Trump isn't the only target

Belly Bob

36 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Yes. I have. You missed it apparently. And several others have posts the same thing. You just need to look. If you guys want to act like this is this is one big coincidence, be my guest. To each his own.

But my conspiracy theory aside, I am privy to more information about this than all of you. Maybe other than Bormio as a physician. . That’s why I’m not freaking out despite the media’s attempts to make me do so.  But by all means you guys keep trying to convince me otherwise ...oh and remember to keep freaking out and blaming The President for everything in the process. 👍

I'm not freaking out and I'm not blaming Trump. I'm concerned about the economy and am worried about those who might get sick in the big cities where access to hospital beds might be hard to come by.

I'm just having a hard time understanding your view that the media and the medical community are exaggerating the threat in order to undermine Trump, given that Trump himself has declared a national emergency and has said that "we're at war...fighting an invisible enemy."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

Again BB I have answered this. I am not sure who or why. I am just saying everything they are telling us does not add up. Three weeks ago they told us the mortality rate would increase big time. two weeks ago they said the mortality rate would skyrocket. So far that skyrocket projection has been less than 600 deaths.

[....]

I don't remember reading that the mortality rate would skyrocket but that the number of infected would skyrocket, putting pressure on hospitals. That doesn't seem too far off from the truth.  

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 2.06.55 PM.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm not freaking out and I'm not blaming Trump. I'm concerned about the economy and am worried about those who might get sick in the big cities where access to hospital beds might be hard to come by.

I'm just having a hard time understanding your view that the media and the medical community are exaggerating the threat in order to undermine Trump, given that Trump himself has declared a national emergency and has said that "we're at war...fighting an invisible enemy."

BB do you know anyone personally who has the Wuhan virus? Do you not find it odd that our country has basically shut down and the economy has tanked over less than 600 deaths?

None of this seems a little off to you? I figure either we are around the same age or I may be a little older. I figure you lived through the AIDS uproar as well as the H1N1. Both of those at the time were death sentences. Most of the people who catch the Wuhan flu will survive. During AIDS and H1N1 we never gave it a second thought to shut down the country. Yet less than 600 people die from this and most will recover and we do. Sorry man but it just doesn't add up. 

5 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I have NEVER once blamed Trump for what is going on right now.

I was responding to blueliner, who suggested people on here were blaming Trump for the virus ("keep freaking out and blaming The President"). As I said, not one person on here (which includes you) has blamed Trump for this virus. 

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

I don't remember reading that the mortality rate would skyrocket but that the number of infected would skyrocket, putting pressure on hospitals. That doesn't seem too far off from the truth.  

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 2.06.55 PM.png

It has been reported numerous times by the media that the mortality rate was going to skyrocket. I see that many people will get this but it is not a death sentance. over 22,000 people have died from the flu since Jan.less than 600 have died from the Wuhan flu.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thc6795 said:

BB do you know anyone personally who has the Wuhan virus? Do you not find it odd that our country has basically shut down and the economy has tanked over less than 600 deaths?

None of this seems a little off to you? I figure either we are around the same age or I may be a little older. I figure you lived through the AIDS uproar as well as the H1N1. Both of those at the time were death sentences. Most of the people who catch the Wuhan flu will survive. During AIDS and H1N1 we never gave it a second thought to shut down the country. Yet less than 600 people die from this and most will recover and we do. Sorry man but it just doesn't add up. 

I'm serious when I say that you might be the dumbest person that's ever posted here and that's saying a lot.

You were saying this same thing when 69 people were dead, 275 people were dead and less than 500 were dead.

You don't see the trend?

It's not going to be 600 dead. Use your imagination.

The H1N1 was not a death penalty. The fatality rate was .02% which is certainly much lower than COVID-19.

Basically everything you say is stupid or untrue.

5 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I was responding to blueliner, who suggested people on here were blaming Trump for the virus ("keep freaking out and blaming The President"). As I said, not one person on here (which includes you) has blamed Trump for this virus. 

The guy is next level dumb.

16 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I don't know anyone personally who has it, but I live in a corn town, and 3 days ago, a colleague of my wife was sent to the hospital, where he couldn't get tested for the virus. He tested negative for the flu and was sent home to self-quarantine.  

I don't know if I find it strange. I think it's unusual. It sounds like there are important differences between AIDS, H1N1, and this virus. This virus, according to the reports, is extremely contagious, which makes it a nightmare for hospitals to treat without proper equipment. There was a report from Italy last week that 6 of 11 doctors at one hospital tested positive for the virus. 

No one disputes that most people who get it will survive. But if 70 percent of the pop gets it and 2 percent of those die, that's quite a loss of life, especially when we might be able to change those numbers significantly by staying home. 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I don't know anyone personally who has it, but I live in a corn town, and 3 days ago, a colleague of my wife was to the hospital, where he couldn't get tested for the virus. He tested negative for the flu and was sent home to self-quarantine.  

I don't know if I find it strange. I think it's unusual. It sounds like there are important differences between AIDS, H1N1, and this virus. This virus, according to the reports, is extremely contagious, which makes it a nightmare for hospitals to treat without proper equipment. There was a report from Italy last week that 6 of 11 doctors at one hospital tested positive for the virus. 

No one disputes that most people who get it will survive. But if 70 percent of the pop gets it and 2 percent of those die, that's quite a loss of life, especially when we might be able to change those numbers significantly by staying home. 

Or, you can come down to Moultrie and go to the Waffle House out on 319/Veterans Parkway, sit down and rub elbows with your neighbors and casual passersby that you may not know at all, and eat you some good good. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I don't know anyone personally who has it, but I live in a corn town, and 3 days ago, a colleague of my wife was to the hospital, where he couldn't get tested for the virus. He tested negative for the flu and was sent home to self-quarantine.  

