Geico State Champions Bowl

sportsnut25

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

Also, aren't we still in same spot when it comes to the "img is the real#1 debate" if you have to be a state champ to play?

Who's to say that one of our state champs at end of year couldn't beat IMG?

last team to beat them lost in second round of 5a playoffs which most of you all say is our states worst big school class or at least did that year 

We have anywhere from 5-10 schools in FL with enough talent to play with and potentially beat IMG wether you all beilive it or not 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Ask the 5A champ or Cartersville.

One of the funnier clown things you said last year was that they should've taken Cartersville instead of Valdosta.

Yeah, because that would've worked out real well.

49 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

The ideal situation in my book would be to invite Cartersville. They'd be coming off of a 3 peat, 45 game win streak, and a chance to see Trevor Lawrence one last time before he heads off to Clemson. 

If you think Cartersville wouldn't embarrass Georgia much like Valdosta did then you're not paying much attention.

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

We have anywhere from 5-10 schools in FL with enough talent to play with and potentially beat IMG wether you all beilive it or not 

Talent is one thing... execution coaching and depth to withstand the 48 min abuse is another.  STA isn't there yet.  Irrelevant as they won't schedule them.   AHP, MC and MNW?   AHP probably best shot of the 3.  

5-10 cmon man   This is IMG.   Look what SJR did to DFB?  Armwood?   C'mon man.   

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

California has moved their last playoff game up a week in 2018 to December 14 so I guess they could send a team if they wanted but they are going to ask for more money 💰 

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

That means CA teams are playing 16-17 games and this would be the week after the CIF Sate Bowl games...hard sell...

No way CA plays

this is just a series for states with diluted playoffs to give their teams that want or need it a quality opponent after Labor Day

1 hour ago, LOSer said:

This is just as stupid as Grayson wanting to take 110 players and their baton twirling team.

You either accept the offer or kick rocks.

That's how it works.

It will depend on how much Paragon believes they need California and Texas.If their goal is a national championship type bowl game they will pay because ESPN will pay if not then they won't

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

That means CA teams are playing 16-17 games and this would be the week after the CIF Sate Bowl games...hard sell...

Open champion will play 15 games all other state champions play 16 so I don't think one extra game for the open champ means that much.Like I said the CIF will want to get paid

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

Going to cost a lot more than 10-40 thousand to get state associations like the CIF and UIL to permit their teams to play

Why should the state association get any money at all? Bribe money?  LOl.  Its not like the association is going to the be ones playing.  That money should go to the schools general fund. 

22 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Talent is one thing... execution coaching and depth to withstand the 48 min abuse is another.  STA isn't there yet.  Irrelevant as they won't schedule them.   AHP, MC and MNW?   AHP probably best shot of the 3.  

5-10 cmon man   This is IMG.   Look what SJR did to DFB?  Armwood?   C'mon man.   

The better team don't always win and AHP already proved they can beat img 

If those 2 play their best they can as well 

Sta has the ability to beat img,  if they ever play 

I never thought deerfield or armwood would be one of those 5-10 that i think can beat them 

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Archer might go.  Buford might go.  Lowndes would not.  Rush would leave tomorrow (and take 103 players).  Not sure about Cartersville.  Valdosta probably wouldn't go...(Smile).

Rufus>>

Why wouldnt Lowndes? 

Rome/Buford would probably both go.

Id assume Cartersville would too.

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Why should the state association get any money at all? Bribe money?  LOl.  Its not like the association is going to the be ones playing.  That money should go to the schools general fund. 

Paragon is already paying the associations for their permission.The schools get a different pay day

44 minutes ago, LOSer said:

If you think Cartersville wouldn't embarrass Georgia much like Valdosta did then you're not paying much attention.

Valdosta was a come out of nowhere 1 and done. They had a dozen close games and didnt have much of an O.

Cartersville has been there for 3 years.

Their offense can keep them in ANY game... much like a mini-CC. 

Valdosta wouldnt have embarrassed GA if not for the turnovers in their own territory.. and its not embarrassing when your 6th or 7th best team goes to TX and loses to a Top 15 team in the country.

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

If thats true then DLS should be all for it.

DLS only played 13 games last season... and itd test that "hyper-improvement theory".

DLS has ended 10 seasons in a row playing a top 10 team in week 17

dls doesnt need to fly 3,000 miles to play Cartersville after that

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Except the fact that none of these associations are scared to play a cali team. Don't make it seem like your teams are running shit when it comes to football 

Did you see most recent comp poll?

MD #1

SJB #4

DLS # 9

CC #10

All in same playoff bracket, which is 3 more top 10 teams than are in any other.  i don't even live there anymore, but seems like CA is running things at least in 2017

1 minute ago, Pops said:

DLS has ended 10 seasons in a row playing a top 10 team in week 17

dls doesnt need to fly 3,000 miles to play Cartersville after that

9 out of 10 years thats the ONLY team they play , unless they go OOS and lose beforehand. 

Doing it twice in a row would be a different experience for DLS.

Playing one team worth shit in the playoffs every year is the definition of a watered down playoffs... and its usually against the same bad teams it already beat 56-7 during the season.

12 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

The better team don't always win and AHP already proved they can beat img 

If those 2 play their best they can as well 

Sta has the ability to beat img,  if they ever play 

I never thought deerfield or armwood would be one of those 5-10 that i think can beat them 

I don't know who you had in the 10 but I see those 3 at this time and STA if they get an offense together.   Sure any given day.  But realistically... Since the national invites and upping the underclass ratings they've never lost.  It's not gunna be to Venice or Plant or Apopka or etc.  not to TCA either.     St John's college?  OK game on.  Hope they reschedule.  But FL just my opinion.  3 tops.  FL has lax transfer policy so they have a few more legit shots.  

1 minute ago, Pops said:

Did you see most recent comp poll?

MD #1

SJB #4

DLS # 9

CC #10

All in same playoff bracket, which is 3 more top 10 teams than are in any other.  i don't even live there anymore, but seems like CA is running things at least in 2017

Dont pretend like DLS is in that playoff bracket... like theres a chance they can play more than 1 of them.

Thats also a poll. Numbers a person put beside those teams name... meaning little to nothing.

• Like 1