Confederate Flag Banned at Nascar Events...

Damn... my man Bubba Wallace finished 11th place 

Word was he was doing well until he was pulled over for speeding 🙄

I imagine the conversation went:

Cop:     why is you speeding 'round here boy 🤨

Bubba: sir, it’s kinda my job, I'm in a race 😒

Cop:      don't you pull that damn race card on me boy!🤯🤪😤🤬🤬🤬

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I love the South. Im a proud Southerner. I grew up in the DEEP South. Southeast Mississippi where southern tradition meant as much as family and where Jim Crow was alive and well during my childhood. I can remember how Jim Crow laws effected black peoples daily lives.

Had many relatives that fought for the Confederacy. Id bet most had no idea why they were fighting, but they were called, and did so with honor. Many of those, along with some slaves are buried in our church cemetery. There were old people alive when I was a youngster, who's PARENTS were slaves, and Im not THAT old.

Ive always heard, and now know it's true, that as you get older, you should get a little wiser. I think I have on this issue.

And that's why I say, it's past time to officially retire the Confederate flag to a museum of history. As I've gotten older and have many friends of all colors and nationalities, I realize that our values and traditions arent always the same. Doesnt make any of them wrong. And some of our ancestors had vastly different life experiences. Some of our traditions are based on past things that were horribly wrong. Ive tried to imagine how I would feel about a flag that was used as a symbol for a part of the country where my ancestors were enslaved and many times tortured or hanged. I wouldnt like it at all, and would probably raise hell until either it, or I was gone. The flag didnt do it, but it represented those who did. To me it would be akin to flying the Nazi flag today in Germany. 

As a nation, we cant cave in to every complaint and whim every time someones feelings are hurt, but this is one that needs to be settled.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

I wonder if all re runs of The Dukes of Hazzard will be pulled off the air?

I kid....I kid 😂

I dont go that far with it. That free enterprise and the market will deermine what happens with that.

Think of it this way. Can you imagine Jews watching a Nascar race with an infield full of swastika flags??

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rockinl said:

I love the South. Im a proud Southerner. I grew up in the DEEP South. Southeast Mississippi where southern tradition meant as much as family and where Jim Crow was alive and well during my childhood. I can remember how Jim Crow laws effected black peoples daily lives.

Had many relatives that fought for the Confederacy. Id bet most had no idea why they were fighting, but they were called, and did so with honor. Many of those, along with some slaves are buried in our church cemetery. There were old people alive when I was a youngster, who's PARENTS were slaves, and Im not THAT old.

Ive always heard, and now know it's true, that as you get older, you should get a little wiser. I think I have on this issue.

And that's why I say, it's past time to officially retire the Confederate flag to a museum of history. As I've gotten older and have many friends of all colors and nationalities, I realize that our values and traditions arent always the same. Doesnt make any of them wrong. And some of our ancestors had vastly different life experiences. Some of our traditions are based on past things that were horribly wrong. Ive tried to imagine how I would feel about a flag that was used as a symbol for a part of the country where my ancestors were enslaved and many times tortured or hanged. I wouldnt like it at all, and would probably raise hell until either it, or I was gone. The flag didnt do it, but it represented those who did. To me it would be akin to flying the Nazi flag today in Germany. 

As a nation, we cant cave in to every complaint and whim every time someones feelings are hurt, but this is one that needs to be settled.

It's people like you that honestly give me hope for my kids future.  Much appreciated.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rockinl said:

This is an important life story that I hope you will continue to tell.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2020 at 10:04 AM, rockinl said:

Much respect.  I am curious to what you thought before your thoughts evolved on this?  No judgement on what you thought before at all.  I just think that 'how' you changed your thinking would be extremely instructive to others who have not changed how they think about this.  

I am of the opinion that those who refuse to change their views on a topic like this is because they feel they would lose something somehow or give up something.  And that the opposite is actually true.  So I am curious as to your thought process.  

Thanks.  

• Like 2

Since we are removing things that offend people

I would like to tear down and burn all rainbow flags

I would like to remove the name biden from anywhere it is including at UPenn

I would like to tear down all obama statues 

What about MLK take him down offends me doesnt fit my narrative 

Take down all abraham Lincoln statues dont like him either. Rip him down 

Don't like bill Clinton. Get rid of him

See we can play this game all day

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

His running back had a hissy fit over him wearing that shirt.

Yeah... fuck that coach

You wear shit showing you Far Right affiliations when you wouldnt be shit without black players...

It would take a real sissy ass punk to go to war for a man that has that little respect for you

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Yeah... fuck that coach

You wear shit showing you Far Right affiliations when you wouldnt be shit without black players...

It would take a real sissy ass punk to go to war for a man that has that little respect for you

Or we can get rid of all the black players and we can end all this nonsense

Oh that's right freedom of speech only applies apparently if your a leftist white or black

If a conservative black ur a token 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 1:04 PM, rockinl said:

There were blacks hung in the north right in NYC. Should we get rid of the american flag??

I'm a northern person. Lived in NY all my life but I love that rebel flag. Have one myself. I respect those men who died under that flag. I just came back from gettysburg the high water mark of the confederacy. 

I respect Lee jackson and the many other southern generals. They fought for america during the Mexican wars. Were educated at west point. 

The north and south generals were friends and respected the hell out of each other 

Grant married into a slave holding family. So even though he fought against it it didn't stop him from marrying into it 

I also have the reproduction of the flag that flew on the capitol at Richmond. 

11 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Yeah... fuck that coach

You are being ridiculous..."go to war" with someone who gets butt hurt over a shirt that says OAN?  Would the same apply if he was wearing a CNN shirt?

• Like 3