Whiteshoes Top 100- Final

whiteshoes

We have reached the end of another season and hope you folks have enjoyed my polls and weekly viewer guide.    As I have stated, I enjoy this and being retired gives me the time to play with this thing.    Will be updating the dynasty rankings next week but until then, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

1 Santa Ana Mater Dei (12-0) CA
2 Austin Westlake (16-0) TX
3 Baltimore St. Frances (7-1) MD
4 Bradenton IMG Academy (9-1) FL
5 Anaheim Servite (10-3) CA
6 Bellflower St. John Bosco (10-2) CA
7 Oradell Bergen Catholic (12-0) NJ
8 Corona Centennial (10-1) CA
9 Las Vegas Bishop Gorman (12-1) NV
10 Houston North Shore (15-1) TX
11 Greenwood Center Grove (14-0) IN
12 Washington St. Johns (11-0) MD
13 Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas (14-1) FL
14 Alabaster Thompson (14-1) AL
15 Tampa Jesuit (14-0) FL
16 Bixby (13-0) OK
17 Duncanville (13-2) TX
18 Miami Central (13-2) FL
19 Murfreesboro Oakland (14-0) TN
20 Lakewood St. Edward (15-1) OH
21 Southlake Carroll (14-1) TX
22 Suwannee Collins Hill (14-1) GA
23 Scottsdale Saguaro (12-1) AZ
24 St. Louis Christian Brothers (13-1) MO
25 Hoover (12-1) AL
26 Nashville Lipscomb Academy (12-1) TN
27 Katy (14-1) TX
28 Graham-Kapowsin (15-0) WA
29 Chesapeake Oscar Smith (13-1) VA
30 Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna (12-1)  FL
31 Indianapolis Cathedral (14-1) IN
32 Gaffney (15-0) SC
33 Baton Rouge Catholic (12-1) LA
34 Chandler Hamilton (11-1) AZ
35 Warner Robins (14-1) GA
36 Highland Lone Peak (10-2) UT
37 Irmo Dutch Fork (12-1) SC
38 Venice (13-1) FL
39 Madison Central (13-1) MS
40 Buford (14-1) GA
41 Ashburn Stone Bridge (14-0) VA
42 Pittsburgh Mt. Lebanon (14-0) PA
43 Milton (13-2) GA
44 Draper Corner Canyon (12-2) UT
45 Denton Guyer (14-2) TX
46 Hochston Mill Creek (11-2) GA
47 Joliet Catholic (14-0) IL
48 Severn Archbishop Spalding (10-1) MD
49 Columbus Upper Arlington (14-1) OH
50 Lockport (13-1) IL
51 Zachary (15-0) LA
52 Hyattsville DeMatha (7-3) MD
53 Allen (11-3) TX
54 North Charleston Fort Dorchester (12-1) SC
55 Pickerington Central (12-2) OH
56 Henderson Liberty (10-2) NV
57 Fort Lauderdale Cardinal Gibbons (10-2) FL
58 Baton Rouge University Lab (13-0)  LA
59 Dallas South Oak Cliff (13-1) TX
60 Philadelphia St. Joseph Prep (10-3) PA
61 Bryant (13-1) AR
62 Louisville St. Xavier (14-1) KY
63 Chandler (11-2) AZ
64 Mission Viejo (9-2) CA
65 Wyndmoor La Salle College (8-2) PA
66 Phenix City Central (13-1) AL
67 San Diego Cathedral Catholic (11-2) CA
68 Cary-Grove (14-0) IL
69 Houston Westfield (12-1) TX
70 Miami Northwestern (10-4) FL
71 Louisville Male (13-1)  KY
72 Raleigh Cardinal Girbbons (14-2) NC
73 Katy Paetow (15-1) TX
74 Concord De LaSalle (10-3) CA
75 Portland Central Catholic (13-0)  OR
76 Little Rock Pulaski Academy (13-1) AR
77 Pinson Clay Chalkville (15-0) AL
78 Humble Atascocita (11-3) TX
79 Chattanooga McAllie (12-0) TN
80 West Chester Lakota West (12-2) OH
81 Katy Tompkins (11-2) TX
82 Charlotte Chambers (14-2) NC
83 Lehi Skybridge (11-2) UT
84 New Orleans Edna Karr (11-1) LA
85 Jenks (12-1) OK
86 Maryville (13-1) TN
87 Franklin (14-0) WI
88 College Station (14-1) TX
89 Folsom (11-4) CA
90 Kennesaw North Cobb (10-2) GA
91 Cornelius Hough (14-1) NC
92 Warren De LaSalle Collegiate (12-0) MI
93 Denton Ryan (12-3) TX
94 Trussville Hewitt-Trussville (9-3) AL
95 Lakeville South (13-0) MN
96 Chandler Basha (10-1) AZ
97 Martinsburg (13-1) WV
98 Springfield (13-2) OH
99 Austin Lake Travis (12-3) TX
100 East St. Louis (11-3) IL
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

A argument can be made that a three loss team should not be top 5.

bgw

I suppose the counterargument is: which 5 teams would go 10-3 or better with the same schedule? Playing SJB and MD back to back twice in the span of 34 days would be a tall order for any team in the country.

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I suppose the counterargument is: which 5 teams would go 10-3 or better with the same schedule? Playing SJB and MD back to back twice in the span of 34 days would be a tall order for any team in the country.

Don't mind Buford's idiotic  posts.  While Servite was playing the above mentioned schedule, Buford was feasting on 7 opponnent's rated 1000+. 

Mr. Buford thinks MD = Cobb + maybe 7 points.  He has no idea of the  high level of HS football being played outside his crappy area.  CH found out.

