Prayers to Condo residents in Miami

imaGoodBoyNow

10 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Pretty fucked. 24 hour window has passed. At this point I cant see many, if any more rescues. The rest will be recoveries at this point.

It’s a fucked situation, u can’t just start removing debris cause something can shift and definitely kill any survivors , you gotta  carefully remove shit , and engineers gotta come in and make sure the other buildings aren’t gonna collapse as well

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

It’s a fucked situation, u can’t just start removing debris cause something can shift and definitely kill any survivors , you gotta  carefully remove shit , and engineers gotta come in and make sure the other buildings aren’t gonna collapse as well

It’s damn near impossible…and heartbreaking 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

There’s also been fires. Water used to fight it is added weight on the structure as well and contributes to the instability. Lots of factors to deal with. I seriously doubt there are any survivors left in there at this point. 

5 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

There’s also been fires. Water used to fight it is added weight on the structure as well and contributes to the instability. Lots of factors to deal with. I seriously doubt there are any survivors left in there at this point. 

Idk dude , I’ve heard stories of people surviving from the 80th floor on the WTC, I’m sure there’s a couple lives ,

I hope this was a vacation condo for most of residents  so it wasn’t fully occupied , because that’s a large amount for of missing people when their only claiming 5-6 deaths right now

17 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Idk dude , I’ve heard stories of people surviving from the 80th floor on the WTC, I’m sure there’s a couple lives ,

I hope this was a vacation condo for most of residents  so it wasn’t fully occupied , because that’s a large amount for of missing people when their only claiming 5-6 deaths right now

It’s a matter of time. Air pockets. Injuries etc. 24 hours is the critical time frame. Anything beyond that is really rare.

In total, twenty survivors were pulled out of the rubble. The final survivor, Port Authority secretary Genelle Guzman-McMillan, was rescued 27 hours after the collapse of the North Tower.[26]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_and_recovery_effort_after_the_September_11_attacks_on_the_World_Trade_Center#Search_and_rescue_efforts

7 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Didn’t follow the story much yesterday, just looked to get an update. Looks like they recovered 4 more bodies, death toll is now at 9. Sounds like they got the fire under control. But this is going to be a long terrible process.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wpbf.com/amp/article/surfside-miami-building-collapse-death-toll/36854559

I saw pictures, all the floors are layered onto like a pancake, it didn’t collapse where columns   Would create pockets where some people wouldn’t get crushed, by the pictures I see no pockets just Flat floors stacked onto of each other , gonna be high death total unfortunately 

55 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Didn’t follow the story much yesterday, just looked to get an update. Looks like they recovered 4 more bodies, death toll is now at 9. Sounds like they got the fire under control. But this is going to be a long terrible process.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wpbf.com/amp/article/surfside-miami-building-collapse-death-toll/36854559

Can you imagine these lawsuits, they knew early 2000s it was sinking, and in 2018 they were told foundation was fucked up and would need to pay 9Mil to fix foundation Slab

18 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Can you imagine these lawsuits, they knew early 2000s it was sinking, and in 2018 they were told foundation was fucked up and would need to pay 9Mil to fix foundation Slab

There's most definitely gonna be some heads rolling after this... 

Because I just dont understand how you let the foundation or building in general get to a point where it's collapsing like that.... if it where a natural disaster or something you know that's a different story but failure of proper upkeep 

$$$$$$$$$

On 6/27/2021 at 3:08 PM, Cossacks said:

Heard they haven’t pulled a survivor since late Thursday night 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Heard they haven’t pulled a survivor since late Thursday night 

Rescue phase is over, they brought in a couple of huge cranes over the last couple of days and are working on debris removal. There’s still some teams tunneling in to recover bodies but everyone around here understands what the reality is.

I had to drive by the building to get to where I needed to go (a couple streets over in the residential area, parallel to the building) and it was pretty a creepy sight to see. At night it was covered in smoke and dust with construction lights lighting it up like a Disney attraction...definitely does look like a scaled down model of what happened on 9/11 or something on a movie set.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Heard of there . Yes, have I ever did a google earth search to see what their skyscrapers looks like ..No,

and with the biggest earthquake In California I’m so surprised never seeing a skyscraper collapsed 

My old man worked at the B of A building in the city for about 25 years and he was on the 49th floor. When I was a kid I used to be freaked out that the shit would fall when I would go up there.

The newer buildings generally are seismically retro fitted. A lot of older ones could collapse in a huge quake if they have not been retro fitted.

On 7/1/2021 at 2:11 PM, Cossacks said:

My old man worked at the B of A building in the city for about 25 years and he was on the 49th floor. When I was a kid I used to be freaked out that the shit would fall when I would go up there.

The newer buildings generally are seismically retro fitted. A lot of older ones could collapse in a huge quake if they have not been retro fitted.

I thought just the balconies collapsed and the bedrooms, just saw the actual tape and it looks like the whole entire building went down 

• Sad 1

The story of HOA arguments and resignations over lack of effectiveness as a board of directors is ringing pretty true as someone that has been on such a board in the past and did the same thing, along with selling said condo and hitting the road. 

When you have a building and grounds committee that has routine maintenance and inspections done, and the inspections show some instability or foundation failures, and, you report it to the board and nothing gets done because of arguments about how to spend money and/or assess the owners... Resign as a director. Sell your unit(s) and pray for everyone else. 

• Like 1