North Gwinnett

Wildcat Will

5 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

You forget what Ikust posted.

Match ups are what win games. North did not have the advantage in certain positions and that contributed more than the play of any one player.

I would say that NG had the advantage at most positions in the game about Lovejoy but we couldn't get the job done. Major, major credit to Lovejoy. They deserve the win. I'm not even mad because we deserve that loss too. Serves as a wake-up call that we aren't invincible. 

Just now, ngdawg said:

I would say that NG had the advantage at most positions in the game about Lovejoy but we couldn't get the job done. Major, major credit to Lovejoy. They deserve the win. I'm not even mad because we deserve that loss too. Serves as a wake-up call that we aren't invincible. 

Bro NG got caught slipping that’s all

when was last time LoveJoy won a state championship 

on a national level They are irrelevant 

• Like 1

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Yes, we got caught being overconfident. I hope that awakens something within us that pushes us towards excellence. We needed to lose in order to win.

40 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

They aren't relevant on the state level either.

SportsNut... err I mean Wildcat Willy, will claim otherwise. There irrelevance will remain once they go back to losing next Friday.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

SportsNut... err I mean Wildcat Willy, will claim otherwise. There irrelevance will remain once they go back to losing next Friday.

It'll be like North Cobb in 2014. Mainly irrelevant but known for upsetting 2nd-ranked North Gwinnett at home.

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Then you would know. Our QBs have a history of being pretty good and this guy is NOT it. He has consistently missed slants and outs all year long. Our backup QB could have beat Lovejoy 21-19. But no, we were so confident in our current QB that we never gave our 6 foot 2 backup a chance. 

That’s a pretty strange statement. You don’t know what would have happened with your back up QB. Don’t be that guy. You play your schedule with who you have and live with the decisions your coach makes. That’s football. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

That’s a pretty strange statement. You don’t know what would have happened with your back up QB. Don’t be that guy. You play your schedule with who you have and live with the decisions your coach makes. That’s football. 

Our backup QB is a wildcat QB. That fits for us, a team that loves to pound it on the ground. However, that backup can also throw deep and accurate, which is what we need on the later downs. He has a pretty good frame compared to our current QB. I don't understand why he's not playing. He doesn't have character issues either.

7 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Too critical? It's not just me that has this view. We have a standard for QBs at North, and unless miracles happen, our current one isn't living up to it. He's great in practice but can't play in primetime from what I've heard. I don't know what you think about NG, but we don't tolerate home losses and poor performances. These standards weren't set by me, they were set by the community.

Yes you are. The kids are giving their all and doing the best they can. 

29 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

Yes you are. The kids are giving their all and doing the best they can. 

I've seen when kids give their all. I've seen when kids don't. Trust me, it's not that hard to tell the difference. We have 3-star receivers dropping wide open slants for example. That's not giving it anything. 

35 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I've seen when kids give their all. I've seen when kids don't. Trust me, it's not that hard to tell the difference. We have 3-star receivers dropping wide open slants for example. That's not giving it anything. 

I saw on twitter people were blaming the lovejoy loss on the NG band. Said the band has got to play louder and with more passion.  One guy even posted that members of the band were smoking wacky weed  and drinking cheap beer during the game.  

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

North simply got beat.  Lovejoy was the better team. Their D totally controlled NG.  North could not cover the Lovejoy WR's.  Lovejoy's 2 touchdowns were scored by a sophomore RB. 

Lovejoy fought from start to finish and they  are today  the talk of the state.

How are your girls BB gonna beat this year? 

18 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I saw on twitter people were blaming the lovejoy loss on the NG band. Said the band has got to play louder and with more passion.  One guy even posted that members of the band were smoking wacky weed  and drinking cheap beer during the game.  

Quite the contrary. Our student section doesn't yell or cheer at all and it was evident last night. We started the night with a full student section and by the time we went down 12-7, only about 15 people were remaining. We played songs after every down, which was very unusual (since we never are on the brink of losing at home). It was probably the loudest we've been since the 2017 Colquitt County game. But to no avail. Lovejoy barely got the ball over the pylon and won.

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Quite the contrary. Our student section doesn't yell or cheer at all and it was evident last night. We started the night with a full student section and by the time we went down 12-7, only about 15 people were remaining. We played songs after every down, which was very unusual (since we never are on the brink of losing at home). It was probably the loudest we've been since the 2017 Colquitt County game. But to no avail. Lovejoy barely got the ball over the pylon and won.

My advice would be wait till halftime before smoking that devil's lettuce.

The Colquitt fans said when they played for the state title at NG it smelled like a grateful dead or Willie Nelson concert as soon as they stepped out of their cars.  They were selling rolling papers at the concession stand but said the band got most of them by halftime. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Not going to say that Lovejoy is relevant to anyone outside the program. We are not concerned with your thoughts of us.