WTF?Olympics basketball!

DLS350

20 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I'm not a news person.

But probably that she withdrew for personal reasons and she can explain them to the press if she chooses.

Otherwise, it's a non-story.

It's NOT a non-story...🤣...IT'S FRONT PAGE CNN 💩🤓

That's just your "convenient ignorance" 👍

...and your refusal to remove that fence post

from your flinching Anus  🤓

PS: Copping out now... does not help you....💩💩💩

BTW: Since It's a NON-STORY...

you must be eating your words

and NOW agreeing with Bormio 🙄

that the front page CNN  GOAT extravaganza

is UNCALLED FOR... 

Way to go 👌

Flinch Anus Flinch 💩

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

I've heard it all now.

@Troll claims that CNN putting something on it's home page therefore makes it a story by definition.

🤡

Digging yourself deeper

on the "non-story" nonsense ? 🤣

Flinch Anus Flinch 💩

PS: So it looks like Bormio WAS right in your mind then 👍

On 7/28/2021 at 9:04 AM, Troll said:

didn't watch and don't care...

but front page top news CNN made sure, to shove it in my face, as their top story...

Simone Biles' withdrawal reminds us that she's human -- and still very much the GOAT

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/27/sport/simone-biles-tokyo-olympics-withdrawal-spt-trnd/index.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Now just going by the title alone...

I don't think you will find a coach in the world who is going to disagree with Bormio calling the news coverage of it disgustingly lopsided....

Unless you think a GOAT is a quitter

Now I can't say squat about Simone, as I have not seen the "quit in question".

But If you actually think the NEWS COVERAGE resembles reality in any way...

...just read the link and weep.

PS: "But Biles is the greatest not because she's never lost, but because, now that she has, she's reminded us what happens when the burden of expectations becomes too heavy for even the most celebrated among us to bear. "

Reminding us how to QUIT is the greatest now 🤪

Simone's reasoning ?  "She told reporters she withdrew not due to an injury, but to "work on [her] mindfulness." She talked about how stressful the day leading up to the event was, how she was "just shaking" and could barely nap after her workout. She said she'd never felt that way ahead of a competition.

At least CNN reminds you in the article...you know...WTF they are TRYING to accomplish with the Bullshit....

"The Olympic Games itself is really just about creating heroes out of people so that we have someone or something to look up to and to inspire us," Thompson said. "I think that's at the core of the Olympic spirit."

And it must be why she is painted into a corner..... that she REALLY does not want to be in...

"She's representing Black girls in gymnastics, gymnasts who want to compete in a safer environment and survivors of abuse. She's representing Americans and women everywhere.

"I'm going to go out there and represent the USA, represent World Champions Centre and represent Black and brown girls over the world," she told the Times. "At the end of the day, I'm not representing USA Gymnastics."

ok....

not a good job on that "going out and representing" there....

But just maybe the media can black-wash it.

🙄

I’m surprised either of you are commenting, seeing as how neither of you care about gymnastics or the well-being of the US Olympians.

Yet, you’re interested enough to hold disdain for a young woman who has been the benchmark example of a role model and lead a life of honor and integrity. That says a lot about you two.

For that very reason, and the fact that I don’t watch the news, I’m not going to argue with you about this.

I will give you a little context. 

The decision to withdraw has nothing to do with winning or losing. When you are unsure of your own ability to be able to pull off the maneuvers that they’re performing, and continue on anyway, you’re playing daredevil with your life.

Now, both of you have made it clear that you could care less whether she did or didn’t, which is frankly sad, being as I took you for being loving Americans outside of this board. 

Continuing on could’ve resulted with her seriously injuring herself or even sustaining an injury that leaves her paralyzed.

With that said, I’m not going to speak on this any longer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

I’m surprised either of you are commenting, seeing as how neither of you care about gymnastics or the well-being of the US Olympians.

Yet, you’re interested enough to hold disdain for a young woman who has been the benchmark example of a role model and lead a life of honor and integrity. That says a lot about you two.

For that very reason, and the fact that I don’t watch the news, I’m not going to argue with you about this.

The decision to withdraw has nothing to do with winning or losing. When you are unsure of your own ability to be able to pull off the maneuvers that they’re performing, and continue on anyway, you’re playing daredevil with your life.

Now, both of you have made it clear that you could care less whether she did or didn’t, which is frankly sad, being as I took you for being loving Americans outside of this board. 

Continuing on could’ve resulted with her seriously injuring herself or even sustaining an injury that leaves her paralyzed.

Yo dumbass...

she has a right to quit 👍

and nobody is holding her in disdain for it. 🙄

But the stories, bullshit, and "news entertainment", promoting that in such a hypocritical light...

and the type of "coverage" that "creates heroes for kids to worship"

is what is being criticized here...👌

...after all...

How can you rule that out as a factor ....you know...

in the mental state of the athlete...

...that just buckled under it.

giphy.gif

PS...DUH 🤓

BTW: ....not that she needs any excuse...right ? 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 2:58 PM, SeaShells21 said:

It takes guts to own up and for an athlete to self assess and confront their shortcomings and bow out, the whole power through it only works when there’s no other alternative. Too much glorifying of performance in pain is simple theater for the shortsighted assholes in the audience not looking beyond the surface. 

A true teammate in value sets akin to the Seals or high performance team oriented settings require that teammates unmask and acknowledge their present shortcomings for the good of the team and the ultimate goal. 

bgw

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Did you want to reconsider this post today? 😗

They are mostly NBA All-Stars.  They should dominate.  They were in a 3 point game with a French team that had Rudy Gobert.  They won on talent alone.  They do not play great team basketball 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 11:12 AM, DLS350 said:

How the F… can the Mens USA team lose to France in Basketball!! And now Nigeria! Are you fucking serious!!!  WTF!!!

It's a poorly constructed team. They are too perimeter oriented with a huge lack of size. France took full advantage of that in the second half. The U.S. needs to learn that the international game is much different than the NBA game. You can't just launch 3s all game and expect to win. You must play a balanced, physical brand of basketball in international play. There's a slight chance that the U.S. could still win gold, but it's going to be an uphill battle.

• Confused 1