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

You do know a very talented Westgate team thumped Edna Karr, right?...and Westgate won the 4A State Championship here.

Yes, very aware.    That is why they are high honorable mention.   The St. Augustine loss was not good and a one-point win over Easton in the finals was not a dominating win.    If I am guilty of anything, I probably have Karr overrated.     You could take Westgate, Easton and Karr, shake them up and if would be tough knowing who would come out on top.

• Like 1

Graham Kapowsin is too low only as a result of being under the radar to start the year. Should be top 15.

Undefeated Bellevue, WA is absolutely a top 100 team in the country.

Servite is too high. I don't care who they lost to or their strength of schedule. They would lose to multiple schools below them. 

Saguaro, AZ is way too high. AZ never does anything but lose in out of state games it seems.

EDIT: any 3 loss team should be automatically removed IMO. They don't have the "it factor"

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Good work @whiteshoes  appreciate the effort.  Top 88 can be reasonably argued.

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Folsom top 100….IDK bout that either. 

4 loss team? Nope. 

bgw

4 losses look bad on paper. However, when they have their full team (mainly their QB) their only 2 losses were to DLS and Cathedral Catholic. They avenged the DLS loss and had a close game against CC.  

Do you honestly think there are 88 other teams in the country that would beat DLS on the ROAD in a playoff game?

2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

That’s real easy for you to say. 

Kinda like the argument the left coast horde saying CenTen would run through Georgia. 

Your lines may be big and strong sporting luau’s and tribal tats but I don’t believe that combo gonna beat speed. 

We’re just have to agree to disagree. 

bgw

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

That’s real easy for you to say. 

Kinda like the argument the left coast horde saying CenTen would run through Georgia. 

Your lines may be big and strong sporting luau’s and tribal tats but I don’t believe that combo gonna beat speed. 

We’re just have to agree to disagree. 

bgw

I'm fine if we disagree. I'm just curious which 5 teams you think would do better.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Don't mind Buford's idiotic  posts.  While Servite was playing the above mentioned schedule, Buford was feasting on 7 opponnent's rated 1000+. 

Mr. Buford thinks MD = Cobb + maybe 7 points.  He has no idea of the  high level of HS football being played outside his crappy area.  CH found out.

If I twist my size 15 that currently resides in your ass, will you orgasm and shut up?

And you’re an idiot your self thinking you know what I know. 

bgw

32 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

4 losses look bad on paper. However, when they have their full team (mainly their QB) their only 2 losses were to DLS and Cathedral Catholic. They avenged the DLS loss and had a close game against CC.  

Do you honestly think there are 88 other teams in the country that would beat DLS on the ROAD in a playoff game?

No, but I can find 88 that would thump Folsom. 

bgw

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

WHO would’ve guessed CK would beat CH. 

NOBODY. There’s a lot out there we don’t know. 

Sure I could pulls some tapes and find 5 matchups favorable to my argument. 

I only ask because you posted this:

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

A argument can be made that a three loss team should not be top 5.

I don't necessarily disagree that seeing a 10-3 team in the top 5 is a little jarring, but context is certainly important. I'm just wondering if you already had something ready to go to back up your initial post or if you were just shooting from the hip...

5 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I only ask because you posted this:

I don't necessarily disagree that seeing a 10-3 team in the top 5 is a little jarring, but context is certainly important. I'm just wondering if you already had something ready to go to back up your initial post or if you were just shooting from the hip...

I shoot from the shoulder through a scope. 

And I answered that particular query. 

bgw

Just now, dntn31 said:

Was that the post where you said you could but you didn't? Or did I miss something.

So far you’re missing quite a bit, maybe the short simple sentence structure is not for you, maybe just you prefer a wordy detailed explanation.

I dunno, and I’m getting just a tad bit irritated with the back and forth, and that’s okay. 

You’re a numbers guy with a sense of humor, I’m an expressive guy who looks at intangibles before talent with a wealth of bullshittery. 

So, yes. I answered it earlier. Are there any other questions you have for me to answer?

If not, I’m going to continue enjoying the forum thread by thread.

Regards,

bgw

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

So far you’re missing quite a bit, maybe the short simple sentence structure is not for you, maybe just you prefer a wordy detailed explanation.

I dunno, and I’m getting just a tad bit irritated with the back and forth, and that’s okay. 

You’re a numbers guy with a sense of humor, I’m an expressive guy who looks at intangibles before talent with a wealth of bullshittery. 

So, yes. I answered it earlier. Are there any other questions you have for me to answer?

If not, I’m going to continue enjoying the forum thread by thread.

Regards,

bgw

Don't take the back and forth the wrong way. I don't troll for the sake of trolling. I really do value different perspectives, so the back and forth is really me wanting to understand your thought process and perhaps glean some insight (and perhaps with a bit of "cheek" thrown in). I was definitely more of a SoCal homer before I started posting on the "national" boards and I watch a lot more national games than I did before this. So take this as me genuinely wanting to continue on this journey of having a more holistic understanding of the national HSFB landscape.

At the end of the day, I just want to know which 5 teams you think would go 10-3 or better with Servite's schedule and I'm not sure I've seen you provide an actual response to this question except for some vagueness that didn't actually answer the question being asked.

If you want, I'll give you my list (I'll even go up to 6 teams) that I think could likely go 10-3 or better with the same schedule (in no particular order):

1. Mater Dei
2. SJB
3. Centennial
4. STA
5. SFA
6. IMG

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You weren't saying this when Servite was playing JW North and Fountain Valley then losing to every team with a pulse on their schedule.... 

Nope

It was always 

"BuT ThEY PlAY iN the TriNItY LeAGue!!!!".... 

This is the only year where they have a legit argument... 

Don't sit up here and flex like Servites  been performing at This level...