Holy Trinity cancels Hewitt Truss and Colquitt

Nolebull813

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Highly unlikely since Cen10 would need the entire trip subsidized by CQ, which is neither possible nor fair. 

Plus Cen10 doesn't have adequate funding to make the Cali trip worthwhile for CQ. 

We need a rich sponsor looking for tax cuts!  

Here is an radio interview with Coach Propst from tonight. He talks about the upcoming season and does address the holy trinity game, and acknowledges that everything is up in the air but that he is working with a third party to hopefully reach a resolution and get a game scheduled for the 29th as early as tonight. The interview with Propst starts at around 5:30 in the show. It is the 07/31/17 episode . http://valdostatoday.com/wvga/hs-football-report/

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Highly unlikely since Cen10 would need the entire trip subsidized by CQ, which is neither possible nor fair. 

Plus Cen10 doesn't have adequate funding to make the Cali trip worthwhile for CQ. 

Funding might not be the only motivating factor.  If Rush truly believes his team is good enough and wants to go for that consensus MNC, dollars shouldn't be a problem.  I know Colquitt has had some really deep pocket supporters in the past as I've done business with them.  This just may not be the year Rush wants to roll the dice for it all.

23 minutes ago, Fred said:

Funding might not be the only motivating factor.  If Rush truly believes his team is good enough and wants to go for that consensus MNC, dollars shouldn't be a problem.  I know Colquitt has had some really deep pocket supporters in the past as I've done business with them.  This just may not be the year Rush wants to roll the dice for it all.

You're not that naive. You know that the BoE has to give final approval. How do you suppose we sell these turds on funding an all expenses paid trip to Moultrie from California in a matter of a few days?

Edited by CCBlackhatter
  • Like 1

Just now, CCBlackhatter said:

You're not that naive. You know that the BoE has to give final approval. How to suppose you sell these turds on funding an all expenses paid trip to Moultrie from California in a matter of a few days?

Hey, everyone said Grayson could come up with the money to go to "bowl" game if we wanted to and we all know Colquitt has better fans.  Seriously, if Rush wanted to go bad enough you're telling me he couldn't make it happen?  I can't buy into that.

The Packers have girls volleyball starting up for the first time this season and plenty of other places that have to get funded off of that huge crowd homecoming game. 

The gate may be 80k. Not sure that Cen10 could even come over here if the entire gate went to them. We already did the math and figure 100+k for Colquitt to travel that distance so seems a lose lose lose. Lose the whole gate to Cen10, spend the entire gate and then some traveling there, or lose the game and lose the gate either way. 

4 minutes ago, Fred said:

Hey, everyone said Grayson could come up with the money to go to "bowl" game if we wanted to and we all know Colquitt has better fans.  Seriously, if Rush wanted to go bad enough you're telling me he couldn't make it happen?  I can't buy into that.

It would be different if this was a bowl game for a chance at all the marbles after the season. No doubt about that. I think folks would line up to kick in a few bucks to get that to happen. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fred said:

Grayson wasnt having to fork over the cost to cover ALL expenses either. If this were March instead of August, he would have a better chance persuading the powers that be. If you don't by that you're just being ireational.

15 minutes ago, Fred said:

Seeing that you're heavily involved with Grayson, can you explain to us why Grayson passed on the Chandler game when it seemed like GEICO had everything taken care of?

3 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Grayson wasnt having to fork over the cost to cover ALL expenses either. If this were March instead of August, he would have a better chance persuading the powers that be. If you don't by that you're just being ireational.

We had ten days to come up with it and people trashed us for saying no.  It wasn't all of it, true, but it was a pretty good chuck on short notice.  Yea, I'm being partly silly but I know there is money there and if Rush wanted it bad enough it would happen.  I am serious about knowing at least one of the money people there and know he could rwrite a check for it with the right persuasion even if his kid has moved on.  I think Rufus is right though about it will probably be a team from a surrounding state that won't be so expensive.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Seeing that you're heavily involved with Grayson, can you explain to us why Grayson passed on the Chandler game when it seemed like GEICO had everything taken care of?

We weren't going to be allowed to take everyone.  They wanted a subset of the team to go.  Last year was a team effort even if you didn't make it in the game.  Not taking some of the boys especially if they had moved down the org chart due to all the changes just wasn't palatable.  After we said no, they coughed up some more money for Valdosta to take more but not all of their team.  I don't know if Valdosta left people at home or paid the difference.  We couldn't commit the money without being sure we could cover it with fund raising.  If anyone thinks Jeff Herron passed on the opportunity to shine then they don't know him very well.  Unfortunately we don't have a single deep pocket supporter/booster right now that would/could cover it.  Like CCBlackhatter said, if we had had more time and knew it was guaranteed we could have started earlier and probably made it happen.  I had already checked flights vs driving and rooms so I was disappointed.  Even though that was a bad time of the year for me to be gone for several days I wouldn't have missed it.

4 minutes ago, Fred said:

We weren't going to be allowed to take everyone.  They wanted a subset of the team to go.  Last year was a team effort even if you didn't make it in the game.  Not taking some of the boys especially if they had moved down the org chart due to all the changes just wasn't palatable.  After we said no, they coughed up some more money for Valdosta to take more but not all of their team.  I don't know if Valdosta left people at home or paid the difference.  We couldn't commit the money without being sure we could cover it with fund raising.  If anyone thinks Jeff Herron passed on the opportunity to shine then they don't know him very well.  Unfortunately we don't have a single deep pocket supporter/booster right now that would/could cover it.  Like CCBlackhatter said, if we had had more time and knew it was guaranteed we could have started earlier and probably made it happen.  I had already checked flights vs driving and rooms so I was disappointed.  Even though that was a bad time of the year for me to be gone for several days I wouldn't have missed it.

I agree that the continuity of the State Champions Bowl Series has been problematic. They need to have it out there much earlier that it is something that will be available after the season. This way, potential state championship contenders from participating states can begin appropriate planning well in advance. 

Hopefully we'll know whether this is something that will happen this season, much earlier than in the last few years. Everyone in Colquitt had their wallets out in 2015 and the thing never happened. 2014 the GHSA was a no. Last year, the GHSA preapproved the game, but it was uncertain whether it would come together or not. 

12 minutes ago, Fred said:

Gotcha. I never once thought that Grayson (Herron) was ducking Chandler, so I figured it had to be a money issue. As far as Valdosta going to Frisco, I think the Board of Education helped cover the cost of the trip (I seen this via Twitter) along with Geico covering the rest of it. Would've been a great opportunity for Grayson tho, and I'm certain that they would've won. I mean, you gotta give Valdosta credit for stepping up to the challenge but I knew that Chandler (stylistically) was a bad match-up for them.