Grayson QB Del Rio ineligible tonight

Ga96

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is the one that gets the Newton kid... Every single time. He and dad returned to the original residence that they supposedly relinquished in a manner that made their move bona fide. I mean immediately following football season. The kid was posting college recruiting pictures on social media from there. Full of furnishings and definitely not looking like it sat empty for a few months.

Idc what anyone says, they were slick. They played loose with the rules. Grayson may not have known that was what they were going to do, but, idk how hardly any can look at what went down and think that it was all hunky dory. 

Exactly. Taylor should have been made ineligible for spring sports at Newton (which they did) and deemed him ineligible for the previous fall because he never actually completed the bonafide move requirements as written.

21 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Name one instance where it has been interpreted otherwise?

The Newton kid is an example.  A bona fide move is immediately eligible.  IF they move back as he did, AT THAT POINT he becomes a migrant student.  Until they moved back, it was a legal move and he was eligible with no issues.  You cannot make him retroactively ineligible for something that happened after the season ended.

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is the one that gets the Newton kid... Every single time. He and dad returned to the original residence that they supposedly relinquished in a manner that made their move bona fide. I mean immediately following football season. The kid was posting college recruiting pictures on social media from there. Full of furnishings and definitely not looking like it sat empty for a few months.

Idc what anyone says, they were slick. They played loose with the rules. Grayson may not have known that was what they were going to do, but, idk how hardly any can look at what went down and think that it was all hunky dory. 

I can assure you that no one at Grayson was happy about what occurred.  His dad played us all.

The residence was checked every week which is way more than the GHSA requires.  They only require a check before the season starts.  We checked every week because there was so much scrutiny we wanted to be sure we were legit.  So far as the house not looking like they had just moved back, the utilities were turned off.  I don't imagine it takes long to turn them back on so when dad decided to go back he had them turned back on.  I don't know the family dynamics that were in play because mom and sister stayed in Grayson and sister stayed enrolled at Grayson.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fred said:

I can assure you that no one at Grayson was happy about what occurred.  His dad played us all.

The residence was checked every week which is way more than the GHSA requires.  They only require a check before the season starts.  We checked every week because there was so much scrutiny we wanted to be sure we were legit.  So far as the house not looking like they had just moved back, the utilities were turned off.  I don't imagine it takes long to turn them back on so when dad decided to go back he had them turned back on.  I don't know the family dynamics that were in play because mom and sister stayed in Grayson and sister stayed enrolled at Grayson.

Funny you never know the fine details when it looks like Grayson is in the wrong.  But when they have done something right you can post a book about it. LOL

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fred said:

Kudos for exploiting the rule that you claimed didn't exist.

Now that precedent has been set, the GHSA should either change the wording or do away with it all together.

Granting immediate eligibility upon moving while explicitly saying the move must be for one year to fulfill the requirement to gain said immediately eligibility without retroactively enforcing the rule that was broken can not coexist.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

😂

You and mtp two lowends illiterates on a board who can’t remove Marietta’s scrotum from your tonsils.......

Cheating is Cheating Dumbass, now the two of y’all got what they deserved. No more riding around I-285 with your shopping cart gathering players and creating secretarial jobs. Lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Cheating is Cheating Dumbass, now the two of y’all got what they deserved. No more riding around I-285 with your shopping cart gathering players and creating secretarial jobs. Lol

Yea, we cheated in 2017 and it cost us in 2017/2018.

In 2019 Marietta had more hsfb coaches, parents and GHSA officials around the program you’d have thought every practice was a mandatory thing for them to be there. 

Of course, we know how the season ended for both of our teams.......

3CEA459C-ED3D-495D-A6FB-8F6001011FAF.jpeg

48205C7C-AC76-4C1E-8B41-4478FE99705B.jpeg

14 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Funny you never know the fine details when it looks like Grayson is in the wrong.  But when they have done something right you can post a book about it. LOL

Funny how you think everything Grayson does is wrong no matter what.  Equally funny is your willingness to downplay faults in your program or those you support.  Funny how you state as facts things about a program 200+ miles away when you have no idea what the inner workings are.  Funny how your team is 0-2 against Grayson.  Funny how Grayson beat Hoover under two different coaches one of whom was in his second year as a head coach and whom you had nothing positive to say...ever.

13 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Kudos for exploiting the rule that you claimed didn't exist.

Now that precedent has been set, the GHSA should either change the wording or do away with it all together.

Granting immediate eligibility upon moving while explicitly saying the move must be for one year to fulfill the requirement to gain said immediately eligibility without retroactively enforcing the rule that was broken can not coexist.

Your dislike for Grayson colors your understanding.  I can't count the number of times I've said we got screwed by his self serving dad.  I can't count the number of times I've said no one at Grayson was happy about what happened.  Yet you and others continue to say we planned everything and took advantage of the rules.  I can't make you understand that everything was by the book.  When dad moved back, the rules were followed and the son was declared migrant at that point wiping out his ability to play spring sports.  You can't penalize him for the time he followed the rules.  You have a problem with the way the rules were applied take it up with the former Colquitt County official who is now the head of the GHSA.

