And just like that we’re saved? Wtf

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Aren't you in Jersey? The virus is showing no signs of abatement there. Be careful, bro. 

That’s what I’m saying, and from Bergen County which is the hotspot in Jersey 

murphy declared construction workers are essential again

Ya it’s crazy cause it’s crazy cause we just hit our peek last week and the governor is already rushing people back to work 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

That’s what I’m saying, and from Bergen County which is the hotspot in Jersey 

murphy declared construction workers are essential again

Ya it’s crazy cause it’s crazy cause we just hit our peek last week and the governor is already rushing people back to work 

That's fked up. No one should be forced to choose between economic survival and serious illness that could lead to death unless you chose a job that exposes you to such. If you are in the military, you take the job knowing that if your country goes to war, you could die as a direct consequence. If you work in healthcare, you take the job knowing that there is some possibility you could contract a deadly disease from your work. In those cases you know that your job comes with those types of risk. Similarly, if you work in construction you take the job knowing you could die or be seriously injured from a construction related accident. What you did not know and had no reason to know working in construction is that you could be taken out by a virus because your job was deemed essential. 

To be totally honest, I do want the country to resume economic activity. Failure to do so will lead to the second great depression in 100 years. However, without proper testing of a large enough section of the population and rigorous contact tracing, what we are doing will likely prolong the virus's ravaging of our population and could end up doing more economic damage in the long run, as we may be forced into a second shutdown of economic activity.

In some of the states that have opened back up for business we are probably okay, though I would have still liked more testing. In places like Georgia, and to a lesser degree Florida and Texas, and even more so, New Jersey, I think we will almost certainly see a serious resurgence of the virus. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

How am I back to work Monday... how does this whole pandemic just come to an end? Wtf bro I just got my first unemployment check.. I’m heated

I'm 1000% confident that you are going to live to fight another day...and then another and another. Glad you're back at work, my friend. So many other jobs and lives have been completely destroyed. But do take all necessary precautions to take care of yourself. 👊

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

That's fked up. No one should be forced to choose between economic survival and serious illness that could lead to death unless you chose a job that exposes you to such. If you are in the military, you take the job knowing that if your country goes to war, you could die as a direct consequence. If you work in healthcare, you take the job knowing that there is some possibility you could contract a deadly disease from your work. In those cases you know that your job comes with those types of risk. Similarly, if you work in construction you take the job knowing you could die or be seriously injured from a construction related accident. What you did not know and had no reason to know working in construction is that you could be taken out by a virus because your job was deemed essential. 

To be totally honest, I do want the country to resume economic activity. Failure to do so will lead to the second great depression in 100 years. However, without proper testing of a large enough section of the population and rigorous contact tracing, what we are doing will likely prolong the virus's ravaging of our population and could end up doing more economic damage in the long run, as we may be forced into a second shutdown of economic activity.

In some of the states that have opened back up for business we are probably okay, though I would have still liked more testing. In places like Georgia, and to a lesser degree Florida and Texas, and even more so, New Jersey, I think we will almost certainly see a serious resurgence of the virus. 

I think to some extent, you are right that nobody should be forced to choose. I think you still have a choice though, although it is a very difficult one. Health and safety versus income. 

The simple truth is that is the new normal. This covid-19 isn't going to magically disappear, so, there is no doubt that we have to eventually go back to work while protecting ourselves as much as we can. Protecting our own self as best we can. 

