Who here still thinks Covid-19 is not a big deal?

noonereal

Just now, thc6795 said:

Thank god he is not trying to impress you nor. He wont ever do a damn thing right in your eyes.

I love Trump's showmanship, his  brand building abilities. I admire that he is a master of mass psychology and genius in self promotion.  

But, I require someone of ethics, morals and relative honestly in order to support them. 

Last Monday and Tuesday he put on his big boy pants and I applauded him... I rooted for him. I'd love to have a valid reason to jump on his train. I TRIED to be a Trumpet. I was unable to abandon my principles however. No matter how much I wanted to. I guess we get set in our ways. 

As he has no principles of his own, except "himself", I often wish he had run as a DEmocrat or republican centrist, so I could support him. 

11 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

You do realize that H1N1 goes back to 1918? 

You do realize that when people refer to H1N1 on this forum, they're talking about the 2009-10 outbreak? Not the Spanish Flu from 1918.

No, of course you don't.

H1N1 had a fatality rate of .02% which is less fatal than the normal flu. It had only infected about 27,000 Americans at this point in 2009. It had only killed 4,000 Americans by November.

It was far less infectious and deadly than COVID-19 will be.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

and they stopped when it was understood how serious this was but TRumnp did not. 

They stopped in March man. Trump stopped early feb. WTF are you talking about?  Your Director of Health and Coumo were urging New Yorkers to attend the Chinese New Yr. Come on Nor.

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

They stopped in March man. Trump stopped early feb. WTF are you talking about?  Your Director of Health and Coumo were urging New Yorkers to attend the Chinese New Yr. Come on Nor.

Trump changes his mind daily!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hoax" came after "it's OK to go to China Town." 

8 minutes ago, The Guru said:

You do realize that when people refer to H1N1 on this forum, they're talking about the 2009-10 outbreak? Not the Spanish Flu from 1918.

No, of course you don't.

H1N1 had a fatality rate of .02% which is less fatal than the normal flu. It had only infected about 27,000 Americans at this point in 2009. It had only killed 4,000 Americans by November.

It was far less infectious and deadly than COVID-19 will be.

How and why are people comparing this to a flu? 

That is a logical fallacy from the start. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I am in NY, I am not a liar. I saw it I know what happened when. 

Offer citations  that support your assertion  and I will say, "wow, I was wrong. Memory is a funny thing." 

Feb 2 Commissioner of health urges people to attend the parade

Feb 2 Jon Lue says trump lying ok to attend the parade

Feb 2 Senator Brian  Kavanagh urges people to continue with everyday life, Trump spreading misinformation

Mar 2 Twitter from Mayor  De Blasio

Since I'm encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives + get out on the town despite Coronavirus. I thought I would offer some suggestions. Here's the first: thur 3/5 go see "The Traitor" @Filminc. If "The Wire" was a true story + set in Italy, it would be this film.

March 11th De Blasio "If you’re not sick, you need to carry on with your everyday life.

March frigging 11th Nor

19 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Additionally, I find you respective levels of vitriol hate, intellectual dishonesty, and disingenuousness appalling.

😄

22 hours ago, Blueliner said:

This bug is going to ultimately have a lower infection numbers and mortality rate than the H1N1.

On 7/15/2017 at 2:49 PM, Blueliner said:

I personally like the 61% drop in border apprehensions. Time will certainly tell how that affects our social service, education, and health systems.

On 7/16/2017 at 1:17 AM, Blueliner said:

Border APPREHENSIONS are up 61% since November. All's I know is I don't see 100 Mexicans out in front of the Home Depot anymore. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

March frigging 11th Nor

Trump didn't announce social distancing guidelines until March 17th.

On March 11th there were still NBA games being played. Nothing had been canceled to that point.

After March 12th, it seems that nobody except Trump and his sycophants have called for an end to social distancing. 

• Thumbs Down 1