High school football tiers - week 3

Sammyswordsman

Tier 1 - Mater Dei, IMG, Allen, DLS, SJB, SJC, STA, MC, De Soto, Bingham, Bishop Gorman

Tier 2 - AHP, Chaminade, SJR, OLU, Grayson, SFA, De Matha, St. X, Colerain, Lowndes, St. Louis, Byrnes, Judson, Edna Karr, ECA, Cen10, MIssion Viejo, Permian, CHill, Trinity*, Ben Davis, BTW

Tier 3 - Bergen Cath, AW, Servite, Santa Margarita, Don Bosco, JSerra, De Paul , Collquitt , Kahuku,  Poly, SPP, John Curtis, Cartersville, Mountain Point, Hoover, SJP

Tier4 - Rome, Serra Gardena, Chandler, PC, 

Tier 5 - Folsom 

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Can we get somebody less apt to episodes of extreme multi-personality disorder to do this?

Dear Mr. ECHS05,

We Appreciate your concern.  However each poster is entitled to submit their own poll for review and comment.  You may also submit your poll, but you cannot use the same name.  We suggest your poll be named..."Week 3 Tears"

Thank you in advance 

-The Comish

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 1 - Mater Dei, IMG, Allen, DLS, SJB, SJC, STA, MC, De Soto, Bingham, Bishop Gorman

Tier 2 - AHP, Chaminade, SJR, OLU, Grayson, SFA, De Matha, St. X, Colerain, SJP, Lowndes, St. Louis, Byrnes, Judson, Edna Karr, ECA, Cen10, MIssion Viejo, Permian, CHill

Tier 3 - Bergen Cath, AW, Servite, Santa Margarita, Don Bosco, JSerra, De Paul , Collquitt , Kahuku, Rome, Poly, SPP, John Curtis, Cartersville, Mountain Point, Hoover

Tier 5 - Folsom 

Is there a Tier higher then 1? If not can we add one? Cause MD is at a higher level then the rest of those team...

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, WpialHSFB said:

Don't sleep on Pine Richland in PA.  They have the team to run the table and could take out SJP in a great state final if it plays out as expected.  

It wouldn't be a shocker for Erie Prep to beat Arch Wood either.  A lot of depth in PA this year.

PA in the winners circle don't worry! 

15 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 2 - AHP, Chaminade, SJR, OLU, Grayson, SFA, De Matha, St. X, Colerain, SJP, Lowndes, St. Louis, Byrnes, Judson, Edna Karr, ECA, Cen10, MIssion Viejo, Permian, CHill, Trinity*, Ben Davis

Tier 3 - Bergen Cath, AW, Servite, Santa Margarita, Don Bosco, JSerra, De Paul , Collquitt , Kahuku,  Poly, SPP, John Curtis, Cartersville, Mountain Point, Hoover

Tier 5 - Folsom 

Appreciate that you still have love for "The Bishop" but no way we deserve to be in Tier 1.  If we don't get our crap together this week, we are Tier 3 at best.  As long as I've been looking forward to this weeks opponent, I have never been this concerned about BG.  Literally may be a make or break game for the rest of the season - not to mention seasons to come.  Too many issues right now and as a parent, fan & supporter it's sad, upsetting & disappointing. dscf3685002.jpg

Is the empire falling apart or are there a few pillars of strength that will keep it up right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Gridiron Godfather said:

Appreciate that you still have love for "The Bishop" but no way we deserve to be in Tier 1.  If we don't get our crap together this week, we are Tier 3 at best.  As long as I've been looking forward to this weeks opponent, I have never been this concerned about BG.  Literally may be a make or break game for the rest of the season - not to mention seasons to come.  Too many issues right now and as a parent, fan & supporter it's sad, upsetting & disappointing. dscf3685002.jpg

Is the empire falling apart or are there a few pillars of strength that will keep it up right?

I'm sorry, let me make sure I understand this....

Your team lost 1 game?  Is that correct?  In how many years??  And THIS is the picture you post?

Wow...I realize expectations are high but geesh, what do we not know about BG that would cause "empire tumbling" concerns??

-93CardinalsFan

23 hours ago, 93CardinalsFan said:

Need to move Colerain to Tier 5.  They are a mess on offense and they are playing 3 guys consistently both ways.

My guess is once they lose for a 3rd time in the coming weeks, possibly as early as this coming Friday, this should correct itself.

-93CardinalsFan

They played two tier 2 teams within 1 score.   This qualifies them for tier 2.

Tiers are not about records.  

Tier 1 = Can compete vs. Any team in the country and possibly win

Tier 2 = Won't stay within 21 points of tier 1

Tier 3 = -10 vs. Tier 2

Tier 4 = 10 vs. Tier 3

Tier 5 = Any team we don't like 

23 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

They played two tier 2 teams within 1 score.   This qualifies them for tier 2.

Tiers are not about records.  

Tier 1 = Can compete vs. Any team in the country and possibly win

Tier 2 = Won't stay within 21 points of tier 1

Tier 3 = -10 vs. Tier 2

Tier 4 = 10 vs. Tier 3

Tier 5 = Any team we don't like 

So neither Grayson, Lowndes, nor Colquitt stay within 21 of any of those teams in Tier 1?

Most would be lucky to score 21 on Grayson or Colq.

On 9/10/2017 at 10:56 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 2 - AHP, Chaminade, SJR, OLU, Grayson, SFA, De Matha, St. X, Colerain, SJP, Lowndes, St. Louis, Byrnes, Judson, Edna Karr, ECA, Cen10, MIssion Viejo, Permian, CHill, Trinity*, Ben Davis

Tier 3 - Bergen Cath, AW, Servite, Santa Margarita, Don Bosco, JSerra, De Paul , Collquitt , Kahuku,  Poly, SPP, John Curtis, Cartersville, Mountain Point, Hoover

Tier 5 - Folsom 

SPP played SJP on the road to a 7 point game and SJP is T2 and SPP is T3??

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SPP and SJR should be in the same tier. You decide. 

If you have actually seen the teams play, you may have better insight.  But from my "gut feeling"...

SJR played SJC respectable  so they stay on Tier 2.  I am not sold on SJP  so SPP losing to them stays at Tier 3. 

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

So neither Grayson, Lowndes, nor Colquitt stay within 21 of any of those teams in Tier 1?

Most would be lucky to score 21 on Grayson or Colq.

Yes.  Grayson's offense is not capable of scoring over 17 points vs  the Tier 1 teams.  And the Tier 1 offenses would score 28+ off Grayson.

Grayson offense struggled not only against Ga defense, but also against a La defense and IMG last year.