It's not fair that we have to do these things, but, it's just how it is today. Life has never been fair, and today is no different than the past in that respect. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blueliner said:

I'm 1000% confident that you are going to live to fight another day...and then another and another. Glad you're back at work, my friend. So many other jobs and lives have been completely destroyed. But do take all necessary precautions to take care of yourself. 👊

It’s amazing you can contradict yourself in the same sentence.  Give complete confidence that he’s gonna be ok (b/c you really think this is overblown) then finish with a comment he needs to take precautions.  😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Is it really though?  xD

Racing returns this month!joey logano GIF by NASCAR

Nascar announced yesterday that racing will return May 17th to Darlington Raceway!

daytona 500 yes GIF by NASCAR

giphy.gif

allyson felix yes GIF by NASCAR

It's been 2 months since on-track action and NASCAR will return with seven races in an 11-day span!

giphy.gif

-----

The races will be held without fans in attendance.

kaitlin olson no GIF by NASCAR

The races will be held without fans in attendance.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think to some extent, you are right that nobody should be forced to choose. I think you still have a choice though, although it is a very difficult one. Health and safety versus income. 

The simple truth is that is the new normal. This covid-19 isn't going to magically disappear, so, there is no doubt that we have to eventually go back to work while protecting ourselves as much as we can. Protecting our own self as best we can. 

It's not fair that we have to do these things, but, it's just how it is today. Life has never been fair, and today is no different than the past in that respect. 

I should have provided more context. In many European countries, to contain the spread of the virus, national governments have backstopped up to 80% of workers wages when the are in non-essential businesses. By doing so, they provide employers the incentive to keep them on the payroll even though they are not at work. They also keep the workers home, thereby slowing and containing the spread. In China, they did not do this, but provided an edict that: thou shall stay home. I am sure that for government institutions for the most part, resources were provided to ensure that those involved at a minimum would not starve. And, I am equally sure that larger employers were strong armed to a degree to provide, some degree of economic support to their idled workforce. 

In the USA we have not done any of the above. What we have done is have non-essential workers seek unemployment, supplemented by an additional $600 from the Federal Government. However, with the reopening of various states, the Governors of some have already clearly indicated that if you choose to stay home for safety reasons, the unemployment will cease unless your employer does not take yo back. Therein lies the problem ... one that will almost 100% guarantee that we will have resurgences of the illness in many parts of the country. Both Europe and China with their policies have bought time to explore and develop vaccines and cures. We have probably ensured that the illness lingers much longer than it should. 

I will close by saying again, that I am glad I am "retired" and will only take on projects again when I feel it is safe to do so, either because we have a vaccine or a drug that cures the disease, or because it has largely, "gone away" to quote one far more famous than me.   

• Like 2

On 5/2/2020 at 5:35 AM, Horsefly said:

It’s amazing you can contradict yourself in the same sentence.  Give complete confidence that he’s gonna be ok (b/c you really think this is overblown) then finish with a comment he needs to take precautions.  😂 

Dude. I’ve tried to give you respect. But you’re a fucking joke. Seriously. Either you’re too fucking stupid to understand  that people (like me and not you) have ability to have compassion while differentiating reality from a personal opinion or you’re just simply being obtuse simply for the sake. I used to believe that it was the latter, but now I’m starting to believe the former....and not even both...JUST the former. Come out of the fucking I Love Libs closet and owner your shit. Enough already. Jeezus H. ...and enjoy the rest of your “independent” day 🤣

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Dude. I’ve tried to give you respect. But you’re a fucking joke. Seriously. Either you’re too fucking stupid to understand  that people (like me and not you) have ability to have compassion while differentiating reality from a personal opinion or you’re just simply being obtuse simply for the sake. I used to believe that it was the latter, but now I’m starting to believe the former....and not even both...JUST the former. Come out of the fucking I Love Libs closet and owner your shit. Enough already. Jeezus H. ...and enjoy the rest of your “independent” day 🤣

Just an fyi...

but I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking that if someone bashes one side, that means they love the other....

First off some people just hate both...🙄

and second off, have you ever 'really' heard him say good things about the left, at least 'as the left' ?

🤔

PS. aside from the fact that on multiple occasions he has railed against the two party system....if you read closer, sometimes you will see that things are not always mutually exclusive...

