Trump isn't the only target

Belly Bob

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I don't know anyone personally who has it, but I live in a corn town, and 3 days ago, a colleague of my wife was sent to the hospital, where he couldn't get tested for the virus. He tested negative for the flu and was sent home to self-quarantine.  

@Belly Bob

I currently know 3 people in this situation -- exhibit symptoms but can't get tested.  It is a consequence of the original sin of inadequate testing.  Your friends, like all good citizens, will remain quarantined for 14 days, and yet, at the end, when they are presumably (hopefully) better, they still won't know if they had it, didn't have it, got lucky with a mild case or had another respiratory illness etc.. Bottom line is, they still won't know if they are immune, so they will be in the same boat as before, adhering to social distancing, needing to shelter, not going to the office...  A growing number of people, like your friends, will have had Schrodingers virus, until they are tested, they both had and didn't have the COVID-19 at the same time.  

I am aware of serology tests being developed to detect COVID-19 antibodies in people who have already had it. There is unfortunately no reason to believe the administration is really thinking about or driving this.  IMPOTUS appears more worried about rattling the CEO class than he is concerned with doing what’s in his power to minimize the toll this calamity is taking on regular people. 

Not having enough testing is already hurting families, public health, the economy, and the very prospect of phasing out the crisis. Unless we know who was sick we’ll continue to waste our latent capacity, and we’ll lack the awareness we’ll need to know when we’ve reached herd immunity.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

You just don't get it.

You keep saying that the media is ruining "Trump's economy". You must be talking about the worldwide media, right? All the reporting of events in Europe and Asia is an attempt to undermine Trump too, right?

Well, there is a guy on a high school soccer forum in Brazil saying the media there is reporting on this to purposely ruin the reputation of their president. So, is the media around the world reporting on this to get Trump or the Brazilian guy?

Don't you know George Soros funds all media outlets in the world? And, it's all to promote a commy, homosexual agenda. Duh.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

@Belly Bob

I currently know 3 people in this situation -- exhibit symptoms but can't get tested.  It is a consequence of the original sin of inadequate testing.  Your friends, like all good citizens, will remain quarantined for 14 days, and yet, at the end, when they are presumably (hopefully) better, they still won't know if they had it, didn't have it, got lucky with a mild case or had another respiratory illness etc.. Bottom line is, they still won't know if they are immune, so they will be in the same boat as before, adhering to social distancing, needing to shelter, not going to the office...  A growing number of people, like your friends, had Schrodingers virus, until they are tested, they both had and didn't have the COVID-19 at the same time.  

I am aware of serology tests being developed to detect COVID-19 antibodies in people who have already had it. There is unfortunately no reason to believe the administration is really thinking about or driving this.  IMPOTUS appears more worried about rattling the CEO class than he is concerned with doing what’s in his power to minimize the toll this calamity is taking on regular people. 

Not having enough testing is already hurting families, public health, the economy, and the very prospect of phasing out the crisis. Unless we know who was sick we’ll continue to waste our latent capacity, and we’ll lack the awareness we’ll need to know when we’ve reached herd immunity.

Then we have people wanting to cast blame on China for apparently not being totally forthcoming about their numbers, but, I remember hearing the epidemiologists and science community banging on pans for months. 

We can't ignore the science community, and then cast blame on China. We should have listened to the science community and started developing tests earlier, and we wouldn't be end of March with testing just now starting to get rolling well enough to get any numbers at all. Georgia still can't complete the number of tests they actually get samples for each day. 

We'll probably never have a really accurate number, which, I think must be what they want. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Don't you know George Soros funds all media outlets in the world? And, it's all to promote a commy, homosexual agenda. Duh.

I'm surprised that I haven't seen ole George's name thrown out yet.

They've covered all the other bases, already:

• Planned Parenthood
  • The Postal Service
  • The Green New Deal
  • Haha 1

Trump’s Handling of Coronavirus Approved by 60% in Gallup Poll

By 
March 24, 2020, 5:05 PM EDT
  •  
    President matches all time high of 49% for overall approval
  •  
    Democrats, independents rally to president amid viral outbreak

Some six in 10 Americans approve of the job Donald Trump is doing to combat the coronavirus crisis, pushing the president’s approval rating – 49% - to the highest of his presidency, according to a poll released Tuesday by Gallup.

Trump’s gains come as his standing has improved among Democrats and independents amid the viral outbreak,

46 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Then we have people wanting to cast blame on China for apparently not being totally forthcoming about their numbers, but, I remember hearing the epidemiologists and science community banging on pans for months. 

We can't ignore the science community, and then cast blame on China. We should have listened to the science community and started developing tests earlier, and we wouldn't be end of March with testing just now starting to get rolling well enough to get any numbers at all. Georgia still can't complete the number of tests they actually get samples for each day. 

We'll probably never have a really accurate number, which, I think must be what they want. 

Of course, DJT wants us back at work in a few weeks and our infection rate will magically flatline, making everyone feel this was overblown and DJT was right all along. #winning!

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Of course, DJT wants us back at work in a few weeks and our infection rate will magically flatline, making everyone feel this was overblown and DJT was right all along. #winning!

Well, I want us back to work asap too, but, yeah. Realistically, I'm trying to see how that would work. 

China being a communist country was able to shut their stuff down totally, fly drones around to make sure there was no movement and that type stuff. It took them a few months even with all of that. 

Italy as another example are basically still on lock down with virtually no movement. Still waiting to see how long it takes for them, but clearly their death toll is bad. 

