Massachusetts Thread

Adam Kurkjian

8 minutes ago, mahsfan76 said:

Adam - Do you think CM has a puncher's chance tonight against Cardinal Newman? I think they'll be fine up front, particularly on the OL, but not sure about CM's secondary.

This is the number 1 team against a team ranked about 20-30 in FL. That should be even. CM is not an underdog. This game should be close to the end 

2 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

I think it's an uphill struggle for CM. Lots of new starters, only one game under their belt which was over after a quarter, and let's face it, the refs in FL aren't going to call cross checking and high sticking like they do in MA.

The only Memorial in this game is remembering Cardinal Newman’s undefeated season coming to an end 

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Florida special teams for you. Lol 

MA special teams say hold my fish chowder as CM fumbles the free kick, Newman takes over in CM territory and scores a few plays later to make it 21-2.

There have been several stoppages for injured CM players tonight, can't make out the numbers at all on the NFHS broadcast so I don't know if the players have come back or not.

Rough weekend for Mass., losing both OOS games of note.

Right now, CM is still the No. 1 team, but those injuries make it tough. Xaverian and Springfield Central are playing Friday. CM faces St. Francis (NY). I would think CM does well, but I think it will be fairly tight. St. John's Prep is one of a handful of teams that could slip into that top spot if CM loses again.

20 hours ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

Rough weekend for Mass., losing both OOS games of note.

Right now, CM is still the No. 1 team, but those injuries make it tough. Xaverian and Springfield Central are playing Friday. CM faces St. Francis (NY). I would think CM does well, but I think it will be fairly tight. St. John's Prep is one of a handful of teams that could slip into that top spot if CM loses again.

I went to the Iona Prep (NY) vs Springfield Central (Mass) game last weekend.  Iona was definitely better across the board, but SC had a good freshman QB - he has a bright future 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tommygun58 said:

My family has owned a house in East Orleans Cape Cod for over 50 yrs & I travel up from NJ 2-3 times a year.I'm heading up  mid Oct & thinking about hitting a high school football game or two,It's something I never thought about doing.Are there any teams worth watching?

Best team on the Cape is Barnstable. They a ranked team from around here.

Interesting year in Mass.

Catholic Memorial beat St .Francis (NY) today, 50-36. CM has had some injuries so we will see how they respond. They're a little young right now everywhere except the OL.

Springfield Central beat Xaverian last night, 44-41. Fun game. Central might be the best team in the state. Their ENTIRE offense is coming back next year.

St. John's Prep doesn't start any FBS recruits, but they're so solid and well coached.

Will be fun to see how this plays out.