Grayson QB Del Rio ineligible tonight

Ga96

1 minute ago, HooverOutlaw said:

If Valdosta has not double checked everything they deserve what they get.

Garcia high profile transfer 

Kids from Colquitt

QB from Atlanta area

Maybe another kid from California played with Garcia

Most of all Rush

All these are going to draw attention Valdosta had to know this. They better have made sure those Colquitt kids are legal. All it takes is one pissed off Colquitt fan or administrator to get the GHSA involved.  The GHSA not enforcing rules in the past AKA Grayson has led to schools taking a chance. 

I bet those Grayson people shit themselves when the ruling came down after so many years of anything goes.

I'm still surprised all these transfer kids never have grade issues. Hoover told that kid from Georgia maybe 2 years ago he did not have enough credits to be a senior in Alabama he ended up in California.

Idk under what pretense Willis could be eligible. The family unit he lived with last season didn't relinquish their home, shut off power, or anything of the sort. Those are hard facts. Cold. 

Rumor had it that when it started looking a lot like Rush was going to be hired at Valdosta, the Sanders' immediately started talking to other kids and offering to make a carpool etc. Not sure how that works and they are actually eligible to play at Valdosta and commute from Moultrie. No idea if that is how they are doing this season or what. The dad helped some other kids with personal training type stuff off site so he had some connections to other kids.I can't confirm anything about the Sanders family moving or not, nor the linebacker that left Colquitt, but, I can definitely confirm the Willis clan has their home in Moultrie still and have not met the bona fide move criteria.

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk under what pretense Willis could be eligible. The family unit he lived with last season didn't relinquish their home, shut off power, or anything of the sort. Those are hard facts. Cold. 

Rumor had it that when it started looking a lot like Rush was going to be hired at Valdosta, the Sanders' immediately started talking to other kids and offering to make a carpool etc. Not sure how that works and they are actually eligible to play at Valdosta and commute from Moultrie. No idea if that is how they are doing this season or what. The dad helped some other kids with personal training type stuff off site so he had some connections to other kids.I can't confirm anything about the Sanders family moving or not, nor the linebacker that left Colquitt, but, I can definitely confirm the Willis clan has their home in Moultrie still and have not met the bona fide move criteria.

In Alabama a bonafide fide move means all of the family and their belongings furniture washer dryer etc.  In Alabama they can't even practice or workout in the weight room till cleared.  That is why some schools film old house and new house with furniture.   

16 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

In Alabama a bonafide fide move means all of the family and their belongings furniture washer dryer etc.  In Alabama they can't even practice or workout in the weight room till cleared.  That is why some schools film old house and new house with furniture.   

Yeah, idk. There are certain other criteria that allow kids to play for a team while living outside of the district. One of their parents have to work a paid position at the receiving school. To some effect, they could have hired one of the Willis kids parents and make the kid eligible that way. I don't think that has happened either, but, it is possible. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, idk. There are certain other criteria that allow kids to play for a team while living outside of the district. On of their parents have to work a paid position at the receiving school. To some effect, they could have hired one of the Willis kids parents and make the kid eligible that way. 

I know for Georgia it varies county by county because city schools and county schools operate in different  systems and different  budgets.... 

You have some schools that are city schools but operate on the county system but Valdosta is not one of them... 

You have some schools that aren't named after a city or county but they are ran by the City systems example:

Sandy Creek HS 

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I know for Georgia it varies county by county because city schools and county schools operate in different  systems and different  budgets.... 

You have some schools that are city schools but operate on the county system but Valdosta is not one of them... 

You have some schools that aren't named after a city or county but they are ran by the City systems example:

Sandy Creek HS 

Well, I'm sure @Sweetlarry can confirm about the recieving school job thing as they had at least one kid whose mom had a job in the same district but not the same school and they had to forfeit some games over him entering the field of play. 

There isn't much gray area. Bona fide move or work for the receiving school. Not the receiving school district, but, literally that school. 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, I'm sure @Sweetlarry can confirm about the recieving school job thing as they had at least one kid whose mom had a job in the same district but not the same school and they had to forfeit some games over him entering the field of play. 

There isn't much gray area. Bona fide move or work for the receiving school. Not the receiving school district, but, literally that school. 

I still think thats stupid... 

His mom works for the same district  but not the same school Atlanta  aint the place to be having rules like that what if the mom couldn't  get on at Marietta and had to work for Walton or Kell?

On 9/9/2020 at 11:23 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

The rules don't have much gray area. They've been tested time after time and generally, a player ruled ineligible will remain ineligible until all the criteria listed in the transfer rules has been met. 

As Rufus said, it does boil down to the AD or receiving administration generally though. They're either honest and forthcoming or they aren't. Krajewski was with the JV until his mom and other brother moved to Moultrie. If I'm not mistaken his mom flew back and forth for her job in Michigan at one point. If the AD's aren't all the way honest and forthcoming, or the parents even lie or try something slick and it gets missed by the AD and a player gets into some games and another school or coach or pissed parent starts digging and figures out there was something amiss, then games get forfeited. 

