Lowndes 37 Oakleaf(FL)17 Final

Ga96

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

3,2,1 Nolebob813......bet?

Eh, as a FL guy I get his annoyance.

The best teams in GA tend to be in the south, while the best teams in north FL tend to be okay - but generally don't populate the high end of FL teams.

Oakleaf's okay, they went 7-3 last year.

Lowndes was 14-1 and lost 17-9 in the GA 7A Title Game.

The schools are pretty close, a little over 100 miles apart, but it's a game that doesn't make a ton of sense and the outcome is essentially a predetermined blowout.

Camden County (GA) vs. Raines (FL) is a lot more understandable. Those schools are 35 miles apart. That kind of game at least makes some kind of sense.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DownSouth said:

The best teams in GA tend to be in the south, while the best teams in north FL tend to be okay - but generally don't populate the high end of FL teams.

The schools are pretty close, a little over 100 miles apart, but it's a game that doesn't make a ton of sense and the outcome is essentially a predetermined blowout.

Camden County (GA) vs. Raines (FL) is a lot more understandable. Those schools are 35 miles apart. That kind of game at least makes some kind of sense.

It’s mostly about money. GA teams gave the money to entice bad FL teams to come up and trade ass whoopings for money. Bayside was one of the worst teams in Florida high school history, and they got $25,000 to come play Lowndes for 2 years.

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It’s mostly about money. GA teams gave the money to entice bad FL teams to come up and trade ass whoopings for money. Bayside was one of the worst teams in Florida high school history, and they got $25,000 to come play Lowndes for 2 years.

Yea, I remember that Bayside set of games. 

Without looking it up I recall one score being something like 61-0 while Bayside went 0-10 both seasons they played Lowndes.

Hard to believe they couldn't have just paid some 4A GA team to come take that ass whipping instead.

• HawgGoneIt changed the title to Lowndes 37 Oakleaf(FL)17 Final
6 minutes ago, DownSouth said:

Without looking it up I recall one score being something like 61-0 while Bayside went 0-10 both seasons they played Lowndes.

Hard to believe they couldn't have just paid some 4A GA team to come take that ass whipping instead.

International School of Broward would have been 1A in Georgia and they played Colquitt, Buford, Lowndes and Grayson. Insanity 

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

International School of Broward would have been 1A in Georgia and they played Colquitt, Buford, Lowndes and Grayson. Insanity 

yeah, I really didn't like seeing that school in Moultrie, but, it did work out in a way that they profited nicely. 

There really are some teams that shouldn't be scheduling a Colquitt, Lowndes or Grayson. I was a little sick watching the Banneker team tonight. I think they had negative yards for the game. Idk. They may have crept out to the positive late. 

59 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

yeah, I really didn't like seeing that school in Moultrie, but, it did work out in a way that they profited nicely. 

There really are some teams that shouldn't be scheduling a Colquitt, Lowndes or Grayson. I was a little sick watching the Banneker team tonight. I think they had negative yards for the game. Idk. They may have crept out to the positive late. 

I will say this. QB for Oakleaf (Simmons) is a baller. Kid can play. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DownSouth said:

They did this year and... well.....  45-0 at the half...last week... 

But no some of it has to do with distance as well....  Oakleaf is closer to Lowndes than most of these 4A schools you'd rather have them play...  

4 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

I will say this. QB for Oakleaf (Simmons) is a baller. Kid can play. 

Definitely, I was impressed with him when I saw him last year 

Probably why several players in Duval county transferred to play with him

What was your thoughts on their RB? I thought he was impressive when I saw him last year

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

that being said  I'd rather see Lowndes play someone else as well but I'm not in charge of scheduling  and with all this Corona Caused confusion.... I think you should take what you can get... Lowndes already had some teams pull out on them that they had to replace... 

Lee county plays Lowndes next week.

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Definitely, I was impressed with him when I saw him last year 

Probably why several players in Duval county transferred to play with him

What was your thoughts on their RB? I thought he was impressive when I saw him last year

If it was #4 (Grey), he was pretty good. Lowndes solid against the run and he only had about 50 yds. 

Simmons was 21/32 for 319 yds and a TD, 20 c for 33 yds and another TD. Did have 2 int though. 

They had another kid who was impressive though WR #7 (Anthony) 12 catches 179 yds and a TD. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

If it was #4 (Grey), he was pretty good. Lowndes solid against the run and he only had about 50 yds. 

Simmons was 21/32 for 319 yds and a TD, 20 c for 33 yds and another TD. Did have 2 int though. 

They had another kid who was impressive though WR #7 (Anthony) 12 catches 179 yds and a TD. 

I know coach is trying to get multiple players rotated in but it bothers me seeing #18 out their at corner. He may be better at safety or just on special teams. We need our freshman Carson page. He is a lot better than the starting punter.

6 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Judging teams on a national level all the time is why when these games come up nobody has a clue who they are 

I always look at teams from a state level and go from there 

This is not a state level board. And this is a topic/discussion I recall taking issue over with you about 4 years ago.

If you want to go on the FLHS Football site and say Oakleaf is pretty good, for their area - okay.

Don't come on a national thread and start saying they're good and the best in their entire big city - it does a disservice in helping others understand the level of play (not everybody understands that Jacksonville rarely has more than 1-3 teams worth much of anything even on a state level, and it took you more than 10 posts to articulate that) of the team you're talking about.

They were 7-3 last season, albeit with 3 close losses: 2 points to Columbia (8-4), 1 point to Mandarin (7-4), and 7 to Bartram Trail (11-1). All of your posts are muddying the water; Nolebull is usually a bit frantic when trying to explain why a moderately good state team isn't good nationally...but he's right - this is a national board. On a national level Oakleaf does not exist, they don't register, they are not good. 

If a NJ poster were to see STA vs. Oakleaf and ask me if Oakleaf was good, I'd tell them no, they don't belong on the same field as STA and they're going to lose by 40. - If we're on a FL site, sure, I'll give them some credit and talk about how they're one of the better teams in their area and can maybe win a playoff game this season...after losing to STA by 40.

Instead of being combative, take in your surroundings. You're not explaining this team to someone that lives down the street from Tarpon Springs, or Miami Palmetto, or Palm Beach Gardens. You're explaining this to people from across the country that do not know the particulars of FL football when it's broken down to small pockets.

Nationally, Oakleaf is nothing. Start on the national level on a national board.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DownSouth said:

Whatever he wrote was probably exactly what he wrote in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.....it hurts him too much.

It's like who really gives a shit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

....that applies to 99.6% of Florida including Columbia high school.

All ive ever heard about florida hsfb is the Miami area Ft Lauderdale area Lakeland even Plantation. Nolegirl must have lost his mind last year when lowndes stumped miami northwestern

11 hours ago, georgiagator1 said:

Yeah grey was the kid 

He a sophomore I believe

• Like 1