Week 2 Excuse Thread

Sammyswordsman

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Might have to add to the black eye for ga as their top 2 teams looked bad

Grayson wins 12-7 and coldcuts win over VM looked pedestrian after mv smoked them.

Your state #3 team lost to Illinois #1 team  wheres the excuse at for that? 

Since we're up here making up rankings for other states now. 

Bishop Amat is #3 in CA now... 

5 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Might have to add to the black eye for ga as their top 2 teams looked bad

Grayson wins 12-7 and coldcuts win over VM looked pedestrian after mv smoked them.

VM didnt look as bad as youd think... Penalties and awful QB play were their downfall.

If they could find a QB they might win a few games. 

Grayson was also in a dogfight with McEachern last year... and ended up winning 16-13 on a last second FG. McEachern is good every year.

Grayson vs John Curtis next week. Theyll need to play better to win that game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

It was 41-0 😂😂😂😂😂

Pretty sure it was 34-7 wasnt it, before MV had 41.. I fell asleep at 27-0, it was late as shit... but I watched most of it, did you? 

What Im saying is... without those killer penalties (watch a replay and youll see what I mean), there were 2 that extended MV drives bc MV was going for it on 4th down every time last night...and 3 that killed VM big plays... like a 35 yard punt return down to MVs 28 yard line, they called that back, and 2 more big 1st downs for VM turned into 3rd and 28 and 3rd 17...

That PLUS ... the main point... IF VM can find a semi-reliable QB, they can be a decent team. They have the skill guys, and I think their D is atleast servicable enough to win if the O can stay on the field longer than they did last night. VM had WRs open all night...

Hell watch their very 1st offensive play of the game, the QB missed a wide open WR 20 yards down the field streaking by himself along the sideline. He was gone if the QB makes a better throw.

VM wasnt going to contain MVs offense. MV was simply too strong for VM... but their biggest and most glaring problem is a lack of a QB. With one, that can sustain drives... the D is decent enough to atleast win some games.

I dont think Tom Brady wouldve been enough for VM to beat MV last night... but with a better QB they might beat JSerra and Murrieta Valley. I think OLu is going to beat them by 3+ TDs next week too.  With the personnel they have now, theyll start the season 1-5.

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Pretty sure it was 34-7 wasnt it, before MV had 41.. I fell asleep at 27-0, it was late as shit... but I watched most of it, did you? 

What Im saying is... without those killer penalties (watch a replay and youll see what I mean), there were 2 that extended MV drives bc MV was going for it on 4th down every time last night...and 3 that killed VM big plays... like a 35 yard punt return down to MVs 28 yard line, they called that back, and 2 more big 1st downs for VM turned into 3rd and 28 and 3rd 17...

That PLUS ... the main point... IF VM can find a semi-reliable QB, they can be a decent team. They have the skill guys, and I think their D is atleast servicable enough to win if the O can stay on the field longer than they did last night. VM had WRs open all night...

Hell watch their very 1st offensive play of the game, the QB missed a wide open WR 20 yards down the field streaking by himself along the sideline. He was gone if the QB makes a better throw.

VM wasnt going to contain MVs offense. MV was simply too strong for VM... but their biggest and most glaring problem is a lack of a QB. With one, that can sustain drives... the D is decent enough to atleast win some games.

I dont think Tom Brady wouldve been enough for VM to beat MV last night... but with a better QB they might beat JSerra and Murrieta Valley. I think OLu is going to beat them by 3+ TDs next week too.  With the personnel they have now, theyll start the season 1-5.

Oh by the way.  OLU won 37 - 0 last night.

things aren't looking any easier for Your " let's see how VM does in Ca. " scenario. LOL

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Oh by the way.  OLU won 37 - 0 last night.

things aren't looking any easier for Your " let's see how VM does in Ca. " scenario. LOL

I can see VM beating Murrieta Valley at the very least. MV looked bad too if Im not mistaken.

If VM cleans up the penalties (or discards those refs from last night), and shows their QB to throw a football at least semi-accurately from more than 5 yards away... they may win a few games.

Kingwill    28

• Advanced Member
  •  
  • Kingwill
  • Members
  • 135 posts
30 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Let's see them today first ... 

but on the road will be tough game. Sjc will have tough practice week after dls meltdown. 

Sjc -7.5 line right now 

True but part of meltdown I will blame on the game finishing after 1 am in East plus was really hot there.. they wore out and got tired.  Will they have hangover and will SJR be coming in with confidence after today remains to be seen.