Massachusetts Thread

Adam Kurkjian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everett out of the playoffs at 7-1 and #18 in Division 1, they will change the rating system next year, probably for the worse. Should have just gone with Maxpreps like they originally planned.

Meanwhile Division 2 has just 16 playoff-eligible (at least three wins) teams, so there will be a few ugly first round matchups.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 11:08 PM, Adam Kurkjian said:

We have our state title games set.

D1: St. John's Prep vs. Xaverian

D2: King Philip vs. Marshfield (big upset win over CM to get here)

D3: Walpole vs. Milton

D4: Duxbury vs. Scituate

D5: Hanover vs. Foxboro

D6: Fairhaven vs. Salem

D7: Uxbridge vs. Amesbury

D8: West Boylston vs. Carver

Adam - Any idea if Xaverian will get Pierre, Monteiro, or Comella back for the state title game? 

• Like 1

Just now, mahsfan76 said:

That says a lot about the depth that X has in their program and how good their coaching staff is. Winning games without two FBS WR's and one of the top backs in the state isn't easy.

They're well coached, yes. Even more so when you watch them. Very good situationally. Their two-minute offense and clock management has been very good the games I've watched them.

Championships start tomorrow. Should be streamed for free on the Patriots website and youtube channel.

Wednesday 11/29

5:30 D8: West Boylston (12-0) vs. Carver (11-1)

8:00 D1: St. John's Prep (11-1) vs. Xaverian (9-2)

Thursday 11/30

3:00 D6: Salem (10-2) vs. Fairhaven (11-1)

5:30 D2: King Philip (12-0) vs. Marshfield (9-2)

8:00 D3: Milton (8-4) vs. Walpole (9-3)

Friday 12/1

3:00 D7: Uxbridge (12-0) vs. Amesbury (9-2)

5:30 D4: Duxbury (9-1) vs. Scituate (9-3)

8:00 D5: Hanover (11-1) vs. Foxboro (11-1)

Statewide format has certainly been good to teams south of Boston.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some quick notes...

— Tabor Academy out of the ISL has close to 10 FBS prospects. ISL will be an interesting race. BB&N, Belmont Hill will be among the favorites, too.

— Catholic Memorial will have OOS games with St. Francis (NY) and Cardinal Hayes (NY). CM beat St. Francis last year fairly handily (I was there). CM will be dangerous if RB Mekhi Dodd comes back healthy from a knee injury he suffered last year.

— Springfield Central is likely the preseason No. 1 team in the state. They return (I think) 10 starters on offense.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Some quick notes...

— Tabor Academy out of the ISL has close to 10 FBS prospects. ISL will be an interesting race. BB&N, Belmont Hill will be among the favorites, too.

— Catholic Memorial will have OOS games with St. Francis (NY) and Cardinal Hayes (NY). CM beat St. Francis last year fairly handily (I was there). CM will be dangerous if RB Mekhi Dodd comes back healthy from a knee injury he suffered last year.

— Springfield Central is likely the preseason No. 1 team in the state. They return (I think) 10 starters on offense.

The Catholic Conference should be very interesting. Xaverian lost some big time players but has a very talented Sophomore to-be QB and I watched an interview with Coach Fornaro where he said that they have some very talented players who will be Juniors. SJP has some very talented underclassmen returning and they'll definitely find a way to get Christopher Vargas on to the field. CM returns almost every skill position player but QB is an unknown after Peter Bourque transferred to Tabor. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mahsfan76 said:

The Catholic Conference should be very interesting. Xaverian lost some big time players but has a very talented Sophomore to-be QB and I watched an interview with Coach Fornaro where he said that they have some very talented players who will be Juniors. SJP has some very talented underclassmen returning and they'll definitely find a way to get Christopher Vargas on to the field. CM returns almost every skill position player but QB is an unknown after Peter Bourque transferred to Tabor. 

I agree. It's kind of up for grabs in the CC.