Who here still thinks Covid-19 is not a big deal?

noonereal

3 hours ago, DBP66 said:

the "flying Dutchgirl" has her panties in a bunch today??...LOL...Trump molests women...ask his first wife and the other 20 or so who said he did...and did the "world" happen to hear Donny's Access Hollywood tape??...😲

Yep the the USA elected him.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Really?

You know she is being sued by OAN for slander right?

You should really read the response she submitted to the court 🤣.

According to her, 'literally' means you are NOT supposed to take it 'literally'...🤣 so no need for a retraction or apology.

Yea....like that's gonna work 😆

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, The Guru said:

There's a simple explanation for why idiots like thc6795 think it's overblown.

He reads the numbers from H1N1 and the regular flu season and concludes that this is all a media-driven hoax to hurt Trump.

But what he doesn't understand is that those numbers are estimates conducted after the outbreak was already over.

In real-time, this virus is an order of magnitude worse than H1N1. By the end of June 2009, H1N1 only had 27,000 confirmed cases in the United States. By November of that year, H1N1 only had 4,000 confirmed deaths.

If you don't think this is going to end up worse than H1N1 then you're just not paying attention.

You do realize that H1N1 goes back to 1918? 

1918 Pandemic (H1N1 virus)

It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.

You probably don't want to read the text in the following link.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

39 minutes ago, Troll said:

You know she is being sued by OAN for slander right?

You should really read the response she submitted to the court 🤣.

According to her, 'literally' means you are NOT supposed to take it 'literally'...🤣 so no need for a retraction or apology.

Yea....like that's gonna work 😆

I don't know anything about this story, but the word "literally" has taken on the meaning of "not literally" in contemporary American English, which is annoying.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 9.54.45 PM.png

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hey my friend... I happened by a place that makes mead, in one of the smallest towns in my area. Too bad I hadn't found it before all of this stuff so that I could try it by the drink instead of having to buy entire bottles. 

I guess I'll be posting about them on the drink thread as I try them. How do you take yours? Do you make braggots? Just mead in a cup/goblet? Chilled or over ice? 

I had to google "braggot." Sounds good. 

I drink mine chilled. I never really thought about it, to be honest. When I get a bottle, which isn't that often, I stick it in the fridge. When I'm thirsty, I pour myself a glass. I don't get real fancy with my glasses. I use a highball or an old fashioned for wine, whisky, and mead.

I've got a real cow horn if I want to feel like a viking (I don't use it, but it was a gift, and I like knowing it's there) and I've got a goblet (same story as the horn) and a stein or two, which I sometimes use for beer, but not often. 

Now you know pretty much everything there is to know about me. 

Let me know if you figure out a better way to drink. It's my favorite pastime. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I don't know anything about this story, but the word "literally" has taken on the meaning of "not literally" in contemporary American English, which is annoying.

: with exact equivalence : with the meaning of each individual word given exactlyThe term "Mardi Gras" literally means "Fat Tuesday" in French.

1 minute ago, Cat_Scratch said:

: with exact equivalence : with the meaning of each individual word given exactlyThe term "Mardi Gras" literally means "Fat Tuesday" in French.

I know, but "I literally died of embarrassment" and "I was so scared that I literally jumped out of my skin" and so on. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Yes that's the same 'dictionary' quote from her reply....I still think it's a hard sell....

probably just like my sarcasm would not hold much weight in the court if I presented it to the public as "actual and factual news"...

but I guess it does depend on which dictionary you use.......

🤷‍♂️

PS...Dictionary google constantly changes with the 'news'...

FYI: If you wanted the whole story from a legal perspective it sounds something like this...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Well then, maybe this China virus thing is over-hyped after all, huh?

Your comment doesn’t change the statistics; over 160K infected, 3K dead with a ~2% mortality rate, all within 2 months, and that’s with us practicing social distancing, shelter in place, etc. 

• Thanks 1