Top 25 according to maxpreps

Ga96

8 hours ago, ngdawg said:

In my honest opinion, I don't believe that any Georgia team should begin this season in the top 20 nationally. No team in the state so far has exhibited any signs of past teams like Collins Hill, Lowndes, Grayson, or Colquitt, who were always ranked in the 10s.

Grayson and Buford are loaded this year … and next. What is it you don’t think you’ll see from them? 

12 hours ago, Ga96 said:

W-L prediction for those 3 games?

I don’t think Dillard sweeps that gauntlet. With two being on the road early in the season I can see Dillard going 2-1. At worst 1-2. 

as great as our roster appear to be on paper Dillard has to show up each week. I do know 1 thing for sure, they will be battle tested come playoff time. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 1:51 AM, Horsefly said:

Grayson and Buford are loaded this year … and next. What is it you don’t think you’ll see from them? 

They're loaded talent-wise, but there's still a lot of doubt around them. Grayson isn't coming off a great year by their standards. Buford is new to 7A and has been...decent in the past against 7A competition, not excellent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DillardPanthers954 said:

I don’t think Dillard sweeps that gauntlet. With two being on the road early in the season I can see Dillard going 2-1. At worst 1-2. 

as great as our roster appear to be on paper Dillard has to show up each week. I do know 1 thing for sure, they will be battle tested come playoff time. 

Well i will rooting for Dillard in all 3 of those games.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Doubt? Where? Who's doubting them? 

Doubt around if Grayson is going to be the same level of a team as they were in 2016 or 2020. Or with Buford consistently handling 7A competition. They've won here and there against 7A competition, like one game or two per year. Now, it's much more consistent pressure.

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Doubt around if Grayson is going to be the same level of a team as they were in 2016 or 2020. Or with Buford consistently handling 7A competition. They've won here and there against 7A competition, like one game or two per year. Now, it's much more consistent pressure.

I don't think Grayson has to be like the 2016 or 2020 teams. Truth be told, if they can be like the 2011 team (you might be too young to remember them), they can go really far. Buford on the other hand? Won on every level and they're a well oiled machine. I have no doubt in mind that they can win 7A based on what they have in place, infrastructure, coaching, and  championship pedigree. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I don't think Grayson has to be like the 2016 or 2020 teams. Truth be told, if they can be like the 2011 team (you might be too young to remember them), they can go really far. Buford on the other hand? Won on every level and they're a well oiled machine. I have no doubt in mind that they can win 7A based on what they have in place, infrastructure, coaching, and  championship pedigree. 

We are going to find out about Buford real quick with their game v thompson.  Can’t wait for that one. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

If anything, we're gonna find out about Thompson. Buford has been there and done that when it comes to the OOS scene. 

My thinking though is Thompson has owned AL and Hoover specifically who has had some success OOS.  Thompson was top 5 nationally just a few years ago.  

56 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

My thinking though is Thompson has owned AL and Hoover specifically who has had some success OOS.  Thompson was top 5 nationally just a few years ago.  

True. But I think it's a whole different ball game when facing oos competition. Buford has been there and done that and ARGUABLY was the best team in the state in the past decade. 

56 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Wouldn't it be interesting if Grayson won the 7A trophy this year? They would have won the first and last 7A championship if they do. 

No south Ga school will have won one. 

Most likely, the trend of a new state champion every year will continue. That's always been one of my favorite things about 7A football in Georgia. 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

True. But I think it's a whole different ball game when facing oos competition. Buford has been there and done that and ARGUABLY was the best team in the state in the past decade. 

They have been the most consistent for sure. I don't like Buford's lack of 7A competition on their resume over that time period, but they've always lived up to the challenge, so I'm comfortable with them being highly ranked to start this season. Top 15 in the nation though? I wouldn't go there yet.

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

And they haven't done so well when they've faced tough OOS competition

Madonna beat them

Deerfield Beach beat them

Southpointe beat them

Ahhh... the nitpicking. Well while you're at it, go ahead and list ALL the OOS games they've played in the past decade. And don't think because they lost those 3 games that they didn't do well because if you want to go there, we can. 

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

They have been the most consistent for sure. I don't like Buford's lack of 7A competition on their resume over that time period, but they've always lived up to the challenge, so I'm comfortable with them being highly ranked to start this season. Top 15 in the nation though? I wouldn't go there yet.

Why not?