Confederate Flag Banned at Nascar Events...

56 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

ehh pay it no nevermind.. we're onto Poconos now anyway.. a track I have been to 3 times.. fun times..best seat was 3 rows back end of the front straight.. they spread out 3 sometime 5 wide then try and get single file for the turn.. pretty crazy...

46gplr.jpg

I will say one more thing.... the Bubba Wallace BLM hat and face masks are shipping late August for masks and by November for the hat. 

So, no matter what.... cha ching cha ching... you know what that is. 

bgw

2 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

ehh pay it no nevermind.. we're onto Poconos now anyway.. a track I have been to 3 times.. fun times..best seat was 3 rows back end of the front straight.. they spread out 3 sometime 5 wide then try and get single file for the turn.. pretty crazy...

* pic not the actual race I went too just showing the seat spot..Dale was still kickin when I went

46gplr.jpg

Pocono is amazing. Its a great time biggest toilet ever is what they are known for 

On 6/16/2020 at 11:48 AM, HSFBfan said:

I'm a northern person. Lived in NY all my life but I love that rebel flag. Have one myself. I respect those men who died under that flag. I just came back from gettysburg the high water mark of the confederacy. 

I respect Lee jackson and the many other southern generals. They fought for america during the Mexican wars. Were educated at west point. 

The north and south generals were friends and respected the hell out of each other 

Grant married into a slave holding family. So even though he fought against it it didn't stop him from marrying into it 

I also have the reproduction of the flag that flew on the capitol at Richmond. 

I want to be clear that I'm not in support of the confederate flag. I have never owned anything with an image of that flag printed upon it. I've never raised or waved a confederate flag. I didn't even watch Dukes of Hazzard growing up! I didn't care for that show. 😉

In short, I have no ties to the South. I'm born and raised in CA and hold mostly libertarian views. Probably lean a tad right rather than a tad left on most things.

That said, I can see this POV, especially from the angle that the flag doesn't necessarily have to represent everything that was bad about the confederacy.

In the past, I've made the same point about our red, white and blue American flag.

When we honor America by rising for the National Anthem and stare at the flag, we're not doing it in celebration of everything imperfect with our country. We're doing it in recognition and in appreciation of everything good that our country represents. Our freedom. Our safety. And those that sacrifice to defend that freedom and safety. There's far more good about our country than bad.

When I tell my wife and children that I love them, that doesn't mean I love and support all of the poor choices they made or unbecoming things they've done in their life.

But this extreme leftist movement seemingly comes from a glass is half empty, black and white POV. To them, if you show love and support for something, it means you are championing and endorsing all the bad that came along with it. It's a very flawed way of thinking.

Circling back to the Confederate flag, I honestly am not educated enough historically to really debate about how offensive it is to certain factions of people. My main point continues to be, displaying that flag doesn't necessarily have to mean support for all the bad things that happened under it's umbrella.

Whether we like it or not, the confederacy was a big part of our history and involved with how we got to where we are now. And there are positives associated with it.

Terrible things have occurred under the umbrella of the unified red, white and blue American flag but we don't chastise or forbid citizens from displaying it. Because it's supposed to be a symbol of the majority of good this country represents.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

I want to be clear that I'm not in support of the confederate flag. I have never owned anything with an image of that flag printed upon it. I've never raised or waved a confederate flag. I didn't even watch Dukes of Hazzard growing up! I didn't care for that show. 😉

In short, I have no ties to the South. I'm born and raised in CA and hold mostly libertarian views. Probably lean right a tad right than a tad left on most things.

That said, I can see this POV, especially from the angle that the flag doesn't necessarily have to represent everything that was bad about the confederacy.

In the past, I've made the same point about our red, white and blue American flag.

When we honor America by rising for the National Anthem and stare at the flag, we're not doing it in celebration of everything imperfect with our country. We're doing it in recognition and in appreciation of everything good that our country represents. Our freedom. Our safety. And those that sacrifice to defend that freedom and safety. There's far more good about our country than bad.

When I tell my wife and children that I love them, that doesn't mean I love and support all of the poor choices they made or unbecoming things they've done in their life.

But this extreme leftist movement seemingly comes from a glass is half empty, black and white POV. To them, if you show love and support for something, it means you are championing and endorsing all the bad that came along with it. It's a very flawed way of thinking.

Circling back to the Confederate flag, I honestly am not educated enough historically to really debate about how offensive it is to certain factions of people. My main point continues to be, displaying that flag doesn't necessarily have to mean support for all the bad things that happened under it's umbrella.

Whether we like it or not, the confederacy was a big part of our history and involved with how we got to where we are now. And there are positives associated with it.

Terrible things have occurred under the umbrella of the unified red, white and blue American flag but we don't chastise or forbid citizens from displaying it. Because it's supposed to be a symbol of the majority of good this country represents.

Damn good post

On 6/26/2020 at 7:41 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

Like you, idk why they didn't release the pic. I assume it had something to do with the FBI investigation but, they could have released it yesterday as the announcement from the investigation had occurred. 

I don't think they would have wanted to release it during the active investigation and apparently the FBI or NASCAR cut it down as a part of the investigation. 

They are usually pretty smart as it pertains to press releases and all. I know that's arguable as far as which side of the direction they've been moving you are on. 

Different organizations do things different ways...

...and yes courting controversy will sell tickets.

And your comment is very true linking the controversy to the type of fans attracted...

But people might want to take a good look at that correlation.

By Comparison I need to post and show another organization getting involved...

Although they don't sell as many tickets...

But I do prefer the latest actions of the organizations  us surfers support.

Seems more genuine than scandalous.

🤙

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2020 at 3:10 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

alright show us the rest of the garages let's count em up and see how normal it is.

IMHO Hawg is right. This is not normal. A pull rope is normally located in the middle of the door. Chains are normally on the side of the doors. In all the warehouses/garages I've rented or owned, the pull rope is in the middle of the door with a granny knot tied at the end. I'm not saying that photo is of a noose, I'm saying it isn't normal from my experiances as a pull rope.

For what it is worth, from my understanding a hangmans knot has 13 turns, not 4 or 5.

justsayin...

On 6/24/2020 at 3:52 PM, Troll said:

🤣

oh ok...thought it might have been 2016........

moe24.jpg

BTW: Found a very good documentary about the guys I surfed under/with growing up on VIMEO....Unfortunately it's a pay to own or rent link, but if you have not seen it, it is probably one you might appreciate...(you can check the trailer, not much actual surf, but a great round table surfer discussion....🤙

Love the trailer, 12 bucks will be worth it. I've been in the water for 55 years. Started when I was 12 in 1964 on a 9'6'' Yellow and White Hansen Custom that weighed about 45lbs or so.

I still get in the water when I can.

• Like 1