President Trump closes borders

thc6795

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Please, concha.

Have some self-respect for once.

My first impulse is this is exactly what the Trump Administration has always wanted to do. And you were wrong, yet again.

In the 2010s, we had the longest economic recovery in history and reached some of the lowest unemployment in recent history. All of this done without a ban on legal immigration.

This move serves no purpose whatsoever regarding either the virus or the economy.

To claim otherwise is just a lie and to act ignorant of Trump's motives is typically dishonest behavior by you.

Seek help.

I mean that seriously.

7 minutes ago, concha said:

You go hunting through years old posts to make up some bullshit about how I was somehow retroactively lying BACK ON FEBRUARY 1ST OF 2018?

I remembered this exact exchange and knew that you would look typically stupid and dishonest for claiming that I was wrong to say that Trump thought legal immigration was a problem.

Yes, you were certainly wrong at best or lying at worst to say what you did.

You could have a hundred years to figure out how to argue that this is a practical move and and you would still fail.

That's because it makes no practical sense.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 1/30/2018 at 7:25 PM, concha said:

1) The assertion that Trump is against legal immigration is false. Patently.

On 2/1/2018 at 11:51 AM, concha said:

Trump thinks chain immigration is a problem:  TRUE

Trump thinks legal immigration is a problem:  FALSE

Simple.

So why is it so hard for you, Canes?

On 2/1/2018 at 11:41 AM, concha said:

You stated that that he thinks legal immigration is a problem.

Problems should be eliminated, right?

The why isn't Trump calling for an end to legal immigration?

It isn't rocket surgery.

If you had simply been honest and said "Trump has a problem with chain migration" then I would have agreed wholeheartedly.

The problem is that you are intellectually dishonest and wish to portray Trump as having a problem with legal immigration writ large.

That is a Canes lie.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Now some people might just say that concha completely misunderstood Trump's position on legal immigration and that may be true.

But I think he's just a toady who tried to play semantic games and defend Trump at all costs. Even when statements were completely accurate and non-partisan (like mine).

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

OK...first things first...I am a staunch left-wing Bernie supporter and I believe Trumpy The Ass Clown is a basic drain on my oxygen supply.   I think he's a narcissist pig who doesn't give a rat's ass about anybody but himself.

Now...he is right about the immigration ban.   At this time in our lives...he is right.  I don't think the ban should be forever...but as of this moment in time...we do not need people coming in to the US...unless they happen to be Swedish models with loose morals.

I suppose the old adage is right...."even a blind hog will find an acorn eventually".

Now...back to your normal TV station....

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

OK...first things first...I am a staunch left-wing Bernie supporter and I believe Trumpy The Ass Clown is a basic drain on my oxygen supply.   I think he's a narcissist pig who doesn't give a rat's ass about anybody but himself.

Now...he is right about the immigration ban.   At this time in our lives...he is right.  I don't think the ban should be forever...but as of this moment in time...we do not need people coming in to the US...unless they happen to be Swedish models with loose morals.

I suppose the old adage is right...."even a blind hog will find an acorn eventually".

Now...back to your normal TV station....

Rufus>>

Inshallah.

20 hours ago, The Guru said:

You could have a hundred years to figure out how to argue that this is a practical move and and you would still fail.

That's because it makes no practical sense.

From that known liberal rag the Wall Street Journal.

Trump’s Immigration Distraction

There’s no economic or health case for blocking all immigrants

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

From that known liberal rag the Wall Street Journal.

Trump’s Immigration Distraction

There’s no economic or health case for blocking all immigrants

Oh good because it’s nothing close to that. It isn’t a full ban. Just like the “Muslim ban” wasn’t a Muslim ban. They know what they’re doing using words like “all” it’s to strike fear and resentment. 

25 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Oh good because it’s nothing close to that. It isn’t a full ban. Just like the “Muslim ban” wasn’t a Muslim ban. They know what they’re doing using words like “all” it’s to strike fear and resentment. 

The Muslim ban was, indeed, the Muslim ban that Trump hinted at during the campaign. He was just forced by reality to couch it in something else to get it through.

Same thing here.

Trump runs his mouth on Twitter and then realizes that he needs to include exemptions because his idea was stupid and impractical.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The Muslim ban was, indeed, the Muslim ban that Trump hinted at during the campaign. He was just forced by reality to couch it in something else to get it through.

Same thing here.

Trump runs his mouth on Twitter and then realizes that he needs to include exemptions because his idea was stupid and impractical.

It wasn’t a Muslim ban when the top 5 countries with the highest amounts of Muslims in the world WEREN'T on the ban list. 

Indonesia has the most Muslims in  the world, not on the ban. It was a ban from countries who traffic in terror. It’s a terrorist country ban. 

11 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It wasn’t a Muslim ban when the top 5 countries with the highest amounts of Muslims in the world WEREN'T on the ban list. 

Indonesia has the most Muslims in  the world, not on the ban. It was a ban from countries who traffic in terror. It’s a terrorist country ban. 

Shhh facts will confuse Andy boy!

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Trump called for a Muslim ban during the campaign and a week into office he attempted to ban people from seven Muslim countries.

Then in order to get it through the courts they sprinkled in superfluous countries like North Korea and Venezuela.

Whether they were the largest or not is completely irrelevant.

(and the subsequent orders did, in fact, include Nigeria which is one of the largest Muslim countries in the world)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

It was a ban from countries who traffic in terror. It’s a terrorist country ban. 

Saudi Arabia is perhaps the greatest supporter of terrorism in the world. Also not on the list.

It was scatterbrained.

The only purpose it served was to deliver on his stump speech regarding a Muslim ban.

• Thanks 1

I know when he was staying in check not causing waves he was black now that he saying things like this:

"I intend to help the Democrat Party get rid of its bigotry against Black people that are independent and conservative,” Jones said in the statement announcing his resignation, according to the Journal-Constitution. “I endorsed the White guy (Donald J. Trump) that let Blacks out of jail, and they endorsed the White guy (Joe Biden) that put Blacks in jail."- Vernon Jones

He really is'nt black anymore. 

13 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I know when he was staying in check not causing waves he was black now that he saying things like this:

"I intend to help the Democrat Party get rid of its bigotry against Black people that are independent and conservative,” Jones said in the statement announcing his resignation, according to the Journal-Constitution. “I endorsed the White guy (Donald J. Trump) that let Blacks out of jail, and they endorsed the White guy (Joe Biden) that put Blacks in jail."- Vernon Jones

He really is'nt black anymore. 

It was his strategy all along to leave the Democratic Party IMO.  This was the opportunity.  He is being chastised like anyone leaving their party or siding with the other side on an issue.  

Tell me, how receptive were republicans when Romney voted on a few impeachment articles convicting trump?  Was he simply allowed to follow his convictions or was he chastised for breaking rank?