Rand Paul with a powerful message

Nolebull813

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I've already addressed this.

But you don't care about facts.

You said something stupid and are now lying about it.

So if you think that the start date has relevance....how you just toss away any other relevant dates is priceless šŸ’©.....as in nobody is buying the hypocrisy šŸ¤“

šŸæ

Btw. You are posting all spastic flinching repeatedly again, and appear to be stuck on your famous chorus of ā€œlies all liesā€....try and mix it up a bit will ya. Ā Ā 

7 hours ago, concha said:

Ā 

Trump is no longer in office and can therefore not be removed from office.

The purpose of impeachment is to remove from office.

So please explain why this farce continues?

Ā 

Ā 

To prevent your Orange Father God Treasonous Insurrectionist from running again?

I know itā€™s complicated.Ā 
Ā 

bgw

concha will not read.

Opinion: Yes, ex-presidents can be impeached

Their theory ā€” that impeachment applies only to sitting officials ā€” is not beyond the pale. But it runs against the weight of scholarship, historical practice and common sense. Many Republicans may be embracing the theory nonetheless because it gives them an excuse to avoid any responsibility: They do not have to condone the former presidentā€™s incitement of the Jan. 6 Capitol invasion, but they also do not have to anger his supporters. Put briefly: They continue to indulge Mr. Trumpā€™s toxic influence on their party.

There have been so few impeachments over the course of U.S. history that major issues such as this remain unsettled. But the Congressional Research ServiceĀ notesĀ that the nationā€™s Founders appeared to accept that former officials could be impeached for their conduct in office, as they could be in the British tradition. Decades later, while sitting in the House, former president John Quincy AdamsĀ declared, ā€œI hold myself, so long as I have the breath of life in my body, amenable to impeachment by this House for everything I did during the time I held any public office.ā€ In 1876, the House impeached former secretary of war William Belknap, who had resigned just before impeachment proceedings could begin. Both the House and Senate debated whether Mr. Belknap could be impeached and tried, and both chambers agreed he could be.

The Belknap affair highlights two crucial points. First, it would be illogical if Congress could impeach and punish only sitting officials, because then those officials could simply resign to escape any consequences, such as being barred from serving in federal office again. Officials at the very end of their terms also could engage in flagrant behavior without fear of punishment.

Second, absent clear constitutional instructions, Congress itself has wide authority to interpret the boundaries of the impeachment powers vested exclusively in the legislative branch of government. No outside authority has bound senators to a specific, implausible reading of the Constitution. Given that Congress may deem it essential ā€” now or later ā€” to bar an individual from federal office, it would be unwise for senators to set a precedent today that would hollow their authority in the future. Senators can and should proceed to the question of whether Mr. Trump should be convicted, and they each should take a stand on the merits.

Some might conclude that barring Mr.Ā Trump from office could make him a martyr and do more harm than good. If so, they should be prepared to explain how they would deter future such depredations, with censure being the most obvious, minimally acceptable alternative response to Jan. 6. What they should not do is dodge, weave and try to move along as though nothing happened.

In the much larger picture.

....the donaldĀ being booted from twitterĀ is impeachment enough for me!

That man almost destroyed a country from a social mediaĀ website built for kids and stuff. You know hard that is to do?

...crying chuck never read trump twitter either...so there's that too.

In fact..... none of the sheep here ever read trump twitter. I did. So I can call myself a trump twitter expert.