Honor Bowl 2020

pde769

Can someone explain why is Cent 10 and S.F.A. are playing @ 4 pm.on Friday and not the 8 pm game. Is the game being shown nationally?  Because the late game Scripps Ranch (SD Ca.) and Marina(Huntington Beach Ca. ) will not be that  interesting. But I will stay and watch it on day 1. Day 2 game 1 will be the battle of the unknowns Steele Canyon (SD area) vs Liberty (Bakersfield CA) Will be O.K. watching JSerra getting killed by Saguaro (AZ). Cathedral Catholic (SD Ca) and Damonte Ranch from Reno NV Should be a toss up CC lost QB and key player from last years team.

2020 honor bowl.pdf

12 hours ago, pde769 said:

Can someone explain why is Cent 10 and S.F.A. are playing @ 4 pm.on Friday and not the 8 pm game. Is the game being shown nationally?  Because the late game Scripps Ranch (SD Ca.) and Marina(Huntington Beach Ca. ) will not be that  interesting. But I will stay and watch it on day 1. Day 2 game 1 will be the battle of the unknowns Steele Canyon (SD area) vs Liberty (Bakersfield CA) Will be O.K. watching JSerra getting killed by Saguaro (AZ). Cathedral Catholic (SD Ca) and Damonte Ranch from Reno NV Should be a toss up CC lost QB and key player from last years team.

2020 honor bowl.pdf 199.79 kB · 3 downloads

Because it has the possibility of being on ESPN buuut I would still be surprised if this game actually happens to due to everything going on (COVID) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pde769 said:

2020 honor bowl.pdf 199.79 kB · 5 downloads

Never even heard of Marina or Scripps Ranch.  I thought scripps ranch was the sponsor for the spelling bee. 

• Haha 1

I am one of the organizers of the Honor Bowl and when we booked St Frances Academy to play Centennial at the 20 Honor Bowl in San Diego, HC Henry Russell REALLY wanted the 4pm time because it would eliminate another costly hotel booking for another night! ESPN were interested either way. Centennial could care less when they would play in fact in an Honor Bowl in 2013 they played at noon! We are bummed that the 2020 Honor Bowl had to be canceled due to COViD-19 and the reality that most States, health officials and districts could not make a decision that would be a positive step to have games continue.

In regards to Scripps Ranch - they made it to the CIF State finals in 2019 and had a 12-1 record. Marina was 12-3 and lost in the CIF SoCal Championship which was one game short of State. 

The SFA vs Centennial was a NATIONAL game of the week for sure but the goal of The Honor Bowl is to get teams that come from out of the area to play a local San Diego team. This was a true example of why The Honor Bowl is 'more than just a football game!'

• Thanks 3