Market

THS2011

5 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

My son's school is taking a reactive approach not a proactive approach. It is what it is his school is 50% Asian and Indian. I'm not being a racist. On being a concerned father. Yes many friends of many descends up at school. And I'm happy for his open-mindedness and is open heartedness. I'm sorry you thought that was racist but it wasn't.

Sincere appreciation-Sorry I reacted so strongly.  Thank you, I AM IRONMAN.

• Like 1

There are 7 different viruses labeled corona virus. Hope this helps some of you to understand this virus a little more .

Human Coronavirus Types

Coronaviruses are named for the crown-like spikes on their surface. There are four main sub-groupings of coronaviruses, known as alpha, beta, gamma, and delta.

Human coronaviruses were first identified in the mid-1960s. The seven coronaviruses that can infect people are:

Common human coronaviruses

1. 229E (alpha coronavirus)
  2. NL63 (alpha coronavirus)
  3. OC43 (beta coronavirus)
  4. HKU1 (beta coronavirus)

Other human coronaviruses

1. MERS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or MERS)
  2. SARS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS)
  3. SARS-CoV-2 (the novel coronavirus that causes coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19)

People around the world commonly get infected with human coronaviruses 229E, NL63, OC43, and HKU1.

Sometimes coronaviruses that infect animals can evolve and make people sick and become a new human coronavirus. Three recent examples of this are 2019-nCoV, SARS-CoV, and MERS-CoV.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

They passed out a letter at church Sunday, recommending that instead of shaking hands to offer each other "peace," a nod or a wave would be better. It also said it's okay to take the host and forego the wine. 

When those two times came, people obviously said to themselves "Seriously? Over eleven deaths in a 327 million population? Don't think so." The handshakes continued, and so did the drinking of the wine.

No Chicken Littles in our church.  

No straight up morons. 

They should not be giving out hosts and the wine thing is insane and always has been, especially during flu season.

On 3/9/2020 at 5:50 PM, Slotback Right said:

They passed out a letter at church Sunday, recommending that instead of shaking hands to offer each other "peace," a nod or a wave would be better. It also said it's okay to take the host and forego the wine. 

When those two times came, people obviously said to themselves "Seriously? Over eleven deaths in a 327 million population? Don't think so." The handshakes continued, and so did the drinking of the wine.

No Chicken Littles in our church.  

I realize everyone has the right to make their own decisions, which is why so many people chose to forego sharing a chalice with hundreds of others on Sundays for a sip of wine a long time ago. I'm not sure I'd be puffing out my chest about still doing that. But if you are actually doing it, I hope you enjoy it. Do people then go to a restaurant after Church for brunch and pass around their coffee and orange juice?

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 8:40 PM, I AM IRONMAN said:

High schools in my area are now switching to player only events no spectators. No parent-teacher meetings in the near future. Several colleges in my area are online only right now. I have to drive my son on a 13-hour round trip to Rochester Institute of Technology on Saturday. You bet your ass I'm calling them before I drive up there as a lot of those kids are of Asian and Indian descent. Not being racist it's the reality 50% R and a lot of going back to their home countries for spring break. I'd like to know for my son safety as well as 13 hours on the car then I'm not going to turn around and come pick them up. And if he's doing online from home there will be a reduction in tuition in my mind LOL

LOL...Ironmam the RED-NECK racist!!...."You bet your ass I'm calling them before I drive up there as a lot of those kids are of Asian and Indian descent."

Trump would be PROUD of you mam!! any of them come from "shithole" countries too??

Ironmam=racist....:$

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

LOL...Ironmam the RED-NECK racist!!...."You bet your ass I'm calling them before I drive up there as a lot of those kids are of Asian and Indian descent."

Trump would be PROUD of you mam!! any of them come from "shithole" countries too??

Hmm....an Interesting concept...🤔

.....let's compare:

Calling someone out for being Asian or Indian, having some prior knowledge of travel to a pandemic area, indicating wanting more knowledge of that travel before personal interaction.....

VS

Calling someone out for being a Mexican, having some  prior knowledge of them not voting (or supporting politics) the same way as you, for the purpose of calling them stupid...

Yup...sure sounds about the same 👍

PS: Are you SURE that you are the 🤡 one, who should be questioning someone else's reasoning ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

You pathetic fucking racist bitch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Your coronavirus denialism gets smashed to pieces.

What's your first move?

Call people racists.

😄

🤡

You do bring up a good point here...

Just WHAT EXACTLY do you see being "denied" ???

And hopefully you can answer without sounding like...

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Your coronavirus denialism gets smashed to pieces.

What's your first move?

Call people racists.

😄

🤡

Andy, wasn't that the go-to accusation when Trump enacted travel restrictions on China (that per medical experts have probably done much to contain the spread of coronavirus here)?

If anybody called Trump a racist for banning travel from China after the coronavirus become well-known then those people are morons.

Just like the people calling others racists for mocking their virus denialism.

I know it might be hard for someone with as little integrity as you to be honest and consistent but at least give it a shot.

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

If anybody called Trump a racist for banning travel from China after the coronavirus become well-known then those people are morons.

Decent post...

But one might say "moronic" to highlight after ....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I know it might be hard for someone with as little integrity as you to be honest and consistent but at least give it a shot.

So, Andy, is it fair to say you vehemently disapprove(d) of such criticism from imbeciles on your side of the aisle?

It was text-book leftist bullshit.

Attack the non-leftist with accusations of bigotry, whether fair or not.

Who is denying the virus, btw?

Trump started making big and impactful decisions weeks ago.  He's WAY ahead of where the last guy was vis a vis H1N1. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Even with all the mudslinging....you are still going to have to explain this...

You really want me to explain that on this board where there are probably a dozen or more threads about it being "hype", "overblown", "a hoax", etc?

The same people who called it those things are now the ones melting down.

17 minutes ago, The Guru said:

You really want me to explain that on this board where there are probably a dozen or more threads about it being "hype", "overblown", "a hoax", etc?

The same people who called it those things are now the ones melting down.

'Hype and overblown' are worlds apart from 'denial'....

Has anyone here ever called the virus a HOAX  ?

....or just some of the coverage of it ?

🤔

BTW: There's plenty of links showing both sides claiming disinformation coming from the other side..

(So there is 100% agreement that the coverage is to a certain degree... a hoax 🙄)

25 minutes ago, The Guru said:

You really want me to explain that ....

Yes, perhaps you should explain just exactly WHO or WHAT you are talking about...

When claiming your righteousness, for "mocking their virus denial"  🙄

(BTW: accusing  "this whole board" was a REALLY nice touch....does this include yourself?) 

• Haha 1