Dealing with what is likely a break up

ChimpGrip

I don’t know how I’ll ever get over this, I thought I was strong. This hurts, like nothing I’ve ever felt. Wish I was emotionally strong like I am physically. Very painful... don’t want to do anything besides confide to my best friend and be alone. 

How do you guys get over this? How do you handle it when there are so many reminders of this person in your every day life? 

10 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I don’t know how I’ll ever get over this, I thought I was strong. This hurts, like nothing I’ve ever felt. Wish I was emotionally strong like I am physically. Very painful... don’t want to do anything besides confide to my best friend and be alone. 

How do you guys get over this? How do you handle it when there are so many reminders of this person in your every day life? 

Drinking lots and lots of alcohol 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I smoke a fat one, grab a bag of chips then contemplate my next move. One day at a time, just one day at a time.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

How do you guys get over this?

You have to answer the question of whether it was her or you,

that has problems with the relationship that can't be worked out.

Possibly the reasoning behind that opinion as well.

Then you have your path.

you can stop walking if you like...

but that never seemed to help much for me...

🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Troll said:

You have to answer the question of whether it was her or you,

that has problems with the relationship that can't be worked out.

Possibly the reasoning behind that opinion as well.

Then you have your path.

you can stop walking if you like...

but that never seemed to help much for me...

🤷‍♂️

The first sign of you being a human and not a robot. I'm oddly proud.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChimpGrip said:

In a bad place, not looking for humor. At all.

Sorry man. I don't know you at all, but you seem like a very good person. And sometimes, bad things happen to the best of people. But know that it's only temporary. If you need to talk it out, feel free to send me a private message and I'll be more than happy to help console in any way possible. We all may not know each other here on this forum, but we're all here to help. At least, I know I am. I may not be the best source for help, but I can provide any help that I know of.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I DONT KNOW what to do!!!

Work on what YOU have control over...

and you can't control others.

you can only understand others (not change them)

to see if that other is the BEST for you.

PS: you could also ask yourself if you are upset for how things actually are...or upset for how you wanted things to be.  Sometimes that helps ...building things with someone who wants to work with you is usually best.  There are MANY out there who would jump at the chance...

🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Sorry man. I don't know you at all, but you seem like a very good person. And sometimes, bad things happen to the best of people. But know that it's only temporary. If you need to talk it out, feel free to send me a private message and I'll be more than happy to help console in any way possible. We all may not know each other here on this forum, but we're all here to help. At least, I know I am. I may not be the best source for help, but I can provide any help that I know of.

Thank you. Will be reaching out to you, having a hard time keeping my composure. Reflecting on all our great past memories these last 6 mos.. im hurt

Just now, ChimpGrip said:

Thank you. Will be reaching out to you, having a hard time keeping my composure. Reflecting on all our great past memories these last 6 mos.. im hurt

It's alright man. I see a lot of these cases, especially being in high school during a time when many couples are being separated. It's happened to some of my best friends and some of my worst enemies. But I'd be there for anyone who needs the help, regardless of gender, age, etc.

2 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

What circumstances led to the breakup? You don't need to go into intimate details, just a general description. Is there a chance the relationship can be repaired? 

Since you seem to be experiencing a great deal of hurt, I assume she was the one that broke up with you. To what extent do you think your actions were to blame? If you think they were, there is nothing wrong or shameful in saying you are sorry, if, indeed, you should be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

What circumstances led to the breakup? You don't need to go into intimate details, just a general description. Is there a chance the relationship can be repaired? 

Since you seem to be experiencing a great deal of hurt, I assume she was the one that broke up with you. To what extent do you think your actions were to blame? If you think they were, there is nothing wrong or shameful in saying you are sorry, if, indeed, you should be. 

And flowers help...lots of flowers!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

And flowers help...lots of flowers!

27 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I'm taking notes for the future. 

Relationships are complex. It helps if you actually care deeply for the other person and were not just attracted to them by looks, the fact they were seen as cool, athleticism, or a host of other more superficial things that will wane with time anyway. 

I am proud to say that my marriage has now lasted over 38 years.  I would be a liar if I said everything was always wine and roses all the time. But we are still together, I don't plan on going anywhere, and I hope she does not either. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Chimp, it’s okay to hurt. Keep moving, rearrange your crib, work out...definitely work out... change gyms if you have to. 
Stay eating healthy, don’t obsess too much, or reflect back too much... give it some time. 

We’re here bro, even the shitheads give a shit and I’m the biggest shithead. 

bgw

The Buford part of you has finally come out. Go Dawgs!

• Haha 2