No MACtion this year...

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The thing that annoys me more than cancelling a season is the false hope. This applies to everything. With regards to high school football in Georgia, I would have been less disappointed knowing that the season would be moved to spring or cancelled versus postponing it and giving hope for a season and suddenly cancelling right before the games begin. That false hope kills me.

The North Gwinnett vs. Lowndes game was 42-14 at halftime and I had fully accepted that my season would end that night. However, it didn't sit well that North almost came back (42-28) before getting tripped up on a fake punt. The false hope really annoys me.

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

The thing that annoys me more than cancelling a season is the false hope. This applies to everything. With regards to high school football in Georgia, I would have been less disappointed knowing that the season would be moved to spring or cancelled versus postponing it and giving hope for a season and suddenly cancelling right before the games begin. That false hope kills me.

The North Gwinnett vs. Lowndes game was 42-14 at halftime and I had fully accepted that my season would end that night. However, it didn't sit well that North almost came back (42-28) before getting tripped up on a fake punt. The false hope really annoys me.

I think this is the point where many of us are right now. As far as the false hope part. Almost everyone I talk to now doesn't really think we can actually play much of a season at all. Common sense tells me we can't also. 

Idk.

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think this is the point where many of us are right now. As far as the false hope part. Almost everyone I talk to now doesn't really think we can actually play much of a season at all. Common sense tells me we can't also. 

Idk.

I don't think we will have a season either. I just don't like having to go to band practice and get hyped with my friends for an amazing year, when we all know it'll get canceled promptly. Not a lot of things I hate more than false hope.

This whole thing reminds me of a little kid jumping off the high diving board for the first time.  You make a plan, you agree with the plan, you take the first steps of the plan, but then you actually get to the end of the board and look down and think "oh crap, what was I thinking?"

Forget about sports, MAC schools will be shut down by Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

I'll sacrifice hs and college fb...just hope the nfl goes on

Same here. Obviously they are more equipped to at least try and handle it over HS and CFB. I don’t know if a 16 game schedule will fly and still think they look at the NBA and MLB to see if it’s plausible. Still waiting for the shoe to drop on both of them. If it does, I don’t think NFL would get off the ground. 

• Like 2