STA transfer list

Ga96

16 hours ago, FACTCHECKER said:

So really he's more of an athlete than a prototype QB?

His offensive line was awful at Edison so he was running a lot. He's faster and more agile than Zion, who *could* run but was a great runner.

Harris has good footwork and can make all the throws that he will need to and the kids know him so it should work out.

36 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

His offensive line was awful at Edison so he was running a lot. He's faster and more agile than Zion, who *could* run but was a great runner.

Harris has good footwork and can make all the throws that he will need to and the kids know him so it should work out.

So a lot of it was him doing it out of necessity? Well at least OL won't be an issue for him now so he should do well at STA

20 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Never really had him so not much to say. STA has still never had a blue chip QB.

I remember Harris from the 2019 JV team and I watched some of his Edison film. He'll be adequate I think.

Depends on what makes someone "blue chip". Jake Allen may have been overrated, but I would have called him "blue chip" given his rating and offers. Even Wes Carrol signing with an SEC school could be considered "blue chip" to some.

20 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

OL should take some pressure off him. They’ll likely go more vanilla and pound the rock vs SJP and if successful, play action will do well with Harris having ample time.  The D should give them short field chances.  

I sense STA may be a tad down this year. Dillard will probably be the toughest to beat in the last 20-30 years.

21 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

He's a better runner than Zion so he can make things happen if the pocket breaks down.

I really liked the tape I saw on Hudl.  I know that's just HLs but I like how he's patient and if nothings there he takes off.   He definitely has wheels also.   He can hit the those difficult midrange routes etc.  

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

I sense STA may be a tad down this year. Dillard will probably be the toughest to beat in the last 20-30 years.

Meh I thought so too, but looking at some of the player tapes and especially lineman etc I think STA will be solid as usual.    How solid depends on how comfortable the QB is with the new system.  

STA has some explosive guys at the skill spots again.   Terrell should be a handful to stop.   Kid was EXPLOSIVE  last year in his limited reps from what I saw.    The junior WRs are STUDs too.

• Like 1

Depends on what makes someone "blue chip". Jake Allen may have been overrated, but I would have called him "blue chip" given his rating and offers. Even Wes Carrol signing with an SEC school could be considered "blue chip" to some.

Jake Allen wasn't that good, there's a reason he never played a down for the Gators. He just wasn't at that level, probably a 1 or 2* player if he was at Coconut Creek instead of STA

When you play behind a OL and have the weapons that STA usually has they can get by with average QBs and usually win state titles with average QBs

8 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Meh I thought so too, but looking at some of the player tapes and especially lineman etc I think STA will be solid as usual.    How solid depends on how comfortable the QB is with the new system.  

STA has some explosive guys at the skill spots again.   Terrell should be a handful to stop.   Kid was EXPLOSIVE  last year in his limited reps from what I saw.    The junior WRs are STUDs too.

The QB at Vero could have made STA gap ahead of the rest of 3M larger but they should still be good enough to win the title but there are some good teams in that class so you never know really, no team has actually played a game yet so until they do who knows what we really getting across the board with these teams 

Dillard has talent but they have to prove they can beat STA and if they want to get by them they either have to beat STA twice (when's the last time that's happened?) or beat them at Brian Piccolo in the playoffs (again when's the last time that someone did that?) 

2 hours ago, FACTCHECKER said:

Dillard has talent but they have to prove they can beat STA and if they want to get by them they either have to beat STA twice (when's the last time that's happened?) or beat them at Brian Piccolo in the playoffs (again when's the last time that someone did that?) 

1998 is the last time that comes to mind. 

On 7/16/2022 at 2:21 PM, Atticus Finch said:

4-star or 5-star.

I’m not sure Allen saw much if any PT at Dartmouth… he likely was the only 4 star rated QB STA had.  Freebeck was a 3 star I believe.  O’Korn also.  The smoothest QB with arm strength I saw at STA was 3 star rated Rudock.  He also had some talented WR’s to throw to, which didn’t hurt.  

On 7/18/2022 at 9:30 PM, golfaddict1 said:

I’m not sure Allen saw much if any PT at Dartmouth… he likely was the only 4 star rated QB STA had.  Freebeck was a 3 star I believe.  O’Korn also.  The smoothest QB with arm strength I saw at STA was 3 star rated Rudock.  He also had some talented WR’s to throw to, which didn’t hurt.  

Wesley Carroll was a 3* too.

I don’t ever remember STA having “The Guy,” at QB. I can recall them having him at nearly any other position though.

10 hours ago, DownSouth said:

Wesley Carroll was a 3* too.

I don’t ever remember STA having “The Guy,” at QB. I can recall them having him at nearly any other position though.

Logan Rogers is a ‘26 recruit out of Tampa.  If he stays at STA, the on deck circle for “The Guy” will have another contestant pending.  

6 minutes ago, badrouter said:

What a time we're living in 🤣.

Well considering all the transfers Lakeland has gotten they don't have any more room to talk crap about any STA transfers as Lakeland has more transfers this off-season than STA probably averages over any 2 year span of the past 2 decades