u have money to put aside you have money to invest. There isnt any other outlet that is going to give you a return like the market. 

27 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yes, all of it will slow growth and that’s the party real spoiler.  

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Remember there is a lot of young people who for some stupid reason dont invest in the market and the bitch about why they dont have wealth. I saw an article and it's right. If u have money to put aside you have money to invest.

Yeah, they don't have any money to put aside.

That swished right over our head apparently.

19 hours ago, Bormio said:

McCain was an idiot.  The banking system collapsed.  This is a virus.  Does not mean there are not going to be effects, but is not 2008.

And people are dealing with it.  Still living their lives.  Going to bars, restaurants, sporting events, church etc.  For the most part, people are not chicken littles.

it's not just the virus, not at all. 

the market was gonna crash to a lesser degree no matter what. it has been artificially juiced for way to long.

then we just entered an oil war.... this was the main catalyst for today. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bormio said:

...This is a virus.  Does not mean there are not going to be effects, but is not 2008.

And people are dealing with it.  Still living their lives.  Going to bars, restaurants, sporting events, church etc.  For the most part, people are not chicken littles.

They passed out a letter at church Sunday, recommending that instead of shaking hands to offer each other "peace," a nod or a wave would be better. It also said it's okay to take the host and forego the wine. 

When those two times came, people obviously said to themselves "Seriously? Over eleven deaths in a 327 million population? Don't think so." The handshakes continued, and so did the drinking of the wine.

No Chicken Littles in our church.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

They passed out a letter at church Sunday, recommending that instead of shaking hands to offer each other "peace," a nod or a wave would be better. It also said it's okay to take the host and forego the wine. 

When those two times came, people obviously said to themselves "Seriously? Over eleven deaths in a 327 million population? Don't think so." The handshakes continued, and so did the drinking of the wine.

I'm totally in favor of these Darwin Award candidates.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

High schools in my area are now switching to player only events no spectators. No parent-teacher meetings in the near future. Several colleges in my area are online only right now. I have to drive my son on a 13-hour round trip to Rochester Institute of Technology on Saturday. You bet your ass I'm calling them before I drive up there as a lot of those kids are of Asian and Indian descent. Not being racist it's the reality 50% R and a lot of going back to their home countries for spring break. I'd like to know for my son safety as well as 13 hours on the car then I'm not going to turn around and come pick them up. And if he's doing online from home there will be a reduction in tuition in my mind LOL

8 hours ago, Bormio said:

Imagine hating a President so much you are rooting for a pandemic with a million deaths or more.

People should take precautions for the flu, too. #asshole

This isn’t about Trump.  Nor Matt Gaetz nor Ted Cruz who are both now in a two week quarantine.  Gaetz was just on a plane with Trump.  Has Trump been tested?  He still shakes everyone’s hands and wants large crowds around him.

But this is about us.

Trump is not fully knowledgeable about the coronovirus.  He should have stayed on stage at his press conference today and discussed it.  But he left early.

We’re on a financial crisis.  We’re in a health crisis.  We need a truthful, caring leader to protect and guide us.

Trump is not that leader.  Certainly Wall Street does not believe he is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

High schools in my area are now switching to player only events no spectators. No parent-teacher meetings in the near future. Several colleges in my area are online only right now. I have to drive my son on a 13-hour round trip to Rochester Institute of Technology on Saturday. You bet your ass I'm calling them before I drive up there as a lot of those kids are of Asian and Indian descent. Not being racist it's the reality 50% R and a lot of going back to their home countries for spring break. I'd like to know for my son safety as well as 13 hours on the car then I'm not going to turn around and come pick them up. And if he's doing online from home there will be a reduction in tuition in my mind LOL

What does Asian or Indian descent have to do with anything?  What about Italy where the whole country is shut down?  Or the eastern suburbs of Seattle.

I fucking hate racists.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

What does Asian or Indian descent have to do with anything?  What about Italy where the whole country is shut down?  Or the eastern suburbs of Seattle.

I fucking hate racists.

My son's school is taking a reactive approach not a proactive approach. It is what it is his school is 50% Asian and Indian. I'm not being a racist. On being a concerned father. Yes many friends of many descends up at school. And I'm happy for his open-mindedness and is open heartedness. I'm sorry you thought that was racist but it wasn't.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1