In this case, seems like maybe McEachern had some issue and reason to raise alarms to something, or someone else did so Grayson had little choice but to ask for a ruling on eligibility while providing all of the correct info. If it had to do with entire family unit not moving, I don't feel bad for them at all, because as I said. our QB a few years back had to play JV until everyone moved to Moultrie and I'm pretty sure his mom literally flew to and from Michigan at times to maintain her career and not give it up so as to make sure he became eligible. 

These kids coming from out of state to Grayson are apparently moving the family unit and doing stuff correctly whilst the Del Rios tried some slick shit and got their card pulled. It's on them and not the GHSA in this instance. All those tweets are garbage because it doesn't matter if you like the transfer rules or not, whether you think kids should be allowed to play sports at three schools simultaneously or anything. The rules are the rules and there just ain't much gray area. 

Why  not just let kids play wherever they want?  for my kids I sure as hell would not let some bitches tell me where I can and can't let my kids play.  Adults always getting in the way of kids enjoying a game they love.  Stupid do do dumb.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Why  not just let kids play wherever they want?  for my kids I sure as hell would not let some bitches tell me where I can and can't let my kids play.  Adults always getting in the way of kids enjoying a game they love.  Stupid do do dumb.

These are public schools for the most part and operate from tax proceeds from property taxes of the people actually living in that district for one thing. 

The rules are designed to protect the tax payers that support a school system and to maintain a level of fair play and operations between all of the member schools. These schools all have voted for and accepted the rules and bylaws. That's why it's almost always cut and dried. 

The only people that bitch about the transfer rules are the ones trying to circumvent them somehow, normally slick parents. 

No "bitches" would be telling you shit about where your kids "can" play. What they will tell you is there is a structure designed to allow your kid to play wherever the hell you want as long as you move to the district. 

Do you view other rules with this same view? No bitches are going to tell me I can't get loaded and drive to San Fran and dance naked in the couthouse in front of whoever I want! Nobody! It's stupid do do dumb! xD

58 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, idk. There are certain other criteria that allow kids to play for a team while living outside of the district. One of their parents have to work a paid position at the receiving school. To some effect, they could have hired one of the Willis kids parents and make the kid eligible that way. I don't think that has happened either, but, it is possible. 

I think the kid's parents could "divorce" for 6 months.  Then have a reconciliation for tax purposes in January.

Lots of things could be happening.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

11 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I think the kid's parents could "divorce" for 6 months.  Then have a reconciliation for tax purposes in January.

Lots of things could be happening.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

Well, if only one of them had moved or whatever. They were both still together two weeks ago in their same abode from last year. 

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I still think thats stupid... 

His mom works for the same district  but not the same school Atlanta  aint the place to be having rules like that what if the mom couldn't  get on at Marietta and had to work for Walton or Kell?

Then he had to play at the school he was originally eligible at, the one which he actually lived in the school district for, or the exact one his mom works at. 

5 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Where are the bulldogs fans at ? They offered Jacurri yesterday. He won't be going there but they did offer. As the case is with most kids in south Ga and uga its too little too late.

Too little too late?

UGA has many of the top 2021in state kids committed currently, and hoping to land at least a couple more in Amarius Mims and Smael Mondon.

Honestly, he would be more of an athlete at UGA. Without significant improvement throwing the ball, I'd be skeptical of him starting at QB for my Dawgs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Correct. The only person I know within the GHSA told me that the rule was set up to avoid district moves, not individual entities. 

For instance, if a kids Mom works at JJ Daniel (COBB MS, Sprayberry feeder) they didn’t want them going to Walton or another school. Where it’s gets screwy is they don’t allow any feeder schools, which is silly. If my Wife teaches at JJ Daniel why can’t my kid participate at Sprayberry? That is just fucking stupid. 

We are talking about the GHSA though, so they do as they see fit and will amend rules on the fly to appease those they want to. 

It’s wild, but it is what it is. 

12 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

How is this possible. 

9th grade tift 9th grade.

We have 3 middle schools but 2 play together after 6th grade so they are called north lowndes. They beat Valdosta middle 8th today. Its on Viking touchdown club Facebook page. I got a nephew on Lowndes 9th and another on hahira/north Lowndes 8th grade. 

22 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

How is this possible. 

Our 9th grade punter is the best punter on the team and it isn't even close. Kid kicked 2 60+ and another 50+. Not sure how familiar you are with coach page but its his so Carson. Watched that kid grow up since he was able to walk.

5 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Our 9th grade punter is the best punter on the team and it isn't even close. Kid kicked 2 60+ and another 50+

Looks like Colquitt's 9th grade game against Coffee never really got off the ground due to lightning.

No matter....most of our 9th graders are currently functioning as our Varsity.

So....what else is new?

Rufus>>

• Like 1

Just now, Rufus69 said:

Looks like Colquitt's 9th grade game against Coffee never really got off the ground due to lightning.

No matter....most of our 9th graders are currently functioning as our Varsity.

So....what else is new?

Rufus>>

You guys had a couple of kids that were already 6ft in the 8th are they still playing ? They played on the travel team also. There was a couple of good qbs as well.