OT: What are your hobbies outside of sports?

Cat_Scratch

Mine would be astro photography. I built my own Telescope from scratch. Ground the glass mirror, but sent the mirror to have the coating put on it. I've been into astronomy since 1964. Posted are some of the photos I've taken over the last few years. 

First photo is with a 6 inch reflector using a modified HP Video Web Cam.

Second is with my 4 inch refractor of the Red Moon. Same Modified Cam.

Third is Jupiter with 3 moons with my 12 inch Orion 12XT intelliscope. Stacked and enhanced.

Fourth is of the 10 inch reflector I built.

I plan on going to Bowling Green for the full eclipse in August for some solar shots.

180 power.jpg

Red Moon.jpg

jupiter 300 power.jpg

Tele 10in.jpg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Mine would be astro photography. I built my own Telescope from scratch. Ground the glass mirror, but sent the mirror to have the coating put on it. I've been into astronomy since 1964. Posted are some of the photos I've taken over the last few years. 

Second is with my 4 inch refactor of the Red Moon. Same Modified Cam.

Third is Jupiter with 3 moons with my 12 inch Orion 12XT intelliscope. Stacked and enhanced.

I plan on going to Bowling Green for the full eclipse in August for some solar shots.

180 power.jpg

Red Moon.jpg

jupiter 300 power.jpg

Tele 10in.jpg

That's pretty cool.  I can't wait to see the eclipse.  I'm heading just south of Portland to see it.  You seen it before?  

2 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

How do you like AK 5.56? I've shot AK's in the traditional 7.62x39 and fun, but I think the AR platform is way superior. My buddy just built a 7.62x39 AR, really nice and I just felt much more comfortable shooting it.

556 has bigger recoil than AR but it's everyone's favorite weapon to shoot 

2 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I'm calling Boxer, Pelosi and Feinstein, looks like an illegal 30 round magazine for Cali :P!

Thought I was amongst friends here ? Anyway we were in the desert between California and Arizona so I'm going to say we were in Arizona 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

Thought I was amongst friends here ? Anyway we were in the desert between California and Arizona so I'm going to say we were in Arizona 

Don't worry Az will have your back when it comes to guns much to the chagrin of all those Cali libs. These 2 states couldn't be any more opposite of each other when it comes to this.

• Like 1

And While we're talking about Weapons I do enjoy Polishing my swords. 

All jokes aside I know How to swing and block thats it and even then while they are and can be used as weapons as they are sharp enough to pierce skin(Dont ask how I know...)  

I mostly keep em for show but again I can actually if need be say extreme situations kill someone with them.... 

Always slice the neck or chest.... 

Those are fatal first response areas that usually cause the most blood to drain.... 

20170603_034405.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aZjimbo said:

Don't worry Az will have your back when it comes to guns much to the chagrin of all those Cali libs. These 2 states couldn't be any more opposite of each other when it comes to this.

I was gonna say.   That looks like a 10+ Round magazine in that AK!  

I don't have a rifle yet, but I've always wanted a pistol carbine and a Scar (probably in 5.56).   

All I have to my name is my Walther PPQ q5 match, and I love it.

7 hours ago, World Citizen said:

That's pretty cool.  I can't wait to see the eclipse.  I'm heading just south of Portland to see it.  You seen it before?  

Yes, I've seen many but have never taken photos through a telescope. I plan on doing a video for this one if all goes as planned.

11 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Second is with my 4 inch refactor of the Red Moon. Same Modified Cam.

180 power.jpg

Red Moon.jpg

jupiter 300 power.jpg

Tele 10in.jpg

That's pretty awesome man.  I got a bottom level refractory (astromaster 130) and even with the extra lenses it's not even close the magnification of your pics.   

I'm big into performance cars and racing.  One day I want to buy a car/chassis just for track days.   Gotta pay the bills first.  

Shoot, I dabble a bit in everything as far as hobbies.  Only have one life to live and too many things I want to do!

• Like 1