Josh Niblett resigns at Hoover this morning after 14 years.

HooverOutlaw

6 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Sad shocking news.

Over the past 14 years, Niblett’s Bucs posted a 171-26 record, capturing six state championships in that time. Hoover won at least 10 games in 13 of those 14 years and advanced to the semifinals of the playoffs every single season.

He has taken a job in Georgia.

Why? Pay? Or Hoover wanted him out?

I'd be ok with Niblett. He has a proven record and showed that following immediately behind a debacle like with Rush isn't some impossible feat. 

He managed a really good record at Hoover and won state almost half of his seasons there. If not for the recent rise of Thompson, he'd have more. 

I haven't heard one peep about him possibly coming here though. This time, everything has been super quiet. I mean we heard Rogers was given an ultimatum but had no idea it was true for sure until all the educators started chattering about him taking the TCC job. 

I think there is a contingent here that wants Grage from Thomasville, but, their boosters dont plan on losing him and Im sure wallets will open to keep him there. 

This Niblett development is very interesting timing without a doubt.

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'd be ok with Niblett. He has a proven record and showed that following immediately behind a debacle like with Rush isn't some impossible feat. 

He managed a really good record at Hoover and won state almost half of his seasons there. If not for the recent rise of Thompson, he'd have more. 

I haven't heard one peep about him possibly coming here though. This time, everything has been super quiet. I mean we heard Rogers was given an ultimatum but had no idea it was true for sure until all the educators started chattering about him taking the TCC job. 

I think there is a contingent here that wants Grage from Thomasville, but, their boosters dont plan on losing him and Im sure wallets will open to keep him there. 

The only thing that is a fact at this point is Niblett has resigned from Hoover.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The only thing that is a fact at this point is Niblett has resigned from Hoover.

He stepped in behind Ruah and used the infrastructure that was already there and was off to the races for over a decade. 

Down here,  we had the infrastructure in place but the new guy was too intent on erasing rather than racing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Heard another coach from bama is on the circle. Warning from someone with a bama coach already. Georgia hsfb is on an entire different level than bama. Even ole rush has been saying that since he first came down.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Heard another coach from bama is on the circle. Warning from someone with a bama coach already. Georgia hsfb is on an entire different level than bama. Even ole rush has been saying that since he first came down.

It took Rush a couple of years to get stuff turned around for us behind Cokely, however, Rush did leave us with the infrastructure and knowledge on how it should operate to stay at a high level. It took him about 5 years to really get the program built downward so we were developing players to keep it rolling. 

Inside of three years that has all flipped on us from a development standpoint. 

The infrastructure is still here though so the right person could possibly come in and have immediate results. Gotta stop the talent bleeding off right now though.

4 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I don't know his new job right now.

4 hours ago, Woodchopper said:

Supposed to be going to a start up program in Gainesville Georgia. Ok then.

This is most definitely a money move... 

The Gainesville schools have MONEY  

But there ain't a football program up in Hall County I'd like to be in charge of right now... 

He must be going to 7A Gainesville HS... 

I dont see him leaving Hoover to go coach a 3A North Hall  or 4A East Hall High school in Hall County... 

Also... 

Gainesville is North GA... 

The HS's that serve Hall County... 

Gainesville HS-7A 

North Hall HS-3A 

East Hall -4A 

Chestatee HS-5A 

South Hall HS-3A 

Flowery Branch HS-4A 

Johnson HS-5A 

Cherokee Bluff HS-3A

East Forsyth-3A-Forsyth County school but it serves some of Hall County because the City it's in is in both counties. 

Buford-7A-Buford is a independent Gwinnett School that doesn't operate on the GC school system or Hall County school system  but the city of Buford stretches a small portion into Hall County. 

8 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

This is most definitely a money move... 

The Gainesville schools have MONEY  

But there ain't a football program up in Hall County I'd like to be in charge of right now... 

He must be going to 7A Gainesville HS... 

I dont see him leaving Hoover to go coach a 3A North Hall  or 4A East Hall High school in Hall County... 

Also... 

Gainesville is North GA... 

My understanding it is Gainesville High school. His base pay at Hoover was $136,767.85 plus booster incentives.  

23 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

My understanding it is Gainesville High (GA.) school. His base pay at Hoover (AL.) was $136,767.85 plus booster incentives.  

It's a damn shame what pay most Florida coaches earn doing the same job. Geez... Sainthood should go along with the pittance they earn. My county (Volusia) pays HC's $5,000 Plus Teacher salary (40-50K)......sad.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1