Are aliens real? Yes or no?

ChimpGrip

3 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Yay or nay?

Let me rephrase the question: Is there intelligent life elsewhere? I would answer that with a resounding yes. It just stands to reason there would be.

Now if the first question was: Have aliens been spotted on planet Earth? I am not sure what the answer to that is. Maybe, but there is no conclusive evidence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Let me rephrase the question: Is there intelligent life elsewhere? I would answer that with a resounding yes. It just stands to reason there would be.

I don't think there is intelligent life here. 

Now if the first question was: Have aliens been spotted on planet Earth? I am not sure what the answer to that is. Maybe, but there is no conclusive evidence. 

I'll say no. 

Distances are too far and all species die off eventually.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I don't think there is intelligent life here. 

Sadly, I am inclined to agree with you!

I'll say no. 

Distances are too far and all species die off eventually.

I take issue with the above. Who knows what kind of technology advanced aliens may have? We also don't know their degree of wisdom. Life's species here on earth have tended to die off both because of changes in climate and habitat, and, just as importantly, the fact that Earth's species have tended to overextend their consumption and growth during good times, thus leading to shortages of resources critical for their survival. But it is not clear to me that the latter need be so.

If humans possessed more wisdom (as distinct from being clever) we could probably sustain human life here on Earth to buy us enough time to colonize (settle) other planets. However, there is scant chance of that happening, for as you conclude above, we are probably not "intelligent life" in the strictest sense of the word. Thus, we are probably destined (doomed) to self destruct before nature would have taken its course millions of years into the future. 

It is a sad reflection on where we are as as species. Perhaps, someday, some alien life form, will spend countless hours researching the demise of life here on earth in an effort to determine what this rather primitive species with promise did wrong. 

The Babylon Bee...

Scientists Walk Back 'Life On Venus' Claims After Revelation It Was Just An Unborn Baby
September 15th, 2020

article-7011-3.jpg

U.S.—Astronomers claiming to have detected signs of life on Venus were forced to walk back their claims after it was revealed that the supposed "life" was actually just an unborn human baby in an incubation pod left there by an unknown civilization.

"False alarm, everybody -- it's just a fetus. No life here," said one NASA researcher as a probe sent back images of the preborn human in a glass tube. The unborn baby is clearly seen kicking, sucking his thumb, and flipping around in his artificial womb. The researcher pounded his fist on the desk. "We were so close! Back to the telescope."

"We were really excited at first," said astronomer Dr. Edward Adama. "We thought we had found some phosphine gas, which might be a byproduct of organisms, which could potentially mean that life may or may not exist on Venus. But instead, we just found this dumb baby, which is clearly not alive."

"Sad!"

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

If they’ve been spotted on Earth is an interesting question. Could one take the form of a human being while here? You’d think of all the extraterrestrial sightings that at least one had to be real. 

And yes it’s possible intelligent life is out there somewhere. It is fascinating to think about what their world might look like. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

lets just hope they are peaceful

The odds are slim and nil. Find me anything in teh universe that does not take whatever energy it needs from another. 

From black holes feeding on stars to man eating steaks. 

I was glad when I learned that at least Stephen Hawking got this and advocated against advertising that were were here. 

• Like 1