Either way if he speaks it, that 'means something', which may or may not have anything to do with pride of ownership.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Troll said:

Just an fyi...

but I wouldn't make the mistake of thinking that if someone bashes one side, that means they love the other....

First off some people just hate both...🙄

and second off, have you ever 'really' heard him say good things about the left, at least 'as the left' ?

🤔

PS. aside from the fact that on multiple occasions he has railed against the two party system....if you read closer, sometimes you will see that things are not always mutually exclusive...

Either way if he speaks it, that 'means something', which may or may not have anything to do with pride of ownership.

Interesting. But I won’t respond to this on my phone. Too much to type to respond to this.. I’ll respond when I get home.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

your arguments fall flat on their face, because you have no clue to what the position is of the person you’re arguing with.  So in your simple mind, if someone opposes your position then they must hold the opposite.  I don’t think you even know what ‘independent’ means, it doesn’t mean a person is neutral to politics.  🤦‍♂️ 

You made contradictory statement Blue, because if you really believed he was 100% safe then there is no reason for him to take precautions against the very thing you just said he was 100% in the clear from.  This is called a non sequitur.  (This conclusion of saying he should be careful doesn’t flow from the previous statement of you guaranteeing he’s 100% safe.)

anyways, slow down and read what the hell type.  Most of your stuff is easy to counter or you miss the mark completely.   

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Troll said:

Just an fyi...

It is above his pay grade to understand this simple concept. 

Sad that he loses self to "belong" to cult. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

your arguments fall flat on their face, because you have no clue to what the position is of the person you’re arguing with.  So in your simple mind, if someone opposes your position then they must hold the opposite.  I don’t think you even know what ‘independent’ means, it doesn’t mean a person is neutral to politics.  🤦‍♂️ 

You made contradictory statement Blue, because if you really believed he was 100% safe then there is no reason for him to take precautions against the very thing you just said he was 100% in the clear from.  This is called a non sequitur.  (This conclusion of saying he should be careful doesn’t flow from the previous statement of you guaranteeing he’s 100% safe.)

anyways keep learning and reading, you’ll get there if you slow down and read what the hell you type.     

All he posts are these logical fallacies. 

He has never posted otherwise. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, noonereal said:

It is above his pay grade to understand this simple concept. 

Sad that he loses self to "belong" to cult. 

So Trump supporters are part of a cult? Such a weak argument..I expect (or not) better from you. Its like taking your ball and running home because you are losing...

Anyway..carry on and be safe..your ideas may be f'd up but i Still wish you Good health!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Agree. 

Such a weak reply man...you can't admit how great this country was doing before the WUHAN virus..you are all about anything anti Trump.  You would rather see this country fail and blame Trump the see it prosper...which it has ..because of him.  Time to join Rosie and her liberal group and head to Canada...very sad with your hatred ..please stay safe and healthy....ya see no matter our differences I still want to see you prosper...no matter who is the President...that's the difference between you and I.....yet you think i am part part of cult...disgusting actually.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:
2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I just don’t get it how do we go from absolute panic and hitting the peak last week In Jersey  to this week construction parks and Golf courses are open like the virus magically disappeared without doing anything

So what's the problem ? 🤔

we went from everything open and 'no worries' .....😁

to lock down new world order overnight...😲

"without doing anything"...🤷‍♂️

go figure

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I just don’t get it how do we go from absolute panic and hitting the peak last week In Jersey  to this week construction parks and Golf courses are open like the virus magically disappeared without doing anything 

We about to find out if it goes full on panic again. The problem is that the data we see is always only a look into what was happening a week or more ago, I guess they're saying basically 2 weeks ago. (I give credit now as they say in Georgia test results are coming back in 5 to 8 days, so it seems like we should be seeing what went on inside that time frame of the past)

So, that said, two weeks from now, we'll know what happened today since they said "get your asses back to work! We done paying you unemployment  because we broke already." xD

I hope you're being careful and looking out for yourself and those around you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1