Centennial moved to No.2

Ararar

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Doesn't mean anything for the playoffs

Historically, the coaches poll has been the best guide for projecting the playoff bracket, but the only poll that matters is the Week 10 poll. The winner of SJB/MD will almost certainly be the #1 seed assuming they don't lose any other games.  It doesn't really matter if Cen10 or the loser of SJB/MD are #2 or #3. The real surprise this year would be Cen10 getting #1.

3 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Historically, the coaches poll has been the best guide for projecting the playoff bracket, but the only poll that matters is the Week 10 poll. The winner of SJB/MD will almost certainly be the #1 seed assuming they don't lose any other games.  It doesn't really matter if Cen10 or the loser of SJB/MD are #2 or #3. The real surprise this year would be Cen10 getting #1.

That won't happen cuz they (CIF rules) cannot put the #1 and #2 teams in a league (Trinity) is the same semi final bracket

24 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

That won't happen cuz they (CIF rules) cannot put the #1 and #2 teams in a league (Trinity) is the same semi final bracket

Oh right, good point. You could conceivably see this happening with the new divisional structure and Trinity teams getting 3 of the 4 top seeds (but definitely not this year).

16 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Other than #2 having a home game for the semifinal?

Home teams are only decided by seed/league finish for the first round. After that it goes to the team with the least number of home games in the playoffs then to a coin flip if the teams have the same number.

24 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Built in advantage for Trinity League since it effectively forces Centennial (or any other public school) to have to run a tougher gauntlet.  If Centennial boosters chipped in to Toss A Cross onto the school, and change the name to Saint N e al, do you think they could petition for inclusion in the Trinity League ( at least from an athletics perspective) lol?  

1 minute ago, On2whls said:

Built in advantage for Trinity League since it effectively forces Centennial (or any other public school) to have to run a tougher gauntlet.  If Centennial boosters chipped in to Toss A Cross onto the school, and change the name to Saint N e al, do you think they could petition for inclusion in the Trinity League ( at least from an athletics perspective) lol?  

its the same for all the leagues, not just Trinity League. 

4 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I understand that but realistically, what other league in CIF south has any shot of fielding 1 and 2?

Actually, with divisional realignment it might not be unthinkable, but I don't follow the other divisions closely enough to give a specific example. 

For the scope of this board, most people probably only care about D1. In that case, right now it's just Trinity. The Mission League would probably have the best shot in future years, but I don't really see that happening any time soon.

12 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Cen10 with their new found defense and a healthy Tanner will be awesome come playoffs. This team could really challenge MD. Although now with DJ in for SJB they too could win it all. It's going to be a fun playoff season in SoCal no doubt.

Yes, no doubt Cen10 will be good but I don't give them much chance against MD. Receivers are too small and can't get separation downfield.  That leaves the quick crossing routes and MD will clog up the lanes.  On the other side of the ball Cen10's secondary is small and not very physical so St Brown could have a field day.  I don't think MD will run effectively on them, but shouldn't need to.   I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid this is MD's year.