The Stock Market

DarterBlue

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Yay or Nay 

@DarterBlue

77304C89-AFB9-4295-ACCA-D5A0C5CDAA34.png

As a trade, I would not buy it, as I think they are much stronger, higher potential trades to be had. As an investment, it is hard to say. They are the largest player in the commercial property market, specifically, malls. If you think these have a solid future, then you are probably getting relatively cheap merchandise. If you think we are headed for an Amazon world, then its future is probably not that good. 

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

As a trade, I would not buy it, as I think they are much stronger, higher potential trades to be had. As an investment, it is hard to say. They are the largest player in the commercial property market, specifically, malls. If you think these have a solid future, then you are probably getting relatively cheap merchandise. If you think we are headed for an Amazon world, then its future is probably not that good. 

NY has ruled no mall openings in phase 4

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I believe both as it came from cuomo 

NY big businesses will probably never reopen as emporer cuomo doesn't seem to like businsees

Ny is ranked 50th in business culture 

If New York is ranked so bad, why is it still the mecca of big business, specifically, big finance?

15 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If New York is ranked so bad, why is it still the mecca of big business, specifically, big finance?

Wall Street. Big finance wants to be near Wall Street. 

Companies have left and will continue to leave.

If u go north of lets say Albany there is nothing.if it wasn't for the college towns it would be even worse and its bad now. 

But now with the coronavirus more people are moving out of the city. Businesses will sell their commercial real estate and people will work more from home bringing in less tax dollars and such to NYC. 

But that's the statistic. Ny is ranked dead less in businsses appeal. Way too high of taxes. Real estate cost out of control. Travel expenses are insane esp if ur coming from the suburbs.

Makes no sense to be here. Esp now u can trade from your cell phone all day 

Hold on im sorry I wanna be accurate ny is 49th

Nj is 50

https://taxfoundation.org/publications/state-business-tax-climate-index/

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

millions of people are leaving. Schools are closing because there are no kids in them 

Young people like myself know there are significantly better states with a lot less headaches 

All places have problems, though. And there are nice things I miss in NY. Lot's of entertainment choices, and cultural things you can't get in most of the country, authentic Italian food. But the cost and the hassle became too much for me. 

@DarterBlue

Facebook has basically invited people to leave silicon Valley by telling people u can work from home. Oh and if you leave the area well pay you the going rate for that area. So im sure california really wants to hear that with their billions in debt. Also tesla is moving to Texas where they will get a 84 million dollar tax break 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

All places have problems, though. And there are nice things I miss in NY. Lot's of entertainment choices, and cultural things you can't get in most of the country, authentic Italian food. But the cost and the hassle became too much for me. 

You cant beat the food but that isn't enough to keep anyone here. 

I live 30 min from NYC I never go there. I dont use anything around me. 

So it doesn't make sense for me to pay to have whatever when I dont use any of it 

42 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Hold on im sorry I wanna be accurate ny is 49th

Nj is 50

https://taxfoundation.org/publications/state-business-tax-climate-index/

Why am I not surprised? 🙄

Unless I win the lottery, it's pure financial stupidity to retire and stay here....

Home "owners" pay more in just home taxes than a normal rent...

This for the right to be the only  'responsible party'...

... with your name on the 'rented mailbox'.

• Like 1

Just now, Troll said:

Why am I not surprised? 🙄

Unless I win the lottery, it's pure financial stupidity to retire and stay here....

Home "owners" pay more in just home taxes than a normal rent...

This for the right to be the only  'responsible party'...... with your name on the 'rented mailbox'.

Exactly 

Bona Fide Negative Day: As I type this late morning, stocks are having a bona fide negative day. The NASDAQ, if it cannot rally mightily before the close, will have failed to hold above 10,000 for the second week in a row. All indices are broadly lower and at day lows, losing stocks are swamping advancing stocks by margins in excess of 7-1 on both exchanges. 

What does this mean? Well, it is always possible this bull market may have ended in its infancy. More likely, though, it is in the process of getting its first severe test. Unless Covid-19 continues its current negative trend and explodes out of control, I expect the market will pass this test, and resume its uptrend within the next week or two.

However, as a technical trader, my opinion is apt to change and could easily do so as more cards come out of the deck in the ensuing days. 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Bona Fide Negative Day: As I type this late morning, stocks are having a bona fide negative day. The NASDAQ, if it cannot rally mightily before the close, will have failed to hold above 10,000 for the second week in a row. All indices are broadly lower and at day lows, losing stocks are swamping advancing stocks by margins in excess of 7-1 on both exchanges. 

What does this mean? Well, it is always possible this bull market may have ended in its infancy. More likely, though, it is in the process of getting its first severe test. Unless Covid-19 continues its current negative trend and explodes out of control, I expect the market will pass this test, and resume its uptrend within the next week or two.

However, as a technical trader, my opinion is apt to change and could easily do so as more cards come out of the deck in the ensuing days. 

or its a bunch of day traders taking their profits dumping it down to nothing rebuying to make the next millions 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

or its a bunch of day traders taking their profits dumping it down to nothing rebuying to make the next millions 

No, this is not the activity of "day traders." This is large institutional money at work. Now some of it may be employed in day trading strategies. But I can assure you, it is not the millennial crowd moving the market today.  

• Like 1

No, this is not the activity of "day traders." This is large institutional money at work. Now some of it may be employed in day trading strategies. But I can assure you, it is not the millennial crowd moving the market today.  

Oh ok thanks. I know they were saying the robinhood crowd was moving the market for a while 

I guess what I should have said was day trading strategies like u pointed out 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Oh ok thanks. I know they were saying the robinhood crowd was moving the market for a while 

I guess what I should have said was day trading strategies like u pointed out 

When markets sell off on huge volume, it is usually hedge fund money or the money of large institutions like Black Rock, or Fidelity or the like at work. Selloffs in average or below average volume may by at least partially influenced by the smaller day traders. But individually and collectively they don't have enough resources to give us action like today's. 

The problem with large institutions is that they are "The Market." So, when they turn negative, they have huge influence on price due to the massive amount of stocks they hold. This is what usually causes bear markets. Big money all trying to exit at the same time. 

When markets sell off on huge volume, it is usually hedge fund money or the money of large institutions like Black Rock, or Fidelity or the like at work. Selloffs in average or below average volume may by at least partially influenced by the smaller day traders. But individually and collectively they don't have enough resources to give us action like today's. 

The problem with large institutions is that they are "The Market." So, when they turn negative, they have huge influence on price due to the massive amount of stocks they hold. This is what usually causes bear markets. Big money all trying to exit at the same time. 

I did see any article that said billions of dollars in sell offs is coming 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

If quality services are being provided in exchange for the high taxes, I can live with that. If not, then it makes a place unlivable.