Orthodox Jews in NYC

AztecPadre

1 hour ago, Binko_Binks said:

Would you be fine if the race was changed from Orthodox Jews to say Black or Mexican?

If this thread was titled Blacks in NYC or Mexicans in NYC would you be ok with the direction of this thread?

this is a false equivalency 

If the thread said Bloods or Los Zetas I'd be fine with it. Still a false equivalency but a much more accurate comparison.  I am Christian and I have no problem calling out the problems the religious right. I refer to the radical Muslims all the time, never just Muslims. UI never onec referanced the fact that they are Jewish, that part is not of relevance, it is this sects actions.  But you still have not ansewed my question, what is the politically correct way to reference this horrid group? 

You are doing what they do all day long, blaming the victims by painting them something they are not. Distracting from the real conversation. You are part of the problem. 

It's pretty obvious you know zero about this group because I don't know a single person who knows them that will defend this group of goth wannabes. 

Answer my question, how does one talk about this group without being labeled a racist? 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Out here where I live I have never seen an Orthodox Jew. 

I don't mind seeing them although many folks can't stand to even see them. 

It's just a bad cult. Because they are associated with a religion that has traditionally been persecuted no one can call them out. It's a great tactic which they "work." 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

But you still have not ansewed my question, what is the politically correct way to reference this horrid group? 

Answer my question, how does one talk about this group without being labeled a racist? 

address them as individuals, and stop trying to hold the group accountable for the actions of the individual, even if those actions are illustrated by a majority within the group

hope this helps....

👍

17 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I do not believe anybody said all of them.  As a matter of fact, the topic of the thread was the NYC area that is at odds with these folk.  Stop trying to start something, where there is nothing to start. 

he has had no answer to my simple question. I am more than willing to be politically correct about this. How does one refer to this sect without getting sidelined by accusation  

• Thanks 1

Just now, noonereal said:

no it does not 

think about it this way, your biggest issue is the way "they" work the system....

(not that you can't handle how they dress)

well then change the system that is obviously broken....

If you don't like having a whole town living out of wedlock so that both parents can collect from the welfare system.

then don't promote or offer that incentive...

simple....

PS: you don't even have to refer to any "group" whe discussing such pet peeve topics, as that leaves you open for sounding as bad as you do....

Do you think you got it yet, or do you need more ?

28 minutes ago, noonereal said:

this is a false equivalency 

Ok how about this.....

27 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I don't mind seeing them (black folk FIFY)although many folks can't stand to even see them. 

It's just a bad cult. Because they are associated with a religion (skin color) that has traditionally been persecuted no one can call them out. It's a great tactic which they "work." 

Do you see any equivalencies?

🤔

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

logic eludes you I see 

You mean you don’t think that “black group” plays the victim card in the same fashion?

not willing to recognize any similarities ?

what great logic leads you to that conclusion....

btw: actual logic does not elude me.....it’s eluding your posts instead.

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

I do not believe anybody said all of them.  As a matter of fact, the topic of the thread was the NYC area that is at odds with these folk.  Stop trying to start something, where there is nothing to start. 

Go back a read the post about how THEY smell or how THEY work the system. Who is they? By reading his post I am to believe THEY all stink and THEY all cheat the system.

by your name I’m going to guess your Hispanic. I know your a DLS fan so I’m going to guess you live in CA. I’ll go out on a limb and guess Mexican? I know for a fact you have heard THOSE dirty Mexicans or all THEY can do is work the fields. Are you ok with this?

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

he has had no answer to my simple question. I am more than willing to be politically correct about this. How does one refer to this sect without getting sidelined by accusation  

I did answer you sir. I said call them whatever you want too. If you want to lump ALL Orthodox Jews as stinky bad neighbors who cheat the system be my guest. 

News flash I have a couple of bad neighbors as well. I have no idea what religion or race they are. 

21 minutes ago, Binko_Binks said:

Go back a read the post about how THEY smell or how THEY work the system. Who is they? By reading his post I am to believe THEY all stink and THEY all cheat the system.

by your name I’m going to guess your Hispanic. I know your a DLS fan so I’m going to guess you live in CA. I’ll go out on a limb and guess Mexican? I know for a fact you have heard THOSE dirty Mexicans or all THEY can do is work the fields. Are you ok with this?

Half Mexican half Sicilian.  I've heard all the the shit.  However, in this case we are talking about a part of a religious group.  Not all of them.  It was would like talking about the Mexican cartels or gangs on a specific Mob family.  I orginally started this to get info on the NYC area Orthodox jews since I am not familiar with them and I kept reading about all these issues with them in NYC.  Now, he we were to say ALL Jews or ALL Orthodox jews, then I would have a prob.  I was simply asking about the specific folks in NYC that are in the news.  Nothing more, nothing less. What others think or say is on them and they can respond to their words.  My .02

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Binko_Binks said:

I did answer you sir. I said call them whatever you want too. If you want to lump ALL Orthodox Jews as stinky bad neighbors who cheat the system be my guest 

Astute point. Being prejudiced is not illegal and everyone has a right to their own preferences.   

Rest assured there are as many in every group that thinks the the same of the other.   

Issues only come into play when people think their own preferences give them some right to treat others differently or apply inappropriate actions to their own beliefs.   

I hear from some black people that they think they have some justified right to hold grudges against whites as they have been adversely affected by some with that color.  No one real is now claiming that same right, yet somehow fails to see the similarity 

typical

😏

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Half Mexican half Sicilian.  I've heard all the the shit.  However, in this case we are talking about a part of a religious group.  Not all of them.  It was would like talking about the Mexican cartels or gangs on a specific Mob family.  I orginally started this to get info on the NYC area Orthodox jews since I am not familiar with them and I kept reading about all these issues with them in NYC.  Now, he we were to say ALL Jews or ALL Orthodox jews, then I would have a prob.  I was simply asking about the specific folks in NYC that are in the news.  Nothing more, nothing less. What others think or say is on them and they can respond to their words.  My .02

It’s an entire sect....

that is like saying you can catholic bash because you are not referring to all Christians 🙄

Just For your reference as you are unfamiliar 🤷‍♂️

On 11/25/2020 at 1:14 PM, AztecPadre said:

Could Binko_Binks possibly be ....

Blocko_Block

🤔

• Haha 2

On 11/25/2020 at 3:51 PM, Mag44 said:

You've lived near them, you tell us...

On 11/25/2020 at 10:13 PM, AztecPadre said:

Uh I specifically said in my posts I've never seen one much less live near them. Actually I did see some. On the Sopranos. 

When one doesn’t visit this sewer for a while one forgets just how incredibly stupid people can be.

• Haha 2