Being sufficiently woke means celebrating the deaths on 9/11/2001

badrouter

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

By numerous he means the one time that he read about 15 different times in each right-wing internet rag.

Far more than one time. And I don’t read right wing rags. Although it’s true that when leftist publications simply refuse to cover or even acknowledge certain stories, we end up left with only the right leaning publications covering it. In that case, the question is, Is the story true, or not? When it’s verifiably true, it doesn’t matter whether it’s MSNBC or Fox News or any other outlet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m not gonna go back and forth with u and waste all day, I’m just sick of people saying slavery this slavery that when literally every country was founded on slavery, mass genocide or some fucked up shit

Not not so sick of it that you couldn't just not reply, you had to try and lessen the tragedy of slavery.  If you think these conversations are going away anytime soon, you are mistaken.  So, you can either keep on with the 'whataboutisms' and look like an apologist or just ignore the topic and conversation all together.  

Saying slavery was fucked up and was wrong is such an easy thing to do.  Much easier than feeling offended and trying to ignore and defend what can never be ignored and defended...at least not until it is faced honestly.  To say other countries had slaves does absolutely nothing to absolve what this countries history of slavery and the continued effects of it.  And that a few black people had slaves doesn't make it ok either.  Obvious right?  Should be anyway.  

Better to let Nole look like a complete idiot alone on this but you feel some kind of way about it so you do you.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Not not so sick of it that you couldn't just not reply, you had to try and lessen the tragedy of slavery.  If you think these conversations are going away anytime soon, you are mistaken.  So, you can either keep on with the 'whataboutisms' and look like an apologist or just ignore the topic and conversation all together.  

Saying slavery was fucked up and was wrong is such an easy thing to do.  Much easier than feeling offended and trying to ignore and defend what can never be ignored and defended...at least not until it is faced honestly.  To say other countries had slaves does absolutely nothing to absolve what this countries history of slavery and the continued effects of it.  And that a few black people had slaves doesn't make it ok either.  Obvious right?  Should be anyway.  

Better to let Nole look like a complete idiot alone on this but you feel some kind of way about it so you do you.  

You sound whiny, needy and dramatic. 

Teaching kids born in 2010 about slavery is meant only to divide and create animosity. I don’t mean teaching it with all other American and world history, but to obsess and focus on it like it’s some deep spiritual journey that you have to experience by absorbing every aspect of slavery. 

calm down clown. The race baiting is glowing in the dark. 

Can you name one good reason to focus on slavery over every other aspect of history? What’s the end game? What is the goal? To teach kids slavery is bad and please don’t own slaves? Lol 

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Klan resorting to memes and funnies to rebut the argument.

White fragility at it's finest.

bgw

Calm down white savior. Any oppressed blacks on the docket that need saving this weekend? 

Maybe you can show them how to use a computer or get a ID card from the DMV. I’ll Venmo you the gas money. But only $2 a  gallon. I can’t afford to give you the Biden taxed gas of $3.15 per gallon. 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Calm down white savior. Any oppressed blacks on the docket that need saving this weekend? 

Maybe you can show them how to use a computer or get a ID card from the DMV. I’ll Venmo you the gas money. But only $2 a  gallon. I can’t afford to give you the Biden taxed gas of $3.15 per gallon. 

You fucking racist bastard you, if I wasn't in a good mood... I'll drive down there and "indoctrinate" your dago ass right now.

bgw

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You fucking racist bastard you, if I wasn't in a good mood... I'll drive down there and "indoctrinate" your dago ass right now.

bgw

I’m more racist against white liberals than any other race. Lol. They are the worst group of people. Actually 2nd worst. Radical Islamic terrorists are number 1. But keep acting the way you do and you’ll be number 1 in no time 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

I’m more racist against white liberals than any other race. Lol. They are the worst group of people. Actually 2nd worst. Radical Islamic terrorists are number 1. But keep acting the way you do and you’ll be number 1 in no time 

Bullshit, you’re just racist. Don’t even try whitewashing it. 

bgw