Tonight's Sermon...or...Bang The Drum

Rufus69

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Short and Sweet....

Sometimes you win

Sometimes you lose

and

Sometimes you get Bitch-Slapped

Flush it and get ready for the Cats......

Rufus>>

Sounds like the boys came out thinking they had this game in the bag, and forgot you actually have to play the game. We have an extremely young group, and hopefully they learned a little lesson tonight.

If we don't figure something out on offense, we are going to drop a few more.

O-line is a problem on pass protection. Too banged up. I'd like to blame it on the qb, but he actually did ok considering the level of duress he was under. Not sure why we don't go to the screen more when they blitz from the outside. We had some success at that when we did do it. Used to seeing a lot more screens from our offense. 

Also, we can't get the tight end into the passing game because he's too busy blocking.  I'd like to see us get Boatwright more involved in production than blocking but just can't do it. 

Simply can't run the ball every damned play. Backs are getting banged up and teams don't respect the Pack's ability to stretch the field.

Brookwood game planned for us well. Tapped that ass in the first quarter really. After giving up 21 like that so quickly, the boys could have given up but they played on. 

You win some, you lose some. 

Wildcats are on the menu. 

49 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Sounds like the boys came out thinking they had this game in the bag, and forgot you actually have to play the game. We have an extremely young group, and hopefully they learned a little lesson tonight.

Let me guess.... Colquitt got away from running the ball and tried to get Steven to be the hero?

And from what I saw, Brookwood won off of big plays. 

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

They need a better decision maker behind center! He tries hard, but he needs to get his head in the game! While he was throwing into double coverage! J.J. was standing in the end zone all by himself, playing with his packer!

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Let me guess.... Colquitt got away from running the ball and tried to get Steven to be the hero?

And from what I saw, Brookwood won off of big plays. 

He may not be ready for prime time! And it remains to be seen, if he ever will! Is a legit college going to look at someone seriously, when they had thrown for fewer than four hundred yards in five games?

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Don't count the boys out of a Geico game just yet.

Still can make the run at reclaiming the title. Maybe the loss is just what the doctor ordered.

You're a FUNNY FOOL! Colquitt will be lucky to go 7-3 in regular season! And a second or third round exit again! Remember the kid from White county? MUCH better than today's edition, and where did HE end up?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

You're a FUNNY FOOL! Colquitt will be lucky to go 7-3 in regular season! And a second or third round exit again! Remember the kid from White county? MUCH better than today's edition, and where did HE end up?

Yeah, if the offense doesn't come alive, we can pretty well expect that. After watching tonight, one wonders how in the heck we got 4 wins in the bag. 

In the stands, we are starting to hear the calls for number 4 under center. Idk if he's completely ready either though. There's a lot of grumbling creeping in, not that it isn't for good reason, but, are we really putting the kid in position to win? 

He either doesn't have time to set, he's getting dropped or hurried, or, lucky to have an open guy. We're anemic on offense and it's not all the qb. He does seem to hold the ball too long at times, but he hasn't much been afforded the opportunity to get a rhythm, Hate second guessing the plan all the time, but we don't use the screen. Seems like when the qb is getting rushed like ours is, you start dinking and dunking screens to at least keep the defense honest. We have Leggett and Singletary that are dangerous on the outside if you get them the ball. Two steps, toss the screen. WR screen, bubble screen etc. Mix that in with the runs and at least open the field in the middle a little. 

Man, we run one off tackle, next play sweep, back off tackle. Punt or Run again depending on whether the backs got 4 average or 2. Finally 1 pass, off tackle run, time out, draw up the middle... punt. Off tackle, sweep, time out, draw up the middle. 3rd and 2, sack. 

Don't read this Valdosta. That's our play book. xD

Tough week. It is what it is though. I didn't see any quit in the kids, even after going down 21. Knew right then, having seen our offense enough times already, that, we were probably toast. Bring on the Cats... I think. haha

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

O-line is a problem on pass protection. Too banged up. I'd like to blame it on the qb, but he actually did ok considering the level of duress he was under. Not sure why we don't go to the screen more when they blitz from the outside. We had some success at that when we did do it. Used to seeing a lot more screens from our offense. 

