Getting rid of the police

Bormio

ST. LOUIS – The man charged with the murder of retired St. Louis police Captain David Dorn was previously convicted in St. Louis County in 2014 but never served a day in prison.

Stephan Cannon, 24, was sentenced to seven years for felony robbery but he got a break. Cannon got probation under what’s called a suspended execution of sentence (SES). Court records show Cannon then violated probation—twice—and got two more breaks. He never went to prison.

Cannon now faces a first-degree murder charge for killing Dorn on June 2.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 8:55 AM, The Guru said:

It's a dumb phrase just like "Abolish ICE" is.

All it does is give liars like concha a chance to drive fake narratives.

[...]

I don't doubt that this is political nonsense. It's nonsense on either side.

The Democrats aren't really interested in getting rid of the police. This is an opportunity for them to pander to their voters. 

And the Republicans know that the Democrats aren't really interested in getting rid of the police. This is an opportunity for them to pander to their voters. 

Our forum bears that out. 

Once again, the politicians and pundits win. This is job security for them.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, concha said:

ST. LOUIS – The man charged with the murder of retired St. Louis police Captain David Dorn was previously convicted in St. Louis County in 2014 but never served a day in prison.

Stephan Cannon, 24, was sentenced to seven years for felony robbery but he got a break. Cannon got probation under what’s called a suspended execution of sentence (SES). Court records show Cannon then violated probation—twice—and got two more breaks. He never went to prison.

Cannon now faces a first-degree murder charge for killing Dorn on June 2.

Poor guy, I’m sure all his convictions were white peoples fault and he was just turning his life around and headed to church...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

My lifetime experience has been otherwise....

I saw this before camera pbones were a thing.

I rememberebeing surprised by the response to Rodney King. Cops in West Dallas were just worse than that.

Not sure how old you are but Dallas is run by Democrats.

The Dallas PD is nearly half black and Hispanic (and trending to more minority officers).

Its Chief of Police is a black woman as are several of the more senior officials, including a Latino running IA.

15 minutes ago, concha said:

Not sure how old you are but Dallas is run by Democrats.

The Dallas PD is nearly half black and Hispanic (and trending to more minority officers).

It's Chief of Police is a black woman as are several of the more senior officials, including a Latino running IA.

Not sure what the point is....

Political affiliations mean little to a community that rarely votes.. we're talking the projects  ... many folks there didn't even what a Democrat was in the 80's

Some of the worst police brutality I've witnessed with my own eyes has been done by blacks

23 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Not sure what the point is....

Political affiliations mean little to a community that rarely votes.. we're talking the projects  ... many folks there didn't even what a Democrat was in the 80's

Some of the worst police brutality I've witnessed with my own eyes has been done by blacks

1)  The Democrats are the party that has postured for decades on how much they care and how anti-racist they are.  Al Fucking Sharpton - a race hustler if there ever was one - used the funeral today to try to score political points for them.

2)  How do you explain the cries of racism when - as you say - even the police-on-black violence can often be black on black?

It seems that the fingers magically get pointed elsewhere, and this happens all the time. It's Trump's fault!  Trump has been an elected official for less than 4 years.  And the Dems are going to nominate an old white guy who has been in politics for over 50 years and has a colored (no pun intended) racial past himself, both in the shit that comes out of the hole under his nose and in legislation.

It is truly fucked up.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, concha said:

1)  The Democrats are the party that has postured for decades on how much they care and how anti-racist they are.  Al Fucking Sharpton - a race hustler if there ever was one - used the funeral today to try to score political points for them.

2)  How do you explain the cries of racism when - as you say - even the police on black violence can often be black on black?

It seems that the fingers magically get pointed elsewhere, and this happens all the time. It's Trump's fault!  Trump has been an elected official for less than 4 years.  And the Dems are going to nominate an old white guy who has been in politics for over 50 years and has a colored (no pun intended) racial past himself, both in the shit that comes out of the hole under his nose and in legislation.

It is truly fucked up.

Is Sharpton even relevant anymore? He was the king of race baiting. Wonder if he will speak at the funeral of the retired black police captain from St Louis?

I doubt it...doesn't fit his narrative.

concha can't defend against the charge that he's a toady who doesn't really care about police violence against unarmed black people.

So he just tries to dance around and change the subject.

Everybody knows this.

Even the other toadies who are on your side. Secretly, they know too.

• Thanks 1