Ironic that you focus on this and yet vehemently defend your player whi never live in the county.  SMH.

10 minutes ago, Fred said:

Funny how you think everything Grayson does is wrong no matter what.  Equally funny is your willingness to downplay faults in your program or those you support.  Funny how you state as facts things about a program 200+ miles away when you have no idea what the inner workings are.  Funny how your team is 0-2 against Grayson.  Funny how Grayson beat Hoover under two different coaches one of whom was in his second year as a head coach and whom you had nothing positive to say...ever.

Grayson is shady when it comes transfers.  Grayson's all star transfers should beat Hoover.  Tell me some positive things about Hunnicutt. He is known for 2 things players quitting/pulling a  mutiny and underachieving by not winning state.  He was no Jeff Herron.  

Talking about him only being a head coach in his 2nd year the question is why was Grayson only able to hire a rookie unproven coach instead of a proven seasoned winner.  

When Hoover gets beat I'm always on here and admit we got outplayed and outcoached. When Grayson gets beat the FBI could not find a Grayson fan.  Grayson should have 6 state titles in the last decade with the talent they have had.  It's only 194 miles not 200 plus. 

Screenshot_20200912-114452_Maps.jpg

13 minutes ago, Fred said:

Your dislike for Grayson colors your understanding.  I can't count the number of times I've said we got screwed by his self serving dad.  I can't count the number of times I've said no one at Grayson was happy about what happened.  Yet you and others continue to say we planned everything and took advantage of the rules.  I can't make you understand that everything was by the book.  When dad moved back, the rules were followed and the son was declared migrant at that point wiping out his ability to play spring sports.  You can't penalize him for the time he followed the rules.  You have a problem with the way the rules were applied take it up with the former Colquitt County official who is now the head of the GHSA.

Ironic that you focus on this and yet vehemently defend your player whi never live in the county.  SMH.

Grayson's 2016 title is dirty and tainted.  

10 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Grayson's 2016 title is dirty and tainted.  

Common sense should prevail here. I mean Grayson has done this frequently for years and even had an active recruiter. So why so shocked Fred? So prevalent that it’s become now your sister Sweetness does it along with other schools in Metro. It’s poisoned the game. So the old head in the sand model has become jaded. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MTP28 said:

Common sense should prevail here. I mean Grayson has done this frequently for years and even had an active recruiter. So why so shocked Fred? So prevalent that it’s become now your sister Sweetness does it along with other schools in Metro. It’s poisoned the game. So the old head in the sand model has become jaded. 

Name another public school who makes the news as often as Grayson does with Transfers.

4 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Name another public school who makes the news as often as Grayson does with Transfers.

That’s Fred’s deal. Deference is the common thread with Grayson folk. They have done it so long to where when they get busted they plead ignorance to the rules. His sweet sister in Marietta is just about to get the hang of it after stubbing their toe a few times. Can you imagine how difficult it is to keep up with all those backroom deals

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Grayson is shady when it comes transfers.  Grayson's all star transfers should beat Hoover.  Tell me some positive things about Hunnicutt. He is known for 2 things players quitting/pulling a  mutiny and underachieving by not winning state.  He was no Jeff Herron.  

Talking about him only being a head coach in his 2nd year the question is why was Grayson only able to hire a rookie unproven coach instead of a proven seasoned winner.  

When Hoover gets beat I'm always on here and admit we got outplayed and outcoached. When Grayson gets beat the FBI could not find a Grayson fan.  Grayson should have 6 state titles in the last decade with the talent they have had.  It's only 194 miles not 200 plus. 

Screenshot_20200912-114452_Maps.jpg

I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you nor will I disclose internal hiring decisions.  I know who the two finalists were and I know why Christian was chosen.  You would be surprised at who applied for the job.  I am readily available after our losses and don't hide.  Never have, never will.  That's at least one Grayson fan the FBI doesn't have to look for.

Excuse me. 6-7 whole miles difference when we are in a different state.  You still haven't been able to explain the obsession with a program in another state.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fred said:

This coming from a man who is on record as saying changing a kid's grade point average to make him eligible wasn't a big deal because it was only a little change.  Give me a break.

Helping a kid .2 of a point who attended the school his whole life is not the same as having what Grayson pulled off in 2016 with dirty transfers.   One day you may see Grayson have an open investigation in to the football program.

59 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

That’s Fred’s deal. Deference is the common thread with Grayson folk. They have done it so long to where when they get busted they plead ignorance to the rules. His sweet sister in Marietta is just about to get the hang of it after stubbing their toe a few times. Can you imagine how difficult it is to keep up with all those backroom deals

The GHSA has covered for them in the past.  Grayson is still batting .990 on transfers.  If these Atlanta schools got the same treatment as South Georgia etc by the GHSA they would want to stop playing football. 

1 hour ago, MTP28 said:

You still mad your homegrowns got bitchwhacked? Nine month anniversary Monday! I’m sure you’ll commemorate it with many posts. 

5C1E217C-7BD8-436B-8C39-43E54969FD1C.jpeg