How long should it take, to revive a program from previous relevance?

Old Rabid One

I got to thinking the other night, and it nearly blew my minds. Should a program give a coach carte blanche for however long it takes, if he has a good track record? Or is there a finite number of seasons, to GETRDONE? Case in point in Colquitt's neighborhood, is Worth Co. In the fairly recent past, they ran with the big dogs of Georgia, in their classification! But lately, they have been virtually a laughing stock in SOWEGA! But a coupla seasons ago, they hired Coach Ironsides from Hill Grove! Who at times, has been formidable in GHSA 7A! What say you, about the time he should be given?

4 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

A lot of variables. Too many to give a stock answer. The biggest two being talent and financial support.

WELL, YOU of all people on this heah board, should be able to give the definitive answer about a Hill Grove coach, since he plied his wares five miles from Mayretter!

3 hours ago, Old Rabid One said:

WELL, YOU of all people on this heah board, should be able to give the definitive answer about a Hill Grove coach, since he plied his wares five miles from Mayretter!

I didn’t follow local football when he took over at hillgrove. I was still mobile for work and helped at Bingham winning titles in Utah, so it’s tough to say. 

So I’ll ask, is it a situation where he has talent that needs coaching up? No talent? Financial support? Community backing? Are they willing to do what they need to do, like cc was with rush? 

Again, a lot of variables that factor into answering your query. 

25 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I didn’t follow local football when he took over at hillgrove. I was still mobile for work and helped at Bingham winning titles in Utah, so it’s tough to say. 

So I’ll ask, is it a situation where he has talent that needs coaching up? No talent? Financial support? Community backing? Are they willing to do what they need to do, like cc was with rush? 

I think Worth can have a run at their level every now and then when they have a run of athletes. Other than that, they don't have the financial backing to build a program. 

10 hours ago, Old Rabid One said:

I got to thinking the other night, and it nearly blew my minds. Should a program give a coach carte blanche for however long it takes, if he has a good track record? Or is there a finite number of seasons, to GETRDONE? Case in point in Colquitt's neighborhood, is Worth Co. In the fairly recent past, they ran with the big dogs of Georgia, in their classification! But lately, they have been virtually a laughing stock in SOWEGA! But a coupla seasons ago, they hired Coach Ironsides from Hill Grove! Who at times, has been formidable in GHSA 7A! What say you, about the time he should be given?

Really depends how much funny money a program has in order to buy more Transfers 

52 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Really depends how much funny money a program has in order to buy more Transfers 

There is some truth to that....but it really doesn't take "funny money".  Lime Sink prefers to call it...as Wright Bazemore did...."creative hiring practices".

And...an absolute necessity...you gotta have the support of the Methodists.  Without that...an HC has no chance to succeed.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

AAAAH, UTAH! Their state runners up, the Jordan Beetdiggers, came to DEATH VALLEY two years in a row! And the first trip, they stunned the Wildcats 21-13, as Valdosta finished 1-9!

5 hours ago, Old Rabid One said:

AAAAH, UTAH! Their state runners up, the Jordan Beetdiggers, came to DEATH VALLEY two years in a row! And the first trip, they stunned the Wildcats 21-13, as Valdosta finished 1-9!

With their third string QB and their three best kids suspended. And they lost in the quarters, nit state runners up. 

Then valdosta bitched out on the return trip and didn’t fly west. 

Bingham, corner canyon and them aren’t afraid of valdosta. 

2 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

With their third string QB and their three best kids suspended. And they lost in the quarters, nit state runners up. 

Everybody is afraid of Lowndes.....

Rufus>>

18 hours ago, Old Rabid One said:

Replicate DBP, with Greg Toal and an administrationthat really wanted it..

12 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

I think that ole money in Poulan, would strive to GETRDONE, if the right man were put in place! Because dems my relatives in Worth county! And they are hell bent for leather, to get back to the ole glory days, of former LSU Tiger, Robert Toomer! Worth County ALWAYS has the talent, just like almost every other team in SOWEGA! It just has to be coached up.

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

NO, NO, NO, these were both buy out games! Valdosta has only traveled ONCE OOS, in HISTORY, outside of Columbia once, and to Doak Campbell Stadium to play Peter Tom Willis and Tallahassee Leon in 1986! I TRIED to pray for Leon, but alas, it fell upon deaf ear lobs!! And THAT waaaay OOS was to the GEICO Challenge, where they were pitted against a vastly more talented Chandler Ariz. team, who recruits Phoenix!

12 hours ago, Iletteredintrack said:

I think Worth can have a run at their level every now and then when they have a run of athletes. Other than that, they don't have the financial backing to build a program. 

They have the backing of the Old Rabid One and relatives, refinery and distillery in Poulan!

23 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

WHO did they beat? Certainly no one SOUTH of the NORTH!

Mnatee, Prattville,Mission Viejo, DLS, St Iggy,inOhio, J.C Curtis, from NO,SJP from Philadelphia ...16-1 ain't bad....Later, with mediocre teams beats STA twice..

On 5/6/2021 at 4:03 PM, Sweetlarry said:

I don't think anybody is afraid of the Mildcats! But they sure as shit need to be afraid of the top tier of 7A! Cause they walk through the valley of the shadow of death, and fear NO evil! Cause they are the baddest sumbitches in the valley!🤬