Trump isn't the only target

Belly Bob

8 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

@Belly Bob

I can't decide who is more in their element right now:   Philosophy professors because it's trolley car problems all the way down, or English professors who assign The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas...

For no particular reason whatsoever, here's a video of how a 2 year old solves the trolley problem...

Too much?  😉

The kid has comedic timing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

as testing is finally online and ramping up, the numbers are probably gonna skyrocket. 

Recent testing in NJ had numbers around 88% showing positive....alot depends on just 'who' and 'how many' you test....

It's safe to say the 'reported numbers' are meaningless to argue over...

I think the 'overall numbers' will skyrocket too....but would also expect the %'s (positives and deaths) to fall inversely as a result...

7 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I believe China is flat out lying.  I’ve seen too many photos of their sick all around and dead lying in the streets to think it wasn’t a complete disaster there.  

Heard whispers of a 'couple million' cell phones being 'offline' in China where basically every citizen is 'required' to have one...

If that's got anything to do with the virus, and not the internet etc., It would be the first remotely reasonable validation I've seen, for shutting down the entire World's economies...

I agree with you on China 😁 lol

7 minutes ago, Troll said:

Recent testing in NJ had numbers around 88% showing positive....alot depends on just 'who' and 'how many' you test....

It's safe to say the 'reported numbers' are meaningless to argue over...

I think the 'overall numbers' will skyrocket too....but would also expect the %'s (positives and deaths) to fall inversely as a result...

Heard whispers of a 'couple million' cell phones being 'offline' in China where basically every citizen is 'required' to have one...

If that's got anything to do with the virus, and not the internet etc., It would be the first remotely reasonable validation I've seen, for shutting down the entire World's economies...

I agree with you on China 😁 lol

If we were testing on a level that we should have been testing if we were going to control the spread of this thing, and understand where to deploy resources, we would know that the current number of actual infected people is probably over 200k today. The spread was on over two weeks ago.

We are waiting until people are showing symptoms, and also making them show connections before testing them at all. We already know that it takes between 3 to 10 days for the host to show symptoms. How intelligent is that? We let them run around extremely infectious for 3 to 10 days sharing the love. We have no choice but to do that, because we were grossly unprepared in spite of numerous warnings from experts for a couple of years already. 

Our system is going to overload. It's based on being able to rely on neighboring communities and states to offer hospital beds and assistance, ie. a hurricane that overwhelms local systems, but, what to do when it's a nationwide storm? 

I like everyone being hopeful and all, but, I figure most hope in the near term(say 3 weeks or so) is disconnected from the reality. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We are waiting until people are showing symptoms, and also making them show connections before testing them at all.

That appears to be a lack of science, more than a lack of political will...

..and the biggest problem with any of these reported numbers resembling reality...

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

How intelligent is that? We let them run around extremely infectious for 3 to 10 days sharing the love. We have no choice but to do that, because we were grossly unprepared in spite of numerous warnings from experts for a couple of years already.

It's plenty intelligent if that is your 'only option' like you describe...

Who's "WE"...?

and the gov said to stay home (and ordered businesses closed).... not run around...  🙄

Playing the 'blame game' with bogus numbers, is an exercise in bullshiat tossing...

1 minute ago, Troll said:

That appears to be a lack of science, than a lack of political will...

..and the biggest problem with any of these reported numbers resembling reality...

It's plenty intelligent if that is your 'only option' like you describe...

who's "WE"...?

and the gov said to stay home (and ordered businesses closed).... not run around...  🙄

Playing the 'blame game' with bogus numbers, is an exercise in bullshiat tossing...

We is us. Who the hell do you think we is? We are all in this shit together.

I can't tell that the government did any such thing. They suggested it, after a whole lot of nonsense beforehand, and a great number of people don't take suggestions very well. 

As far as bogus numbers, you are entirely correct. We have no idea the numbers really, which was my point to begin with, and has been for weeks already. Someone is to blame for that. Probably "we" because we get the government we deserve. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Who would get the credit for THAT win then ??? 🤔

Should the media take a bow? 🤣

We. Because so many of us made a collective effort to stay home and not eat at the Waffle House in Moultrie during the spread of a pandemic. 

I suspect the number will be higher than 2.5% if the numbers keep climbing with hospitals already at critical mass. 

• Like 1

I'll damn sure play the blame game because I know this administration was warned on Jan. 24th and they made no moves to start streamlining creating tests or who would be tested and how. 

They had a month for sure that they pussy footed around and downplayed. They deserve to be blamed for being moronic during that time. This is what happens when we get a science denier in office. They actually had longer because we all knew about this thing since December. I'm a dumb ass south Georgian and I knew we were in trouble as soon as Italy said they didn't know who patient zero was. We're too busy with Space Force. xD

Why don't we hear from the CDC anymore? You know, in the daily bullshit briefings we get... Where is a CDC expert like in every other health emergency we've ever had? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Maybe Sammy can tier the pandemics,plagues,flus and viruses .. That would be interesting.. I am thinking China Virus is still tier 5 maybe 4..

It'll be higher tier than that before it's over. It has potential. If our defensive coordinator can't get control of his defense, it's gonna score a lot on us. 

• Haha 1