The Stock Market

DarterBlue

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Anyone ever hear of this?

76DC0D33-C592-453C-AECD-2838CE85208B.png

No, I never have. When you short a stock your broker "borrows" those shares usually, but not always, from another client of the firm (it is also possible that your broker may own the position and lends you the stock to short from its own inventory). But the client who has his/her shares borrowed is never made aware that these have been lent out and is not compensated with interest for providing the service. 

Webull, if legitimate, may be seeking hard to short shares and is willing to pay up for that benefit. So, it may serve as a source of income for investors (I would never recommend traders participate as you may not be able to sell your position when you get a sell signal if you have lent it out). However, before even considering participation, it is buyer (in this case lender) beware. I would do a thorough investigation into the integrity of Webull before I ever considered doing this. Other wise, lent stock could end up being gifted stock, voluntarily or not. 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

No, I never have. When you short a stock your broker "borrows" those shares usually, but not always, from another client of the firm (it is also possible that your broker may own the position and lends you the stock to short from its own inventory). But the client who has his/her shares borrowed is never made aware that these have been lent out and is not compensated with interest for providing the service. 

Webull, if legitimate, may be seeking hard to short shares and is willing to pay up for that benefit. So, it may serve as a source of income for investors (I would never recommend traders participate as you may not be able to sell your position when you get a sell signal if you have lent it out). However, before even considering participation, it is buyer (in this case lender) beware. I would do a thorough investigation into the integrity of Webull before I ever considered doing this. Other wise, lent stock could end up being gifted stock, voluntarily or not. 

To sketchy for me, if I had $500,000 in shares , ya sure fuckit I’d try loaning some stocks , but I need all my capital 

I did start a Webull account , it’s as legitimate as Robinhood, even tho that’s not saying much, my object is to turn $230 into 25k in that account by this time next year 

36 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I did start a Webull account , it’s as legitimate as Robinhood, even tho that’s not saying much, my object is to turn $230 into 25k in that account by this time next year

It is always good to have objectives and we should strive to meet them. But in doing so, you only take what is there to be taken. If you can only get to $5k in the account or even $2.5k don't see that as a loss on your part. 

28 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

With Judy Shelton possibly joining the fed 

I read on places like qanon on the return of the gold standard she is a big advocate of the gold standard 

Another thing qanon got right possibly 

https://www.mercatus.org/bridge/commentary/gold-standard-practical-today?fbclid=IwAR0796BLloiQ3hJae7a1Fid9G7rt6wsNbBwUfkrjBN-O6RmkuACOJ5pTaBo

Trump would never approve of returning to the gold standard. And the USA would have to radically change to be able to do it. It won't happen. If her nomination goes through, she will have to drop that like a hot potato. 

38 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Trump would never approve of returning to the gold standard. And the USA would have to radically change to be able to do it. It won't happen. If her nomination goes through, she will have to drop that like a hot potato. 

He appointed her. So clearly they have the same line of thinking 

It would make absolute sense to go back to the gold standard. Our money would be backed up by something unlike the case of today were our money is basically toilet paper 

59 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Trump would never approve of returning to the gold standard.

Curious why you would say this...

And the USA would have to radically change to be able to do it. It won't happen.

even tho this is quite understandable.

If her nomination goes through, she will have to drop that like a hot potato. 

and just an fyi on personnel  changes, as you may not have heard rumor..some more are

FBI Director out....

Flyn in...

not necessarily same spot LOL.

2 minutes ago, Troll said:

and just an fyi on personnel  changes, as you may not have heard rumor..some more are

FBI Director out....

Flyn in...

Flynn is the new FBI director??

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

He appointed her. So clearly they have the same line of thinking 

It would make absolute sense to go back to the gold standard. Our money would be backed up by something unlike the case of today were our money is basically toilet paper 

I did not volunteer an opinion on the merits or demerits of the Gold Standard. I just said Trump would never agree to it. I am 100% sure of that. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

I did not volunteer an opinion on the merits or demerits of the Gold Standard. I just said Trump would never agree to it. I am 100% sure of that. 

Except for the past 4 years where he has publicly advocated for the gold standard going back his 2016 campaign which I provided above 

46 minutes ago, Troll said:

FBI Director out....

Flyn in...

Trump is an easy money guy. He has always been. He once stated, and I paraphrase, that he was the King of Debt. It's just not in his core character. A gold standard would impose discipline. But it would also be rigid. I don't see this happening in the current political environment. You would have to have totally new leadership. The leadership, such as it is, in both parties would never support it. For it would require a level of fiscal discipline that neither party as currently construed would find tolerable. 