Also, we can't get the tight end into the passing game because he's too busy blocking.  I'd like to see us get Boatwright more involved in production than blocking but just can't do it. 

Simply can't run the ball every damned play. Backs are getting banged up and teams don't respect the Pack's ability to stretch the field.

Brookwood game planned for us well. Tapped that ass in the first quarter really. After giving up 21 like that so quickly, the boys could have given up but they played on. 

Who played QB tonight? Jaycee or Krajewski?

Well...the sun came up on Amelia.  I figured it might.  My Hawgs are now 4-1.  We were 1-4 this time last year.  Sometimes the answer is simple even though we try to make it complicated.

Last night...we weren't ready to play.

Brookwood wanted the game a heckuva lot more than we did.  And it showed on the scoreboard.  I'm not saying our guys didn't try...cause nothing could be further from the truth.  We looked like we were on different pages the entire game.  And yes, the injuries definitely hurt us...but this is football.  You adapt.  You overcome.  You persevere.  And we couldn't.  Or...at least we didn't.

When it comes right down to it...this loss did not destroy our chances at the ULTIMATE goal.  Maybe...if you look at it "sideways"...it may have actually helped.  Nobody hates to lose more than me.  NOBODY.  But I think we needed a wake up call.  Both with some of our players and some of our coaching staff.  Sometimes you see the rainbow...but you never see the rain.  Well...now...we definitely see the rain.

We got the Cats coming in next Friday night.  Our longest and most brutal rival.  We first played them in 1913...and they have beaten us more than any other team.  Suffice it to say...the Hawgs want this one.  Rush wants this one.  "Doc" wants this one.  And as for me...one of my best friends is the Velvet Voice of the Valdosta Wildcats.  And I don't wanna hafta listen to his wonderful radio voice for a whole stinking year saying..."Rufus, maybe next year".  So guess what...I want this one TOO !!!!

So let's flush this mess from last night...and place all our focus on next Friday's game.  Cause fellers...any way you put it....it's time to....

HAWG UP !!!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I GUESS they realized during their scouting report! That their 300 lb. OL could gash our 200lb DL, save two players!

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...the sun came up on Amelia.  I figured it might.  My Hawgs are now 4-1.  We were 1-4 this time last year.  Sometimes the answer is simple even though we try to make it complicated.

Last night...we weren't ready to play.

Brookwood wanted the game a heckuva lot more than we did.  And it showed on the scoreboard.  I'm not saying our guys didn't try...cause nothing could be further from the truth.  We looked like we were on different pages the entire game.  And yes, the injuries definitely hurt us...but this is football.  You adapt.  You overcome.  You persevere.  And we couldn't.  Or...at least we didn't.

When it comes right down to it...this loss did not destroy our chances at the ULTIMATE goal.  Maybe...if you look at it "sideways"...it may have actually helped.  Nobody hates to lose more than me.  NOBODY.  But I think we needed a wake up call.  Both with some of our players and some of our coaching staff.  Sometimes you see the rainbow...but you never see the rain.  Well...now...we definitely see the rain.

We got the Cats coming in next Friday night.  Our longest and most brutal rival.  We first played them in 1913...and they have beaten us more than any other team.  Suffice it to say...the Hawgs want this one.  Rush wants this one.  "Doc" wants this one.  And as for me...one of my best friends is the Velvet Voice of the Valdosta Wildcats.  And I don't wanna hafta listen to his wonderful radio voice for a whole stinking year saying..."Rufus, maybe next year".  So guess what...I want this one TOO !!!!

So let's flush this mess from last night...and place all our focus on next Friday's game.  Cause fellers...any way you put it....it's time to....

HAWG UP !!!!!!

Rufus>>

I'm assuming this was Rush's post game speech...

• Like 1