For the haters ...

Fred

Well, for all the hate towards Grayson and saying we weren't going to do anything last year, we made it to the semi-finals before we lost.  That was after graduating 36 seniors from the previous year.  Not too bad and better than some/most/all of the more vocal naysayers on here did.  That makes the past 3 years quarterfinals, championship, and semi-finals.  I'll take that.

As for why I went away for a while, I was in the middle of a huge project at work.  I ran the fiber optic network that tied all of our major locations together and took our network from 472 gigabits of capacity to 3.024 terabits of capacity all on an in service basis with no interruptions and only the network monitoring folks knowing.  Finished that up and retired after 42 1/2 years at the same place.  Then my small business got crazy for a month or so taking all my time.  Finally I got into the Christmas season and didn't have time to turn around.  I dropped in once or twice without logging in only to see the hatred still being spewed by the usual suspects and decided life was too short with all I had going on to listen to such downers.  It certainly made for a pleasant several months not listening to the haters.  It was kind of like when my wife was driving 1 1/2 hours home in traffic from work while listening to talk radio.  She would come in spitting nails.  Once I convinced her to change the channel, she was in a much better mood.  Similarly, not listening to the few spew their nonsense made for a much nicer fall and early winter season.

I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday season!  I'm looking forward to watching some football tonight and while I normally don't pull for the Bulldogs, tonight they are going to be my team.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fred said:

Finished that up and retired after 42 1/2 years at the same place. 

...decided life was too short with all I had going on to listen to such downers.  It certainly made for a pleasant several months not listening to the haters.  It was kind of like when my wife was driving 1 1/2 hours home in traffic from work while listening to talk radio.  She would come in spitting nails.  Once I convinced her to change the channel, she was in a much better mood.  Similarly, not listening to the few spew their nonsense made for a much nicer fall and early winter season.

Congrats!

Definitely an abundance of "channels" we can tune into. Makes sense to choose how we spend our time with what we each enjoy. Unfortunately for some people that enjoyment includes a majority of their waking hours being disgruntled.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fred said:

Well, for all the hate towards Grayson and saying we weren't going to do anything last year, we made it to the semi-finals before we lost.  That was after graduating 36 seniors from the previous year.  Not too bad and better than some/most/all of the more vocal naysayers on here did.  That makes the past 3 years quarterfinals, championship, and semi-finals.  I'll take that.

As for why I went away for a while, I was in the middle of a huge project at work.  I ran the fiber optic network that tied all of our major locations together and took our network from 472 gigabits of capacity to 3.024 terabits of capacity all on an in service basis with no interruptions and only the network monitoring folks knowing.  Finished that up and retired after 42 1/2 years at the same place.  Then my small business got crazy for a month or so taking all my time.  Finally I got into the Christmas season and didn't have time to turn around.  I dropped in once or twice without logging in only to see the hatred still being spewed by the usual suspects and decided life was too short with all I had going on to listen to such downers.  It certainly made for a pleasant several months not listening to the haters.  It was kind of like when my wife was driving 1 1/2 hours home in traffic from work while listening to talk radio.  She would come in spitting nails.  Once I convinced her to change the channel, she was in a much better mood.  Similarly, not listening to the few spew their nonsense made for a much nicer fall and early winter season.

I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday season!  I'm looking forward to watching some football tonight and while I normally don't pull for the Bulldogs, tonight they are going to be my team.

Ask Hawg I ask about you more than anybody on this board.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fred said:

Good to see ya. With all this COVID crap we were starting to worry about you. I was tempted to text or call once or twice, and would have if we reached next season discussion heavy and we still hadn't heard from you. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fred said:

Brother, congrats on your retirement.  Well done.  Not many people in stay anyplace for that long anymore.  

Can you envision a day when that network pipe gets filled up and they will have to upgrade?  3.024 Terabits is insane.  Lol.  Makes dial-up seem sooo long ago.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fred said:

When I retired I thought the all-day margarita show would start.

Now?  I can not figure out how I ever had the time to go to work.

Good luck with yours 🤠

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Congrats on retirement but telling the truth about your cheating goats isn't hating.

Called no names and yet the struck dog barks.  Not surprised at all and proves my point.  It must be miserable to be that unhappy all the time and carry that chip on your shoulder.

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Good to see ya. With all this COVID crap we were starting to worry about you. I was tempted to text or call once or twice, and would have if we reached next season discussion heavy and we still hadn't heard from you.

Thanks!  I appreciate it.  I knew you know how to contact me.

• Like 1