But it is nowhere close to 2%. Hospitals and grocery stores are over crowed and empty due to media hysteria IMO. 

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

But it is nowhere close to 2%. Hospitals and grocery stores are over crowed and empty due to media hysteria IMO. 

But we don't really know yet, do we? That's part of the issue: we want to appeal to some principle of precaution, given that we don't really know much about this thing. Earlier this month, the WHO reported that the mortality rate was 3.4 percent, based on the evidence that they had at the time. Our best judgments about the mortality rate will change in light of new evidence, which is changing every day.

What's more, we know that the mortality rate will depend in part on whether hospitals will be able to treat those who become critically ill. So, we can influence the mortality rate. 

The flu we understand. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I too am concerned about the relatively few people that sadly will be critically affected by this virus. I am equally, if not more, concerned about the millions upon millions more that will be affected by the “solution” of eradicating this virus. If this continues we will be done economically which will lead to Great Depression type concerns...over (at this point) less than 600 deaths. This doesn’t jive, BB. 

This isn’t rocket science. The irresponsible, excessive, unethical, scare tactic, manner of which the media is reporting is being used to bludgeon Trump’s economy. Said shitty reporting has extremely influenced the medical community as a whole. I’ve never seen anything like this and I’ve been doing what I do for a long time. Of course we’re going error on the side of caution. This is not unexpected given the fact that the media will destroy any talking head medical professional for not doing so. This isn’t any secret. And from purely medical perspective, I’m not saying being cautious isn’t the right thing to do. But either way, all of this is FORCING the President to take drastic action that he likely otherwise would not be on board with. But as we know, it’s all about appearance sometimes. He’s not afraid of the media pukes, but he respects their power over the sheep. He is already hinting that, barring a major increase in deaths, we are doing to get back to business pretty soon. And people will have to begin to take responsibility for their health again. He is the only person that I trust through all of this. I listen to what comes out of his mouth. I couldn’t care less what any jackass in the media says. 

2 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

If this continues we will be done economically which will lead to Great Depression type concerns...over (at this point) less than 600 deaths. This doesn’t jive, BB. 

It can't be stressed enough how dumb this is.

If you don't shut things down before 600 deaths then the social interaction will guarantee exponentially more deaths.

You can't have flunked out of school, I guess, to understand this.

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

It has been reported numerous times by the media that the mortality rate was going to skyrocket. I see that many people will get this but it is not a death sentance. over 22,000 people have died from the flu since Jan.less than 600 have died from the Wuhan flu.

No shitty media outlet will talk about about the <1% mortality rate. It’s just cases, cases, cases. And since the media pretty much has falsely and irresponsibly ensured the public that simply getting the Chinese virus is a death sentence, the sheep equate catching a case as you’re dead. So it’s all about cases until people actually start dying by the thousands...which isn’t going happen. “Cases” are what sells the fear and subsequent hysteria. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

No shitty media outlet will talk about about the >1% mortality rate. It’s just cases, cases, cases. And since the media pretty much has falsely and irresponsibly ensured the public that simply getting the Chinese virus is a death sentence, the sheep equate catching a case as you’re dead. So it’s all about cases until people actually start dying by the thousands...which isn’t going happen. “Cases” are what sells the fear and subsequent hysteria. 

The numbers change as the situation changes.  I have never heard from the media that it was a death sentence, not once.  I have heard that if one has underlying health conditions, the chance of death increases dramatically.  Makes sense to me but I'm not a sheep and I don't personally know any sheep.  I do know gullible people though.

People might die in the thousands if Trump convinces people to go about their business as usual.  Extremely bad advice and doing the job you do you should understand that.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

The irresponsible, excessive, unethical, scare tactic, manner of which the media is reporting is being used to bludgeon Trump’s economy. Said shitty reporting has extremely influenced the medical community as a whole. I’ve never seen anything like this and I’ve been doing what I do for a long time. Of course we’re going error on the side of caution. This is not unexpected given the fact that the media will destroy any talking head medical professional for not doing so. This isn’t any secret. And from purely medical perspective, I’m not saying being cautious isn’t the right thing to do. But either way, all of this is FORCING the President to take drastic action that he likely otherwise would not be on board with. But as we know, it’s all about appearance sometimes. He’s not afraid of the media pukes, but he respects their power over the sheep. He is already hinting that, barring a major increase in deaths, we are doing to get back to business pretty soon. And people will have to begin to take responsibility for their health again. He is the only person that I trust through all of this. I listen to what comes out of his mouth. I couldn’t care less what any jackass in the media says. 

You just don't get it.

You keep saying that the media is ruining "Trump's economy". You must be talking about the worldwide media, right? All the reporting of events in Europe and Asia is an attempt to undermine Trump too, right?

Well, there is a guy on a high school soccer forum in Brazil saying the media there is reporting on this to purposely ruin the reputation of their president. So, is the media around the world reporting on this to get Trump or the Brazilian guy?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

You just don't get it.

You keep saying that the media is ruining "Trump's economy". You must be talking about the worldwide media, right? All the reporting of events in Europe and Asia is an attempt to undermine Trump too, right?

Well, there is a guy on a high school soccer forum in Brazil saying the media there is reporting on this to purposely ruin the reputation of their president. So, is the media around the world reporting on this to get Trump or the Brazilian guy?

There out to get anybody who is fighting for the people.  The real Americans who love this country.  

How did I do?  I've been practicing.  Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

You just don't get it.

I get it just fine, max.  But please by all means. Keep trying to convince me otherwise 👍