Here... Hodge podge of waiting until we know someone with it or seeing quite a few cases before people finally start standing a little further apart and still going about business as usual until finally municipalities place curfews and suspend liquor by the drink licenses. And the leader says a couple more weeks is all. 

We'll see. I hope he's right about that, but, looking at the other responses compared to our own, and how long it took, I'm not confident at all with the time frame. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Probably needs an adjustment for population size, but not looking good so far...

Hell, a lot of people still aren't taking it seriously. Like I said earlier, there was a dining room full of people at Waffle House in Moultrie at lunch today. Today. 

I'd expect the numbers and that charted line to stay on the same trajectory it's on for the foreseeable future really. 

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Got a meeting tomorrow, let's see if the ten person 6' rule is enforced per Governor Kemp's edict.

Follow the rules, folks are entitled to their feelings but don't punish others.

I see where politics are lording over common sense here, it's stupid.

BGW

@HawgGoneIt

I can only do my best to not give it to my neighbors and the other people I come into contact with. I keep a distance of 3 to 6 feet at all times until this morning. I had to go to the doctor's office for refills (they wouldn't do it over the phone 🙄during a pandemic no less, even though I offered to pay for a visit anyway). Of course they are more scared than me in there. Lol. 

The nurses are eyeballing you before you're even allowed in, then it gets a little weird in the back. Haha. The lady taking my bp and temp kept a 3 foot halo with her face but of course had to interact with me. After my temp came normal then she lightened up a little, but when she left the room I could hear the P.A. asking who was in the rooms and she was freaking a little. The nurse explained there was nobody sick in the building but, ol' girl wasn't having it. She was scared and way more careful than the nurse had been. 

She stood at the door and said, "Well, you look good. You don't look pale or sick. How you feeling? And etc." Before finally coming in and checking my breathing and the normal stuff. 

When the doctor's assistant is that wigged out, I start feeling a little nervous myself. Hahaha. 

Abundance of caution my friend. Take as good of care of your own self and your personal space as you can. You are blessed to some extent that most people have to get on a step ladder to get within 6ft of your face anyway, but, still be careful. I see that it's pretty rampant there, and the official numbers are light compared to what is really going on I think. 

Anyway, all we can do is the best we can do for ourselves without someone forcing everyone to do something. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I can only do my best to not give it to my neighbors and the other people I come into contact with. I keep a distance of 3 to 6 feet at all times until this morning. I had to go to the doctor's office for refills (they wouldn't do it over the phone 🙄during a pandemic no less, even though I offered to pay for a visit anyway). Of course they are more scared than me in there. Lol. 

The nurses are eyeballing you before you're even allowed in, then it gets a little weird in the back. Haha. The lady taking my bp and temp kept a 3 foot halo with her face but of course had to interact with me. After my temp came normal then she lightened up a little, but when she left the room I could hear the P.A. asking who was in the rooms and she was freaking a little. The nurse explained there was nobody sick in the building but, ol' girl wasn't having it. She was scared and way more careful than the nurse had been. 

She stood at the door and said, "Well, you look good. You don't look pale or sick. How you feeling? And etc." Before finally coming in and checking my breathing and the normal stuff. 

When the doctor's assistant is that wigged out, I start feeling a little nervous myself. Hahaha. 

Abundance of caution my friend. Take as good of care of your own self and your personal space as you can. You are blessed to some extent that most people have to get on a step ladder to get within 6ft of your face anyway, but, still be careful. I see that it's pretty rampant there, and the official numbers are light compared to what is really going on I think. 

Anyway, all we can do is the best we can do for ourselves without someone forcing everyone to do something. 

Thanks Hawg, unprecedented for our lifetime for sure. 

Be safe and healthy. 

BGW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hell, a lot of people still aren't taking it seriously. Like I said earlier, there was a dining room full of people at Waffle House in Moultrie at lunch today. Today. 

I'd expect the numbers and that charted line to stay on the same trajectory it's on for the foreseeable future really. 

Well...not really sure what to say other than a lot of mixed messages...This was just a month ago today:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, noonereal said:

sadly, I know someone who had it. A buddy who was a fraternity brother of mine. 

fuck, I am bummed.

Within days there is a good chance most of us will know someone. Outside of people in the most rural areas that haven't travelled out to any hubs anyway. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

@Belly Bob

I currently know 3 people in this situation -- exhibit symptoms but can't get tested.  It is a consequence of the original sin of inadequate testing.  Your friends, like all good citizens, will remain quarantined for 14 days, and yet, at the end, when they are presumably (hopefully) better, they still won't know if they had it, didn't have it, got lucky with a mild case or had another respiratory illness etc.. Bottom line is, they still won't know if they are immune, so they will be in the same boat as before, adhering to social distancing, needing to shelter, not going to the office...  A growing number of people, like your friends, will have had Schrodingers virus, until they are tested, they both had and didn't have the COVID-19 at the same time.  

I agree with you, and I wish we had more tests available, but I also understand the concern over the economy and the desire to send Americans back to work. 

Trump has a tough job to do.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I agree with you, and I wish we had more tests available, but I also understand the concern over the economy and the desire to send Americans back to work. 

I do too.  What I would say is we need testing in order to make data driven decisions.  Otherwise, without data to understand who/when/where the risk is, sending everybody back to work on a random day like Easter, runs the risk of being the worst of both worlds -- Overrunning the health care system and tanking the economy.

It was the second round of the Spanish flu that was the more deadly one...

• Like 1