Grayson QB Del Rio ineligible tonight

Ga96

Del Rio and his family actually moved to the Grayson area in January. He’s been in school at Grayson since last semester.  Don’t want to dive too deep into his personal stuff, but this is one that should get cleared up in the next week or two. Has nothing to do with his current living situation, though, more along the lines of him attending one school and a “sibling” attending another. They’re lawyered up though and from everything I hear, he will be Grayson’s starting QB very soon.  

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Del Rio and his family actually moved to the Grayson area in January. He’s been in school at Grayson since last semester.  Don’t want to dive too deep into his personal stuff, but this is one that should get cleared up in the next week or two. Has nothing to do with his current living situation, though. 

Shitty grades then?

Damn corona virus ate his homework. 

Maybe Tommie Mars can fix this little hiccup.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Del Rio and his family actually moved to the Grayson area in January. He’s been in school at Grayson since last semester.  Don’t want to dive too deep into his personal stuff, but this is one that should get cleared up in the next week or two. Has nothing to do with his current living situation, though, more along the lines of him attending one school and a “sibling” attending another. They’re lawyered up though and from everything I hear, he will be Grayson’s starting QB very soon.  

Doesn't sound like a complete family move if a sibling is attending another school.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Doesn't sound like a complete family move if a sibling is attending another school.

Rufus>>

Sibling is in quotations, it’s actually not a sibling, but someone that was living under their roof. In fact that other student has already graduated HS and enrolled in a university. It has to do with Del Rio being a junior, and the other student was a senior not wanting to leave before graduation. So Del Rio went to Grayson, and the other stayed at McEachern to graduate

No one has done anything wrong. It’ll get cleared up in a week or two and he will be Grayson’s QB this year

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Yeah I remember the GHSA forcing Krajewski's sibling to move to GA instead of staying to graduate from the school he had been at the previous three seasons.

Eligibility was granted once the remaining family members were living in Moultrie.

15 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Sibling is in quotations, it’s actually not a sibling, but someone that was living under their roof. In fact that other student has already graduated HS and enrolled in a university. It has to do with Del Rio being a junior, and the other student was a senior not wanting to leave before graduation. So Del Rio went to Grayson, and the other stayed at McEachern to graduate

No one has done anything wrong. It’ll get cleared up in a week or two and he will be Grayson’s QB this year

That's interesting that the GHSA would be going to the prior school year to determine eligibility. If the criteria is now satisfied for the current school year, why would it matter. Sounds like the GHSA trying to right a wrong or either you may not have all of the facts.

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

That's interesting that the GHSA would be going to the prior school year to determine eligibility. If the criteria is now satisfied for the current school year, why would it matter. Sounds like the GHSA trying to right a wrong or either you may not have all of the facts.

Perhaps but i Don't think ATL has anything to gain by commenting on it without the facts 

He's not a Grayson fan 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Perhaps but i Don't think ATL has anything to gain by commenting on it without the facts 

He's not a Grayson fan 

Not saying he is wrong. I just don't understand the logic behind the GHSA in this case.

Surprised it would even require an attorney to challenge the GHSA on something that appears to be pretty cut and dry.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Not saying he is wrong. I just don't understand the logic behind the GHSA in this case.

Surprised it would even require an attorney to challenge the GHSA on something that appears to be pretty cut and dry.

Most these state associations make dumb decisions with no logical reasoning behind it 

Just look at FHSAA

• Like 1