One of the kicks I get out of the right on this board and other situations is that they actually think the current Republican Party is conservative. The reality is it is no more so than the Democratic Party. It is just a matter of spending priorities, but both are very big government in their orientation. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Trump is an easy money guy. He has always been. He once stated, and I paraphrase, that he was the King of Debt. It's just not in his core character. A gold standard would impose discipline. But it would also be rigid. I don't see this happening in the current political environment. You would have to have totally new leadership. The leadership, such as it is, in both parties would never support it. For it would require a level of fiscal discipline that neither party as currently construed would find tolerable. 

One of the kicks I get out of the right on this board and other situations is that they actually think the current Republican Party is conservative. The reality is it is no more so than the Democratic Party. It is just a matter of spending priorities, but both are very big government in their orientation. 

Fiscal responsibility are out in both parties thats a valid point 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Exactly! And a gold standard would impose such responsibility. Hence, no gold standard in the foreseeable future!

But he is headed in that direction. See i do believe trump wants fiscal responsibility yes i know about his bankruptcies and such i get it but the spending is on congress and they don't care one bit about how much is spent 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

But he is headed in that direction. See i do believe trump wants fiscal responsibility yes i know about his bankruptcies and such i get it but the spending is on congress and they don't care one bit about how much is spent 

No he does not. His whole life has been about debt and shafting his creditors. You judge a leopard by its spots not what it may say to you. Trump would spend like a drunken sailor with not a shred of regret if he were the sole decision maker. I am 100% sure of that.

I would like to think you converse with me because my opinions are honest even if you disagree with them. And you are welcome to disagree with my assessment of Trump. But I trust you realize that they are honest opinions divorced from my dislike of Republican ideology and not just comments made up because he is on the other side. 

Time will possibly prove which one of us got it right about DJT if he gets a second term. As of now, that is up in the air. 

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

No he does not. His whole life has been about debt and shafting his creditors. You judge a leopard by its spots not what it may say to you. Trump would spend like a drunken sailor with not a shred of regret if he were the sole decision maker. I am 100% sure of that.

I would like to think you converse with me because my opinions are honest even if you disagree with them. And you are welcome to disagree with my assessment of Trump. But I trust you realize that they are honest opinions divorced from my dislike of Republican ideology and not just comments made up because he is on the other side. 

Time will possibly prove which one of us got it right about DJT if he gets a second term. As of now, that is up in the air. 

Well i could say with the evidence above since 2016 and maybe prior to that he has backed up the gold standard 

Hes position is against wars and the amount of money we spend on that so that better than the last 2 administrations who spent like crazy on those wars 19 years and counting. 

We spend 708 billion dollars on education only to be below average in the stem programs. Maybe we can take billions from there and at least fix the infrastructure because we all know spending 700 billion in education hasn't worked 

Bankruptcy is a great protector of assets

51 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

You may be right on the whole core character thingy.....he was a democratic core for his whole life...

...before becoming Potus.

Kind of supports your whole point of both sides being the same at the core, and only saying different things...

Have to agree with your post.

• Like 1

Stocks closed broadly higher and near day highs on most indices. Volume was higher on the NYSE and flat on the NASDAQ. Today’s range was from a gain of .43% on the DOW to 1.83% on the NASDAQ 100. Smaller stocks did okay but lagged the NASDAQ and the S&P. Advancing stocks led 3-2 on the NYSE and 10-7 on the NASDAQ. Coming off the losing week, today was a good, but not great, day. I believe the bull market is intact, but despite the big outperformance by the NASDAQ, I think technology needs some work and will likely need time to go through a basing process before the next move. A notable observation, was the continuation of the bull run in gold and gold stocks. I have not mentioned this before, as since a brief romance with them in the mid-1990s, I have generally left this sector alone. Still the enormous stimulus, coupled with the recent decline in the dollar has the gold bugs going ga ga. If I do end up playing this theme, it will be on a pullback and will involve options to keep my exposure low.

On the day, I did well as all 8 positions closed in the black. That’s the way I like it. The big winners were the S&P Options, SHOP and LCII. TEAM and TTD barely budged. MDY, ZM and LOW had good but not outstanding days. I ended the day up $10,722 or 1.9%, out-legging the indices. As of the close, all my positions are in better shape than they were over the weekend. However, SHOP reports before the opening bell on Wednesday. Its earnings will no doubt have a very big effect on the stock price, positive or negative. Barring an unusual day in SHOP tomorrow, I intend to hold it through earnings. If it tanks, I will sell it and take a reduced profit (hopefully it won’t really tank and end up a loss). If it gaps up, at least for the day, I will place a stop loss at the prior day’s closing price. So, should the stock reverse, I will be out no worse than Tuesday’s close. Onward to Tuesday.