So is hydroxychloroquine officially a dud?

RedZone

29 minutes ago, RedZone said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/health/new-french-study-hydroxychloroquine/index.html

Maybe Ed was right after all and was also right when he said this drug could fuck with your heart and other things.

Ed is deranged,  he has 200 tweets this week alone bashing trump 

okay doc if chloroquine doesn’t work what medicine should we take then?? Ohhh so let’s just not treat these patients fuxk it right?  We’re waiting on a cure so in the meantime take what u can get

There was a study of high doses of hydroxychloroquine in combination with azithromycin going in in Brazil that they had to end due to the deaths of several patients there too. Heart arrhythmia was the main culprit. They also think it was potentially having some effect on other electrical impulses throughout the nervous system. 

There are still some studies ongoing, but, I still go back to 8th grade science projects on this thing. If it works against the virus, it should always work. Not occasionally or variably. 

Lower dosages probably don't create the same arrhythmic issues so those studies will probably continue as long as the president has his finger on the scale for testing to cover for his dumb mouth. 

As an aside, I actually heard him say that him speaking out on something national security-wise (the conspiracy theory investigation into wuhan biological site) was not appropriate at this time. I almost fainted. Maybe the guy does learn from mistakes. I think the chloroquine one was more damaging potentially than the one he finally decided it's inappropriate to discuss though. 

18 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

okay doc if chloroquine doesn’t work what medicine should we take then?? Ohhh so let’s just not treat these patients fuxk it right?  We’re waiting on a cure so in the meantime take what u can get

There are a lot of drugs being tested other than the two that take up all the news.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/coronavirus-covid-19-treatments.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

There are a lot of drugs being tested other than the two that take up all the news.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/coronavirus-covid-19-treatments.html

well everyone’s a doctor apparently but not one can recommend the smoking gun medication to take

no they wanna bash trump for being the guy everyone knew what we were getting when we voted in him, 

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

well everyone’s a doctor apparently but not one can recommend the smoking gun medication to take

no they wanna bash trump for being the guy everyone knew what we were getting when we voted in him, 

You must understand the medical community is in control of what they see as the best course of action going forward for patient care.  Just like they are any other time.  Trump never was directing that train

if you were to get sick this week I’m sure a competent Dr would know what course of treatment he’d want to start with you based on your medical history, etc.  

26 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Only bashing the dummy for being a dummy and creating more of a problem than it all needed to be. He's been getting away with standing at that podium and saying some of the stupidest shit for so long that it finally caught up with him on this chloroquine thing. 

He caused an international run on that drug when he went up there and talked it up as he did. That's the only issue with this. He could have kept his mouth shut and the studies would have happened without an international run on the supply, and this thread would never have even been necessary. 

You want to be funny here and say that "everyone is a doctor apparently" but you are indifferent to him going up there and creating that issue because "everyone knew what they were getting when they voted." 

I knew he was an idiot for sure, but had no idea of how dangerous he could be on some of the simplest stuff. 

What if he hopped up there tomorrow and said 9mm bullets fired upward through the roof of your mouth was the cure for covid 19? Would you run out and forgive him for saying that because you knew what you were getting when you voted? xD

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

If your stomach can handle the volatility... have a look and review of Cytodyn (CYDY).  The stock has skyrocketed, but recently has taken a little dip.  Leronlimab is the name of the hopeful drug.  

https://www.proactiveinvestors.com/companies/news/917307/cytodyn-incs-first-patient-treated-with-flagship-drug-leronlimab-in-phase-2b3-trial-for-coronavirus-917307.html

https://www.proactiveinvestors.com/companies/news/917093/cytodyn-inc-says-five-coronavirus-patients-able-to-go-off-oxygen-after-taking-leronlimab-917093.html

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I'd ask why they were so quick to run out and announce the first five while holding back the result on the others. Profiteering on the stock trades I'm guessing. 

5 of 30. Basically on the surface it looks like the chloroquine type result. Variable results at the early time. If it was therapeutic it seems like their announcement would be more like 25 of the first 30 were able to be removed from intubation.  Not the other way around. 

Okay here’s my thing you gotta millions of doctor and scientists on this earth and y’all obsessed over what Donald Trump thinks is a good medication, let me repeat Y’all relying on Donald J Trump on Medical advice, the dude probably recommending what ever medication Jared Kushner has stocks in, 

its a free country do your research and take what ever you want, if you wanna drink aquarium cleaner or wanna just take Benadryl and NyQuil, You Be you

on that note I said way to much , there’s people watching on here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Okay here’s my thing you gotta millions of doctor and scientists on this earth and y’all obsessed over what Donald Trump thinks is a good medication, let me repeat Y’all relying on Donald J Trump on Medical advice, the dude probably recommending what ever medication Jared Kushner has stocks in, 

its a free country do your research and take what ever you want, if you wanna drink aquarium cleaner or wanna just take Benadryl and NyQuil, You Be you

on that note I said way to much , there’s people watching on here

No we aren’t relying on him, but many do, and his advice can be dangerous and misleading causing people to do irrational things

• Thanks 2

I guess something has to give one way or another.....pretty risky.

