Arizona News

Wooderson

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 5:32 PM, Wooderson said:

...and now the follow-up; rumors that Chavez season could be in jeopardy if a staff isn't in place by Monday:

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Centennial picks up first-team all-region lineman from neighboring Cactus:

https://x.com/BJMedia1/status/1739747367211999537?s=20

That Phoenix area transfer scene is hard to follow.  They should put together something like the San Diego honor bowl.  Get 4 area teams to play 4 OOS teams.   Would be cool to see some of the better CA and UT public's playing the better Phoenix area teams.  I feel like there would be some very competitive contests.

16 minutes ago, On2whls said:

That Phoenix area transfer scene is hard to follow.  They should put together something like the San Diego honor bowl.  Get 4 area teams to play 4 OOS teams.   Would be cool to see some of the better CA and UT public's playing the better Phoenix area teams.  I feel like there would be some very competitive contests.

To hot and gross to host in August and September in Phoenix area. It is done, but no one is going to travel from good climate to play in miserable 110+ degrees. The coaches and teams really actually look forward to go out of state and escape the heat even briefly.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

To hot and gross to host in August and September in Phoenix area. It is done, but no one is going to travel from good climate to play in miserable 110+ degrees. The coaches and teams really actually look forward to go out of state and escape the heat even briefly.

Maybe host it at State Farm Stadium?

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Maybe host it at State Farm Stadium?

This would assume that the Cardinals are a good neighbor and are willing to share their stadium; the state/division championship games haven't been hosted at State Farm since 2016, let alone regular season games that fill a rather small niche. While this was a thing many years ago with the now-defunct Sollenberger Classic (game between one of our big school and small school champs and their Nevada counterparts) the reality of these games was always 3-4K fans in a 60K-seat stadium.

The Honor Bowl is extending a leg out here, so potential is there to get some premier out of state foes out here. I'll point out that our schools have hosted matchups with Trinity League champs, Gorman and Vegas Liberty, Long Beach Poly, Cherry Creek, Bergen, etc, so we've certainly put out a more than game effort. Frankly I've been encouraged that our local powers have gotten back in the habit of playing one another; I'm going to always lean towards seeing Liberty v. Chandler in early season matchups than random out of state matchups.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Catching up on some of the transfer news; Chandler picking up current frosh receiver that played varsity at Corona del Sol past season:

https://x.com/WSSArizona/status/1745521252075495730?s=20

Another CdS receiver headed to IMG:

https://x.com/azc_obert/status/1745837800237466096?s=20

With IMG transfers, I wonder if NIL money is offered.  😊

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

In scheduling news, Arizona College Prep - the Chandler District's charter school - visits Indiana next season. ACP went 8-4 playing in Class 4A this past season.

I was so close to answering @GoBigBlack last night about your fav, Richard Obert, perhaps placing his hat in the Zona Wildcats HC suggestion box.  😉 

@Omaha Vol Basha starting a home-and-home series with Millard South next season. Figured you'd be more in-the-know about Nebraska than I am but quick look at their Maxpreps info indicates they should have a strong junior class next season (as will Basha):

Basha also scheduling Mission Viejo in what looks to be a bit of a rebuilding year for the Bears:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

@Omaha Vol Basha starting a home-and-home series with Millard South next season. Figured you'd be more in-the-know about Nebraska than I am but quick look at their Maxpreps info indicates they should have a strong junior class next season (as will Basha):

Basha also scheduling Mission Viejo in what looks to be a bit of a rebuilding year for the Bears:

Connect the dots Nebraska 👍🏻
#algorithmhelpisontheway

https://api.razzlepuzzles.com/dot_connect

3 hours ago, Wooderson said:

I'm glad to see a top Nebraska team actually travel and play someone. However, I'm afraid those Phoenix area schools are on another level compared to Millard South. Westside would've been a much better game. I hope they will be able to represent. 

• Thanks 1