Memphis / Denton Ryan- QB Seth Henigan (True Freshman Week)

Texasfrog

Let's all give a big shout-out to former Denton Ryan QB- Seth Henigan for his great performance at the University of Memphis this week.   He was named the starter for week one and is 2-0 as the starter and was named 247 True-Freshman of the week last week for going 22-34-410 yards- 5 td passes.

Not bad for a true freshman that came from the no good Texas 5A football.🤪   Let's forget the fact that his High school team was TX 5A State Champs (15-0) and loaded with tons of talent.   Ha-ha.

Anyway..  great job Seth Henigan from Denton Ryan 5A TX football.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Let's all give a big shout-out to former Denton Ryan QB- Seth Henigan for his great performance at the University of Memphis this week.   He was named the starter for week one and is 2-0 as the starter and was named 247 True-Freshman of the week last week for going 22-34-410 yards- 5 td passes.

Not bad for a true freshman that came from the no good Texas 5A football.🤪   Let's forget the fact that his High school team was TX 5A State Champs (15-0) and loaded with tons of talent.   Ha-ha.

How far does he commute to school tho 😁

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Was the backup better at the time? 

Can't really say.  Didn't see him in action much except for meaningless blowouts.  I will say this though:

I don't think Ryan's QB had thrown for over 100 in a game this season yet (Doesn't help that his WRs are doing thier best Nathan Vasher impersonations). 

Also no need to when you can beat Longview 40-7 just throwing 9 passes.  But it hurt them against Guyer.

I think they'll let him wing it more later in the year. (Hopefully)

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Hey.. let's give a big shoutout to former TX 5A Denton Ryan QB- Seth Henigan for leading now (3-0) Memphis to a big win against (2-0) Mississippi St (SEC team).

Not bad for the TRUE FRESHMAN QB from crappy Trashy TX 5A football.

Accurate. txball = starting at Memphis 

D1 HS division in So Cal = starting qb’s at Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, and Ole Miss . 

Makes sense to me!

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2021 at 9:14 PM, Texasfrog said:

Who?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Accurate. txball = starting at Memphis 

D1 HS division in So Cal = starting qb’s at Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, and Ole Miss . 

Makes sense to me!

Oh we can list others...but this ain't my argument so I'll let that slide...for now...

Now...Out of those 5 teams with So Cal QBs:

2 of your 5 won't last the season...Book it.(Ohio State and Ole Miss).

The other 3 have so much talent around them that you and I could be thier QB and win.

With that said:

The one at Georgia is the best of the 5 imo.

16 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Oh we can list others...but this ain't my argument so I'll let that slide...for now...

Now...Out of those 5 teams with So Cal QBs:

2 of your 5 won't last the season...Book it.(Ohio State and Ole Miss).

The other 3 have so much talent around them that you and I could be thier QB and win.

With that said:

The one at Georgia is the best of the 5 imo.

Ole miss QB threw for 335 and 3 TD’s today. 9 TD’s 0 ints and is 3-0 on the year. Stroud will start the whole year at OSU too. Why wouldn’t he? I’ll take whatever bet on those two lasting the season. Decent chance there are 3 California QB’s at the Heisman ceremony. 

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Ole miss QB threw for 335 and 3 TD’s today. 9 TD’s 0 ints and is 3-0 on the year. Stroud will start the whole year at OSU too. Why wouldn’t he? I’ll take whatever bet on those two lasting the season. Decent chance there are 3 California QB’s at the Heisman ceremony. 

Stroud won't last the season because If he loses 2 more games (albeit not his fault) tOSU will be quick yank thier QB in search of a spark...Especially if he starts slow like he has the 1st 2 games.

As for the Ole Miss QB... Schedule is why he is 3-0.  Schedule is why those numbers won't last.  The SEC West isn't Louisville, Austin Peay, or Tulane.  We both know this.

7 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Stroud won't last the season because If he loses 2 more games (albeit not his fault) tOSU will be quick yank thier QB in search of a spark...Especially if he starts slow like he has the 1st 2 games.

As for the Ole Miss QB... Schedule is why he is 3-0.  Schedule is why those numbers won't last.  The SEC West isn't Louisville, Austin Peay, or Tulane.  We both know this.

Ole Miss QB threw for 365 against Alabama last year and 395 against Florida last year. Those two met in the SEC championship game. He’ll be more than fine. 1st rounder. 

1 hour ago, rockinl said:

Miss state got ref fucked in the end.

I saw that!  Ball was downed.  Refs waved his arms up to call the play dead and down the spot of the ball.  That was why everyone stopped.  

Memphis returner picked up the "downed" ball and ran it back and they called TD.

Last I recall once the refs wave his arms to call the play dead... returner can't advance the ball.