Disney

SeaShells21

On 6/24/2023 at 11:14 AM, Nolebull813 said:

Politics aside, Disney is ok if it’s in the cooler months. Right now it has to be miserable. I’ve been a few times when my kids were much younger and the heat is the main issue. And there’s a stupid amount of walking. And the food is expensive. If you have the fast pass you can hit the main attractions without waiting crazy long. It’s not worth coming from out of state and paying thousands of dollars for everything. If you are already in CFLA and want to make a day of it. 

Politics aside, I’m wondering if Iger is questioning his return back to Disney. 

I heard last week that he’s looking to sell ABC, which is noted in the article and today a link share of another executive leaving Disney and it’s from ESPN, another big piece to the puzzle that Iger is trying to solve. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-09-19/espn-cfo-bryan-castellani-to-exit-for-warner-music-cfo-role

In case link is blocked, screenshots added.  

IMG_5939.jpeg

IMG_5940.jpeg

IMG_5941.jpeg

IMG_5945.jpeg

On 6/25/2023 at 11:37 AM, SeaShells21 said:

What is Hershey park?

Those guys must like chocolate more than football...😝

Hershey Stadium / Hershey Park

is/was where Pennsylvania has all their 🏈 State Championships...

Photo

PS: well...until last year...🤷‍♂️

Why did PIAA move from Hershey?
“And with the number of people that we have been drawing in the last five years, I'm not sure that we could've paid the bill,” he added. Rising rental fees, insufficient locker rooms and practice areas were believed to be contributing factors to the PIAA's decision to move on from Hersheypark Stadium.Feb 23, 2022

BTW: Hey Mom, we just won the Superbowl State Championship,

and we're going to Disneyworld in Hershey Park !!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Troll said:

Those guys must like chocolate more than football...😝

Hershey Stadium / Hershey Park

is/was where Pennsylvania has all their 🏈 State Championships...

Photo

PS: well...until last year...🤷‍♂️

Why did PIAA move from Hershey?
“And with the number of people that we have been drawing in the last five years, I'm not sure that we could've paid the bill,” he added. Rising rental fees, insufficient locker rooms and practice areas were believed to be contributing factors to the PIAA's decision to move on from Hersheypark Stadium.Feb 23, 2022

BTW: Hey Mom, we just won the Superbowl State Championship,

and we're going to Disneyworld in Hershey Park !!!

That is interesting. It looks like they had a bid and decided on Cumberland Valley H.S. being a spot to have their championships at least until 2025. It is supposedly going under some quality renovations that will work wonders better than Hershey park. 

It also sounds like the decision created mixed feelings about the move 😕 That probably comes with any venue change though; I can remember when they decided to host state at NRG stadium in Houston in 2015 instead of Jerry World in Dallas. Yeah, It immediately went back to Dallas the next year.

https://www.timesonline.com/story/sports/high-school/2022/02/23/piaa-football-championships-cumberland-valley-high-school-hersheypark-stadium-soccer-volleyball/6915056001/

IMG_0037.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I first went to Disney World in 1975. It was a magical place. I took my kids there several times but they haven’t been since they were young. Probably the last time we went my daughter was eight and she’s 19. 

like Nolebull said, politics aside, Disney is awesome in the winter months. It’s brutal in the summer.