FEMA ships out nearly 20 million hydroxychloroquine tablets

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/14/fema-ships-out-hydroxychloroquine-tablets-186102

Erin Fox, senior director of Drug Information and Support Services at the University of Utah College of Pharmacy, said most courses of hydroxychloroquine treatment for Covid-19 take 12 to 14 tablets. So the shipments will cover treatment for about 1.4 million patients

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

French study finds hydroxychloroquine doesn't help patients with coronavirus

Interesting thing... it was a French study that everyone was pointing to to begin with also. 

I wonder how long we'll have to wait until the president comes out touting that new study from the French? 

ev2u9.thumb.jpg.58e65745a594d6be60811a635b672a75.jpg

Still waiting. xD

• Haha 3

This new French study only addressed a subset of patients (with Covid-19 who had pneumonia and required supplemental oxygen).

And interesting how a 4.6% death rate for those who did not take hydroxychloroquine versus a 2.8% for those who did was not statistically significant?  OK. I know which side of the study I would have preferred to be on.

Also, worth noting that CNN did not refer to any studies or anecdotal evidence that have found the drug to be helpful.  Color me shocked (not).

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, concha said:

This new French study only addressed a subset of patients (with Covid-19 who had pneumonia and required supplemental oxygen).

And interesting how a 4.6% death rate for those who did not take hydroxychloroquine versus a 2.8% for those who did was not statistically significant?  OK. I know which side of the study I would have preferred to be on.

Also, worth noting that CNN did not refer to any studies or anecdotal evidence that have found the drug to be helpful.  Color me shocked (not).

Once again, the overall point is it’s a mixed bag of results.  Like the other links provided there are other drugs being tested and DRs will prescribe the best course of action.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Once again, the overall point is it’s a mixed bag of results.  Like the other links provided there are other drugs being tested and DRs will prescribe the best course of action.  

Do we know if this new French study included Z-pack and zinc? Or no? Of course, the half-assed CNN article does not say.

Frankly, I think the title of the article is bullshit given the subset of patients, the actual better results for taking it and (potentially) that Z-pack and zinc might not have been used.

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Do we know if this new French study included Z-pack and zinc? Or no? Of course, the CNN article does not say.

Frankly, I the title of the article is bullshit given the subset of patients, the actual better results for taking it and (potentially) that Z-pack and zinc might not have been used.

The study is of the effectiveness of the drugs by themselves.  

Why are you promoting any drug, because trump said so?  

When has this self promoting medical drugs during trial phases ever been a part of our public responsibility?  

it’s amazing whatever market trump pimps his minions support it.  Comical 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'd ask why they were so quick to run out and announce the first five while holding back the result on the others. Profiteering on the stock trades I'm guessing. 

5 of 30. Basically on the surface it looks like the chloroquine type result. Variable results at the early time. If it was therapeutic it seems like their announcement would be more like 25 of the first 30 were able to be removed from intubation.  Not the other way around. 

Definitely a speculative stock, but it has 3 eggs in the basket currently for fast tracked FDA approved testing if I'm not mistaken.  Covid-19 is one of the three.  

image.png.e5cf672d31ce473dc19935de3f363a78.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

The study is of the effectiveness of the drugs by themselves.  

Why are you promoting any drug, because trump said so?  

When has this self promoting medical drugs during trial phases ever been a part of our public responsibility?  

it’s amazing whatever market trump pimps his minions support it.  Comical 

I'm pointing out that the general take is that hydroxychloroquine has been touted as being effective in conjunction with z-pack and zinc.

Do you deny this?

Comical that you will shill for anything that (bullshittingly) runs counter to something that might help the current situation.

I can guaran-damn-tee you that if you or yours were in the hospital with COVID-19 and not getting well, you'd want the option to use hydroxychloroquine/Z-pack/zinc.  But until then you'll hump anything counter to OMB.  Truth.

9 minutes ago, concha said:

I'm pointing out that the general take is that hydroxychloroquine has been touted as being effective in conjunction with z-pack and zinc.

Do you deny this?

Comical that you will shill for anything that (bullshittingly) runs counter to something that might help the current situation.

I can guaran-damn-tee you that if you or yours were in the hospital with COVID-19 and not getting well, you'd want the option to use hydroxychloroquine/Z-pack/zinc.  But until then you'll hump anything counter to OMB.  Truth.

That’s the thing, folks like you act as if those are the only drugs being used.  They aren’t. (I read there are about 60 different drugs being trialed and tested for this virus worldwide) trump says something and his minions think he somehow decreed these drugs be the source.  

I trust my doctors to make the best recommendations for a course of action for my health, I won’t be riding the trump hype train of what he says should be.  Totally ridiculous 

• Like 4