Week 4 Excuse thread - Ga only

Sammyswordsman

Hello, is this the suicide hotline? First time caller. 'Bout to jump on a big damned chicken in the north endzone of Brookwood Community Stadium!

Not sure if that equates to suicide or not, but I did see some cops saluting that fowl creature before the game. I assume they may shoot, but I'm jumping that big ass bird anyway. 

images_1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

ATLien12x
Advanced Member

Members
3,288 posts
Posted 3 minutes ago
Did not see this game but listened to pieces of it on crusin94. They did not seem happy. Very very surprising result. Especially after Brookwood did not look good opening the year. 

Not sure what happened. Blame that bitch Irma

Quote this

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hello, is this the suicide hotline? First time caller. 'Bout to jump on a big damned chicken in the north endzone of Brookwood Community Stadium!

Not sure if that equates to suicide or not, but I did see some cops saluting that fowl creature before the game. I assume they may shoot, but I'm jumping that big ass bird anyway. 

images_1.jpg

Were you one of the homies in the Packer jerseys, who sat for the national anthem?

The 50th Regiment band didn't make the trip. A lot of superstition surrounding this.

I heard this stuff from the time I got to the stands until the long walk back up the hill. Asked the principal and she said the band had a jamboree today,combined with storm related issues etc., the trip would have been difficult due to the turn around to the jamboree. Then, once that decision to not attend the game was made, Friday morning the jamboree got cancelled so the early decision to not come to the game turned out blah. She said it was too late to organize the trip for the band at that point. Hence the Packers lost because the band took the week off. It's all the band's fault!

There was other bad omens that didn't directly affect the outcome the same as the band not being there though. The fan bus had mechanical issues in Locust Grove and barely made it to the game in time. If not for a heroic driver that made the repair himself at a Locust Grove car parts store, after going to a different parts store to get the part as the first didn't have the part, that group of fans wouldn't have made it in time for the 1st quarter. 

Don't really want to drop this one, because as I understand, even Brookwood dealt with some affects from Irma and I'm not sure how bad their situation was...It's an excuse none-the-less. Not mine, but an excuse.

Mine's the damned big ass chicken at the north end of the field. By the way, thanks to the suicide hotline for talking me down last night in what was sure to have been a dangerous situation for me, if not suicide by cop. xD

The biggie, which everyone is aware of, would be Irma. Some of the kids on the team made the trip to Snellville leaving behind homes with no power, and probably getting back home to no power today, although most power should be restored by the end of today. Not that it should make a huge difference, but it is difficult to function when you have home difficulties like that in the back of your mind. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

Tallest midget is nothing to brag about my good man

lol I will brag all day long cause nobody wants to give Cartersville love cause they play 4A , but the calls go both ways, Lowndes, Grayson, Colquitt could give the call to play the Canes but they have not cause they don't want to get bet by the tallest midget!

• Confused 1

Hell, I wake up this morning and don't know who the best team in Georgia is. It could be Cartersville but they don't make the strength of schedule argument. 

Rush said there was probably 5-7 teams in 7A that are bunched together that could be the state champion at the end of this season. By god, he's right, AGAIN. He knew from day one that there was a lot of parity this season among the big schools. It's a big question mark who the true best in the state is at this point. Quite possibly there are multiple teams now with losses that would beat Cartersville. On the flip side of that, there are probably quite a few teams that are undefeated that Cartersville could beat. Any given Friday... 

• Like 1